WVCDL Protests Proposed Gun Registration

This is a discussion on WVCDL Protests Proposed Gun Registration within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Liberal mindset keeps trying to remove our right to bear arms. At least we have a group willing to stand up and protest. It ...

Thread: WVCDL Protests Proposed Gun Registration

WVCDL Protests Proposed Gun Registration

The Liberal mindset keeps trying to remove our right to bear arms. At least we have a group willing to stand up and protest. It may or may not do any good, but it did get some media attention.

Group criticizes Charleston’s gun control plan
    August 20, 2010 @ 09:12 AM

The Associated Press

Herald-Dispatch.com

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — A new gun control program in West Virginia’s capital is drawing criticism from a group that says it could be the first step toward a firearms ban.

Police Chief Brent Webster announced the Project Gun Safe program earlier this week. It includes voluntary registration of firearms with the city and a buyback program for unwanted guns.

The voluntary registration concerns members of the West Virginia Citizens Defense League, a gun rights lobbying group.

League President Keith Morgan of Charleston says gun registration is a necessary prerequisite to gun confiscation.

Webster says that’s not going to happen. He says the records would help police recover lost or stolen guns
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member

Question WV???

What the....

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

He said the records would help recover stolen guns YEA RIGHT
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

GM
    “Voluntary registration” and “the records would help police recover lost or stolen guns” … yeah right, and I believe in Santa Claus

Unfortunately, nowadays it does not matter that the majority of the citizens dislike something if those few persons that have decision-making power like it.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I want to hear exactly how he thinks that registration would help with lost or stolen guns. That makes absolutely no sense to me. If a gun isn't registered and I report it stolen then I will give them the serial number and the model etc... basically all the info that would be in a registration. So if you report all that info when the gun is stolen how does it help to already have it on file? The guy that stole it isn't going to go try to register it, except thats probably how they think registration will help.
    Absolutely ridiculous, I really do not understand what people are thinking when they propose laws like these. Apparently they haven't heard that canada's registration has done absolutely nothing except cost them a ton of money to maintain. They just keep trying to make it look like they are doing something to pacify the public, if they spent the amount of time and effort that they spend thinking up these laws on enforcing the laws that we have, crime rates would probably be lower. OMO

So....how is this project working for stolen cars?....oh wait, people report stolen cars.

Heck...I'd start my own gun buy-back program for unwanted guns....

This Police Chief must not be from WV....or is from there, got brainwashed from a larger department where citizens with guns = evil (like Chicago, D.C, L.A., Denver, Boston, etc.), and returned to country life.

What a moron.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

help recover stolen guns ..... ?

If they are stolen, we'll let you know about it Chief, and if you do your job.... and find them.... then you can return them to us. How about that for a deal ?

Until then.... uh... hummm..... forget it.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Unfortunately, nowadays it does not matter that the majority of the citizens dislike something if those few persons that have decision-making power like it.

Why would it matter since everyone thinks we are a Democracy.

Democracy is a toxic poison and this is one of the results of people being taught America is a democratic nation.

WE ARE NOT by design and it is the bane of our existence on earth.

Need I remind us that we are "suppose" to be a republic?
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Links