Kagan makes it....

Kagan makes it....

This is a discussion on Kagan makes it.... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Kagan made it. No surprises. *Not political* - She has a record of being extremely anti military and anti 2a. I have done my own ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

Kagan makes it....

Kagan made it. No surprises.

*Not political* - She has a record of being extremely anti military and anti 2a. I have done my own research on her and I am not repeating the liberal or conservative spin.

Lets be vigilant now that we have another anti at the highest level of the justice system.

As for now let us pray that one of the 5 non anti justices can hold office until we have a pro-constitutional president and congress in office.

I believe the balance has not changed although the scary part is that they just nominated a ultra liberal extremely under experienced justice who just like all say they will not make policy.

Umm yeah .... lets make sure to ram through as much pro2a as we can before they have the 5-4 advantage on the anti-side.

And in closing .......................... From Sotomayor's website ( http://sotomayorforjustice.com/on_th...ond_amendment/ ) it sais:

Judge Sotomayor’s record on the Second Amendment is one that reflects careful consideration of the precise issues before her and respect for Supreme Court precedent. As in all other areas, she practices judicial restraint and follows the law.

Then why did she vote against 2a in the Mc vs. Chicago case?

Just as Soto, Kagan is another anti wolf in wool in front of the congress and American people until they get the confirmation.

As I say let us be very vigilant.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/?wpisrc=nl_polalert

For fellow Virginians - - it looks like W&W (Webb abd Warner) are not real gun folks. Who woulda thunk it?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Come on how bad can she be? What is her term limit? Crap.

The only good news is that she's replacing another left leaning/anti 2A justice. So currently, the balance of power is still in the pro camp.

Unfortunately, she's also the youngest justice now, which means she'll be in there for a long, long time.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Kagen is another of Obama attempts to render the consitution and with it 2A INVALID! She is receiving her pay off for helping Obama seal his records so no one can find out that he
    is not the legal president.

I believe the balance has not changed although the scary part is that they just nominated a ultra liberal extremely under experienced justice who just like all say they will not make policy.
    Elections have consequences. Too many people wanted "change" but they didn't know how bad it would be. We can't change it now, but we do vote.
    Have long memories, look at what politicians DO, not what they SAY they will do.

And sorry, but you can't vote on one issue, even if it RKBA. Do you want a pro gun politician who will bankrupt the country? I don't.

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justjim View Post
    She is receiving her pay off for helping Obama seal his records so no one can find out that he is not the legal president.

She is receiving her pay off for helping Obama seal his records so no one can find out that he
    is not the legal president.
    If there's a reality-based IQ test, you just failed it.

Also, it's important to note that per Senate tradition, the President gets his Supreme Court picks. It's a perk of office. Nominees are not subject to popular vote, they do not have to be popular, they are not American Idol contestants. It doesn't matter if you like them or not. The only criteria is that they pass scrutiny for fitness. In very rare cases, like that of Robert Bork or Harriet Miers, the candidate is so grossly unfit that the Senate must block the appointment. In other rare occurrences, an inept and unqualified disaster like Clarence Thomas gets through. Kagan falls squarely in the category of qualified and was a shoo-in for confirmation.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Another EAST COAST radical progressive with no real experience in life other than academia. I'm a lifelong New Yorker, who worked in the judicial system for many years..........I've seen more Kagans than I want to think about. I hope that the Republicans(if you can call them that)who voted for her,when her nomination was a certainty will be kicked out of office as soon as possible. Jim Webb, a genuine Marine hero, should be ashamed of himself....pro-gun my a**
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    Also, it's important to note that per Senate tradition, the President gets his Supreme Court picks. It's a perk of office. Nominees are not subject to popular vote, they do not have to be popular, they are not American Idol contestants. It doesn't matter if you like them or not. The only criteria is that they pass scrutiny for fitness. In very rare cases, like that of Robert Bork or Harriet Miers, the candidate is so grossly unfit that the Senate must block the appointment. In other rare occurrences, an inept and unqualified disaster like Clarence Thomas gets through. Kagan falls squarely in the category of qualified and was a shoo-in for confirmation.
    Forget Senate tradition, the President does NOT get his Supreme Court pick. The President nominates and the Senate gives consent and without that consent the individual doesn't become a Supreme Court Justice.

As for Kagan, the Judicary Committee vote was 13 - 6 and the full Senate vote was 63 - 37. Neither of these express a raving review of Kagan's qualifications. You can throw up Thomas, Bork and Miers but highlighting what in your opinion as a bad decision doesn't justify making another bad decision.
    Martial Blade Concepts, Jiu-Jitsu & Eskrima NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, LIF, Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    If there's a reality-based IQ test, you just failed it.

WOW.... Can anyone really compare Robert Bork or Clarence Thomas' credentials to Kagans? Someone didn't do their homework.
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" Gen. George Patton

Why?
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

It will be interesting to see the effect on upcoming court decisions of the sort that have been 5:4 "wins" in recent years. It's entirely possible we'll be exploring the flipside of that trend, if she turns out to be half the blind anti-gunner that some fear. (Yes, I realize she's a replacement, not a sure shift in the balance.)
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links