Mexico trying to have it both ways on guns from America.

This is a discussion on Mexico trying to have it both ways on guns from America. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...d=opinionsbox1 This record of malfeasance is bad enough. But in Mexico's war, the United States also plays the role of supplier to the enemy -- ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mexico trying to have it both ways on guns from America.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Mexico trying to have it both ways on guns from America.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...d=opinionsbox1

This record of malfeasance is bad enough. But in Mexico's war, the United States also plays the role of supplier to the enemy -- and it does that far more efficiently. At a discussion sponsored by the think tank Third Way in Washington last week, Mexican Ambassador Arturo Sarukhán pointed out that the vast majority of guns and money flowing to the cartels come from the United States, including from 7,000 federally licensed gun stores along the border in Texas and Arizona. Eighty percent of the 75,000 guns seized by the Calderón government over three years came from the United States.

Calderón has pleaded with Congress and two administrations to reinstate the federal ban on assault weapons and to stop the massive illegal sales to Mexicans. Next to no action has been taken, despite Obama's rhetorical support for tougher enforcement. Sarukhán diplomatically noted that southbound inspections of vehicles for guns and cash have finally begun; but so far there have been only a handful of seizures.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

80 percent of the guns or 80 percent of the guns THEY CAN TRACE? Big difference. Somehow I doubt the cartels are buying 800.00 AR's from a gun store when they can buy a crate of AK's off the black market for 500.00
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Of course the majority of the cartels weapons come from the US....By way of the corrupt MEXICAN government/military!!!

We should be demanding THEY clean up their own cesspool of a country.

It's our fault for what comes into our country (out of their's) and our fault for what leaves our country (into their's) and we are supposed to ignore them (citizens and military) invading our country, but we can't invade theirs to catch criminals - what exactly are they responsible for?

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    80 percent of the guns or 80 percent of the guns THEY CAN TRACE? Big difference. Somehow I doubt the cartels are buying 800.00 AR's from a gun store when they can buy a crate of AK's off the black market for 500.00
    That they can trace. The stats I've read and believe, is 94% of the guns cannot be traced. Out of the 6% that are, about 70+ % can be traced to the USA, and out of those.... 90_% are one's originally issued to military or police personnel.

I mean really, look at where they can buy guns from .... all over the world.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

This is why I hate statistics. Anybody can make up statistics and twist them to fit their needs. As others have pointed out, the vast majority of these weapons cannot be traced. Yet they choose to ignore that fact and spread these "statistics" to fit their cause.

80% of people that were in car accidents last month had eaten a hamburger in the last year, therefore hamburgers cause car accidents. See I can do it too.

Mexico is a joke, they need to quit blaming everyone for the crappy state their country is in and actually put a little effort towards fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    ...by the boatload from China or other southeast Asian countries...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

The fact that there was a recent story that Prison officials in Mexico were letting prisoners use their vehicles and guns to go commit murders and then return to be locked up afterwards,they actually traced bullet casings at a murder scene back to the weapons at the prison.The whole government is corrupt,if you drive a vehicle with a US license plate across the border you can expect to be stopped by Mexican police and taken to a ATM machine where you are expected to withdraw money to pay your "FINE"
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The thing you gotta remember is that these numbers are coming out in advance of the NATO gun grab. NRA just had a piece on it in their NRA/ILA section. This Gov is trying to villainize guns and gun owners and IMO this whole Mexico thing is a state run anti PR piece to brainwash the sheep into further believing guns are evil. It has happened before. Easiest way to take a Right is to get enough people thinking that RIGHT is bad and then the bleeting of the sheep gets so loud that those defending it can't be heard.

Stand up and scream from the rooftops, while your voice can still be heard, or join the herd.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Could someone direct me to that/those U.S. gun shop(s) selling the machine guns, hand grenades, anti-tank weapons, and rocket launcher? I would like to see some prices...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

No kidding huh? If the prices are good enough, I''ll move back to Montana and pay the $400 a year to legal own a machine gun!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus View Post
    The thing you gotta remember is that these numbers are coming out in advance of the NATO gun grab. NRA just had a piece on it in their NRA/ILA section. This Gov is trying to villainize guns and gun owners and IMO this whole Mexico thing is a state run anti PR piece to brainwash the sheep into further believing guns are evil. It has happened before. Easiest way to take a Right is to get enough people thinking that RIGHT is bad and then the bleeting of the sheep gets so loud that those defending it can't be heard.

Stand up and scream from the rooftops, while your voice can still be heard, or join the herd.

^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm knd of in this camp on this one.
    I believe ultimately this is one of the ways they will demonize guns/gun owners, in addition to the many ways already being used, to eradicate firearms from the US.

You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of
    brass." - Trooper M. Padgett
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

80 percent of statistics are made up

Does anyone have a link to the statement by DOJ when they thoroughly debunked that stat a few weeks after it first came out? I think it was Hilary that made the statement first or something a good number of months ago.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    80 percent of statistics are made up
    Now that's funny..... LOL.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links