Tonight on ABC Nightline news!

This is a discussion on Tonight on ABC Nightline news! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/open...ry?id=11313221 Pro-Gun Grassroots Groups Taking the Lead in Gun Rights Fight Homespun Organizations Are Leaving the NRA Behind When Pushing for Broader Gun Laws W/ ...

Thread: Tonight on ABC Nightline news!

VIP Member

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/open...ry?id=11313221

Pro-Gun Grassroots Groups Taking the Lead in Gun Rights Fight

Homespun Organizations Are Leaving the NRA Behind When Pushing for Broader Gun Laws
    W/ Video
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

As the NRA is vilified and also proves it caves in often, people will separate themselves from it and the antis will no longer have a single organization to center on and vilify.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    I saw this last night and it was pretty good and very interesting. What I got out of it was the fact that we the people are no longer sitting back and letting groups like the NRA speak for us and to take action for us but rather we are making a lot of noise on our own and getting noticed.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

VIP Member

Thumbs up

From a VA-ALERT.

[Re-posted with prior approval of VCDL]

[First person singular pronouns (I, my, mine, etc) and PVC reference Philip Van Cleave, President VCDL]

Here is a link to the Nightline show last night that dealt with the growing power of grassroots gun rights groups like VCDL.

Overall it was a very good piece. The glaring problem was that someone watching the story might get the impression that gun rights groups had pressured Starbucks into allowing carry on their premises.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Starbucks had never objected to someone carrying *legally* on their property. No pressure from gun owners was even necessary.

It was the anti-gun groups, like the Brady Campaign, that had wet their pants and tried to pressure Starbucks into denying service to gun owners. They had protests, petitions, press releases, threats of boycotts, etc. aimed at Starbucks.
    Groups like VCDL stayed out of that mess, honoring Starbucks' request to be kept out of the middle of the pro-gun/anti-gun debate. Disrespectfully, the antis only increased their efforts.

In the end, Starbucks kept their policy of allowing lawful carry and they had record profits to show for that decision! Many gun owners are still going out of their way to patronize Starbucks.

Thanks to Bob Culver for the link:

http://tinyurl.com/2em5bxk
    -------------------------------------------
    ************************************************** *************************
    VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    (VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization
    dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to
    Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.
    VCDL web page: http://www.vcdl.org [http://www.vcdl.org/]
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

GM
    Good article. Hopefully it will be more like them.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links