Minor Victory in CA

This is a discussion on Minor Victory in CA within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Got this from email from one of my reps, nice to know that someone is keeping us in mind. Dear Friends: As you may know, ...

Thread: Minor Victory in CA

Minor Victory in CA

Got this from email from one of my reps, nice to know that someone is keeping us in mind.

Dear Friends:

As you may know, the 2009-2010 legislative session ended on August 31st, at midnight. As a fellow supporter of our Second Amendment right to bear arms, I wanted to be sure and keep you updated on a few important bills that we were all watching this session.

FAILED: AB 1810, which would require California residents to register their shotguns and rifles in addition to their handguns, and would require law enforcement to permanently keep records of anyone who buys a gun from a dealer or an individual.

Though this bill passed out of the Assembly, the Senate failed to gain enough votes of support before the 12:00am deadline.

More Information: http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolalert...n-and-rif.html

FAILED: AB 1934, which would make it an offense to carry firearms openly in holsters.

This bill went through many revisions. Though it initially passed out of the Assembly and then the Senate with amendments, the Assembly failed to approve these amendments before the 12:00am deadline.

More Information: http://www.sacbee.com/2010/09/01/299...-acrimony.html

FAILED: AB 2223, which would prohibit the possession or use of any shotgun shell loaded with anything other than nontoxic shot when hunting.

This bill passed through the Assembly but failed to get through the Senate Natural Resources and Water Committee.

I want to extend my deepest gratitude to all of you who continue to fight for our 2nd amendment rights. It is because of your support and resolve that we were able to rally to defeat these harmful proposals. It is outrageous that these kinds of bills are even being considered. We need to focus our efforts on strengthening the economy and creating jobs, not punishing and regulating law abiding citizens.

Please continue to spread the word and educate others when our basic rights are challenged. Together, we can prevail. I will not give up the fight to protect our basic rights and I hope you will also continue this cause. Thank you for your support.

It is an honor to serve you.

Sincerely,

Assemblyman Curt Hagman
    District 60
    MA2, USN

When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state". Love your country, but never trust its government.
    -- Robert A. Heinlein.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    FAILED: AB 2223, which would prohibit the possession or use of any shotgun shell loaded with anything other than nontoxic shot when hunting

LMAO Seriously???????

Umm what are you suppose to hunt with? Harsh language and a bottle of rain water?

I guess they want you to swap the lead out for surgical steel that was sterilized first so it is "non toxic". I guess I wouldnt want my quarry to be lead poisoned right before he bled to death from traumatic wound channel created by the bullet.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

The way I see things, there could never be a "victory" (for the people) in California. My apologies if I've offended anyone here. Just the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    The way I see things, there could never be a "victory" (for the people) in California. My apologies if I've offended anyone here. Just the facts.
    Oh you are soooo wrong. Victory is at hand.

Lori Saldana, the San Diego assemblywoman who introduced a ban on the open carry of a firearm, is going to TERM OUT this year. PLUS, her bill (AB1962) went down in flames yesterday without a vote on the floor. So, she's OUTTA THERE without any gun control "legacy!"

So you see, that's the sweet smell of victory.

"Victory" for me will be the day I (non-resident) legally carry concealed in CA. Man can dream...
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    FAILED: AB 2223, which would prohibit the possession or use of any shotgun shell loaded with anything other than nontoxic shot when hunting

LMAO Seriously???????

Umm what are you suppose to hunt with? Harsh language and a bottle of rain water?

I guess they want you to swap the lead out for surgical steel that was sterilized first so it is "non toxic". I guess I wouldnt want my quarry to be lead poisoned right before he bled to death from traumatic wound channel created by the bullet.
    You might have uncovered their true motives. When I am hunting, I want whatever shot I have whether lead or steel or whatever to be "TOXIC" to whatever I'm shooting at. As in dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsclaw View Post
    You might have uncovered their true motives. When I am hunting, I want whatever shot I have whether lead or steel or whatever to be "TOXIC" to whatever I'm shooting at. As in dead.

I'm pretty sure they're worried about lead buildup seeping into the water table and poisoning the people/animals that depend on that water. The real question is, how much lead is getting into the water table? I dunno, I'm not a geologist. I'd support the idea of a study to find out though.
    MA2, USN

When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state". Love your country, but never trust its government.
    -- Robert A. Heinlein.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Sailor View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're worried about lead buildup seeping into the water table and poisoning the people/animals that depend on that water. The real question is, how much lead is getting into the water table? I dunno, I'm not a geologist. I'd support the idea of a study to find out though.
    I cant imagine there could be any more than already exist in nature.

Here is my Answer:

IT IS NATURAL. IF WE BAN LEAD. WE BAN NATURE. Oh my thats not very green!

Periodic Table of Elements
    Pb or Plumbum "AKA LEAD"
    The 82nd element on the Table of Elements

What next? Ban Di-hydrogen monoxide that has been tainted with Plumbum from nature? I mean its in the Di-hydrogen Monoxide we consume, some unknowingly in many products, daily!
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Sailor View Post
    They are also concerned about the California Condor.

LaserSailor, I got this one too! So glad that these did not pass!

RamRod, it's easy to poke fun of California, but the rest of the nation has a funny way of following California's lead on things. So these failed bills are your victory too!
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Quote Originally Posted by PastorPack View Post
    They are also concerned about the California Condor.

LaserSailor, I got this one too! So glad that these did not pass!

RamRod, it's easy to poke fun of California, but the rest of the nation has a funny way of following California's lead on things. So these failed bills are your victory too!
    +1!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PastorPack View Post
    Excellent point. The liberal poison tends to start in a European police state, like say, Great Britain. Then the libtards over here look at that and say, "Wow. Great idea. They really control them over there." So they introduce the stupid legislation in California. Sadly, it usually spreads east and affects the rest of us.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Links