Can this really be happening?

This is a discussion on Can this really be happening? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; OK, not wanting to slam NJ re its residents, I know some folks are from there but hey - I do ask myself - is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can this really be happening?

Assistant Administrator

Can this really be happening?

OK, not wanting to slam NJ re its residents, I know some folks are from there but hey - I do ask myself - is that state really and truly part of CONUS??

This is ridiculous - I know we have had it brought up before somewhere but this reminded me. So - what about folks who reload? Will they need a card to buy consumables?

What a travesty against the 2A this all is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ammunition Sales Ban Legislation Heading to New Jersey Senate!

Assembly Bill 2602 will ban possession and purchase of any and all ammunition by anyone who does not possess a valid firearms purchaser identification card (NJFID), a certified copy of a permit to purchase a handgun, a valid permit to carry a handgun, or a valid New Jersey hunting license.

Read More:

http://www.nraila.org/CurrentLegisla...d.aspx?ID=2288
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    NJ may as well adopt the Nazi swastika for the state flag.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    Nobody's bashing the residents, just the leaders and those who think they are doing right. Oppression at its worst. Complete reliance on the government for help. Appalling.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Nancy and I specifically and intentionally drove around NJ last month!

Lead Moderator
    It's sad that there is a State that makes Maryland look good.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    NJ may as well adopt the Nazi swastika for the state flag.
    They can't. Commiefornia owns the patent rights.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Now I understand why Tony Soprano lives there......it's much easier to rob and murder the unarmed!
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

New Member Array pissed-ol-pete's Avatar
    NJ is a good place to be from
    FAR AWAY FROM
    I once had an address in NJ.
    Returning from a year in europe, on my way to Texas, through Newark NJ, I had a bit of an incident. (This was in the early 90's loooong before 9/11) I had bought an air rifle in England, (where anything with over 12 ft/lb of muzle energy and a rifled bore must be licensed as a fire arm. And firearm licensees have to keep acurate records of ammo purchases, as the license specifies max quantity you can purchase at any one time, and total quantity you may have on hand. Like NJ wants to enact.) I was declaring it for duty payment, Some Newark cop got himself all worked up, that I was bringing a "Fire arm" to NJ when I explained
    a) I was bringing an Air rifle,
    b) Through NJ not to NJ,
    he started to get indignent. A NJ state trooper came to HIS rescue. I explained that I had asked ATF via the US embasy weather I was going to need permits etc. to bring this thing in , and was told NO PAPER WAS REQUIRED. The State cop started in on me as well. The day was saved, because as a person with a NJ address, and an NJ fire arms card, all became well. I still bite my tonge when I think of what I wanted to say. Hey IT'S STILL NOT a Fire Arm....

For these reasons NJ legislation does not surprise me, and makes me realize they have been ignoring the 2nd for a realy long time. If the folks in NJ dont like it FIRE the politicians who impose these rules on you and elect those who will represent your point of view, or do what I did, Move away
    I still don't know that I don't know.
    p-o-p

I wonder how NJ will ever change. It seems that "all firearms and their owners are evil" is becoming part of the accepted knowledge. As long as the people see things this way and elect politicans who act accordingly, the state will only continue to restrict freedoms... and these anti-gun attitudes will continue to perpetuate and reinforce themselves.

I was born and raised in NJ and left when I was 59 and moved to TN where I love it. The residents of NJ don't know how the NJ goverment is taking away there rights one at a time. I am currently typing this at my daughters computer in NJ but this is my last day of our visit. I will be leaving first thing tomorrow morning. I feel naked without my sidearm.
    Bob
    Its always a great day, if you don't believe me try missing one.
    NRA, TFA, IDPA, 3 Gun

tnroadrunner I know that you will be happy to get back home where the 2A is a reality.

I left NJ 7 months ago to join the free world. I just received my ccw about three days ago.....no regrets, notta one

Chris,

It appears to be true. It's not such a problem for residents of NJ that have bought a firearm in the state because in order to do so you need a firearms ID card (NJFID). I believe this card is purchased once and good for life, Jim can back me up on this. So your average NJ subject, err citizen isn't affected.

Who it really screws is people who own guns and move into NJ and don't have a NJFID. Because it is now illegal for these people to own or purchase ammo. Also something bass ackwards in the state is you need a NJFID in order to hold a gun if you are looking to purchase. So your regular joe or anyone from out of state can't hold a gun in a store if they are looking.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Assistant Administrator
    500 - well even if a res' with NJFID card has few probs - it is the whole principle of the thing that saddens and irks me - reminds me of the FOID card in IL.

These things are IMO blatent constitutional travesties - and they seem to go on happening - chip-chip-chip ..... eroding rights. When things get bad, it is not unreasonable to wonder whether our one paltry vote has any great value at all - plus poor or desultory responses to letters written to critters.

Sometimes it seems analagous to helplessly watch a proud ship slowly sink.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Member Array firefighter4884's Avatar
    Chris,

I shoot at Bob's Little Sport Shop in Glassboro NJ, and have it on good authority that members in the area are working on bringing suite against the state to proibit the legislation from going through.

John - you're correct, the FID is good for life, unless you move, then you need to apply for a new one.

--Jim
    Firefighter / EMT - Always Ready. Ever Willing.

~Never do anything that you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics...~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links