Multiple lawsuits-LEOS confiscate legal guns-Philly-ACLU weighs in +

This is a discussion on Multiple lawsuits-LEOS confiscate legal guns-Philly-ACLU weighs in + within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I hope the city of Philadelphia gets their a$$es handed to them via a BIG lawsuit. There is no excuse for how the Philly police ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple lawsuits-LEOS confiscate legal guns-Philly-ACLU weighs in +

I hope the city of Philadelphia gets their a$$es handed to them via a BIG lawsuit. There is no excuse for how the Philly police run amok like that.

2. Remove Ads

You are Right

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I read the article twice and didn't see where the victim's race was given. Maybe I missed something. I sure couldn't tell from the names or the general locations with a couple of exceptions for NE Phila. Are you guys sure race is an issue here?
    You are absolutely right. I too do not recall any mention of race in the article. I will have to re read it. I based my question on I looking at the Philadelphia Daily News picture in their Guns of Contention: If Philly says no, Florida can say yes article
    Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphia Daily News
    and reading the caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Philadelphia Daily News
    From left, Kenneth Sharper, John Solomon, Richard Oliver and Jameel Gaines. (Sarah J. Glover/Staff)
    Kenneth Sharper, John Solomon, Richard Oliver and Jameel Gaines were each mentioned in the article as having had their guns illegally confiscated.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

gregk
    simple solution: revoke 2nd amendment except for current armed forces and law enforcement.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/dailynews/top_...#ixzz0yNMPk7Gu
    Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else
    wow...
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    You are absolutely right. I too do not recall any mention of race in the article. I will have to re read it. I based my question on I looking at the Philadelphia Daily News picture in their Guns of Contention: If Philly says no, Florida can say yes article

and reading the caption

Kenneth Sharper, John Solomon, Richard Oliver and Jameel Gaines were each mentioned in the article as having had their guns illegally confiscated.
    That does clear that up, not that it matters. The Phila. police have no more right to make up their own law as you or I.

Have to wonder why the DA doesn't follow through on abuse of power/authority charges. The DA can't and must not tolerate that sort of thing. The mayor might not care, the police chief might cheer, but the DA needs real cases deserving of prosecution to be brought to him so he doesn't waste his resources on nonsense.

some of the comments below the story make me sick, not only as a gun owner and American but also as a black man.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I read the article twice and didn't see where the victim's race was given. Maybe I missed something. I sure couldn't tell from the names or the general locations with a couple of exceptions for NE Phila. Are you guys sure race is an issue here?

I think the ACLUs role isn't about the 2A aspect, or the race aspect, but the simple fact that folks were arrested, held for hours, deprived of their property, merely because some officers decided they didn't like the way the law worked, so they'd do their own thing. It is also about the fact that the city entered into settlement agreements and never honored them.
    Sorry, I guess I should have said that from the photo with the article it appears they are all black men. In any case, whether white, black or green, these men were victims of police officers that overstepped their bounds and should be fired if not prosecuted.

Although they did only show 4 of the 9 men...we cannot assume the race of the rest.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

GM
    This is so sick!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    Although they did only show 4 of the 9 men...we cannot assume the race of the rest.
    You're right, I just assumed the rest of the victims of this injustice were black as well. As I said it doesn't matter if they were white, black or green, its still BS and needs to stop now!

Only one of the 9 men seems to have actually been doing anything wrong - for him I feel no compassion, the other 8 deserve better from the city of Philadelphia.

-- Ron Frierson, 57, of Wynnefield: In 2009, Frierson, who was carrying a concealed weapon using a Florida permit, was pulled over for driving under the influence in West Philadelphia. He later was charged and opted into a first-time-offenders program for possession of marijuana and DUI, according to court records. He was not charged with a gun crime.

Frierson said that he was not able to get his weapon back or get a property receipt. He said that he signed off on a $5,000 settlement from the city, but has not received the money.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by gigamortis View Post
    I hope the city of Philadelphia gets their a$$es handed to them via a BIG lawsuit. There is no excuse for how the Philly police run amok like that.
    They must have received their training from the DC police Dept.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links