Tennessee permit holders can carry in restaurants again!

Tennessee permit holders can carry in restaurants again!

This is a discussion on Tennessee permit holders can carry in restaurants again! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Check out the story from the TV station I used to work at down there. Not real well done but worth watch hing and leaving ...

Thread: Tennessee permit holders can carry in restaurants again!

Thumbs up Tennessee permit holders can carry in restaurants again!

Check out the story from the TV station I used to work at down there. Not real well done but worth watch hing and leaving a little feed back to let them know what you think about their reporting and the law.

Check it out:
    http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news...legal-in-tenn.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

GM
    The link does not work. Actually it is not a link: "http://Tennessee permit holders can carry in restaurants again!"
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

GM
    It works now. Thanks!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    mike this is old new bro ;) This was a big victory for us down here. Especially for me, I work in a restaurant that was robbed at gunpoint in 09. That was one of the main reasons I got my HCP.

Mike, when you heading back to TN?

Congrats to the legislators...one less 'criminal safety zone'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Amazing y'all were ever disallowed.

Congrats on all of those who pushed their "representatives" to correct the errors in the prior statutes that fingered upstanding people as criminals simply because they chose to dine out.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

It's quite legal here to carry in a bar or restaurant that serves alcohol..... there has been NO issues at all with it and absolutely no incidents. It is "illegal" to carry if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol "anywhere".

The only "shootings" at bars have been by gang members, on other gang members, and those who had guns had them illegally, were carrying them illegally and used the illegally. Big surprise, huh.

The "sky is falling" baloney is just that, baloney. I can't believe we are seeing that mentality out of Tennessee. Wow, that's just amazing in itself.

The guys who wrote the article were obviously very biased and very "anti" with this whole thing. They're idiots.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    It's quite legal here to carry in a bar or restaurant that serves alcohol..... there has been NO issues at all with it and absolutely no incidents. It is "illegal" to carry if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol "anywhere".

The only "shootings" at bars have been by gang members, on other gang members, and those who had guns had them illegally, were carrying them illegally and used the illegally. Big surprise, huh.

The "sky is falling" baloney is just that, baloney. I can't believe we are seeing that mentality out of Tennessee. Wow, that's just amazing in itself.
    Here in PA can carry into a restaurant or a bar.....OC or CC...and actually drink. PA has no under the influence restrictions of carry.

Yes the carry in restaurants is now law. If posted you can't carry and added on to this was allowing the international symbol with the slash to become adequate as "No Carry" which is really a cheap shot. Prior to this the business had to post a "reasonable" facsimile in wording of the code. The more elaborate posting caused more people to notice and produced more negative comments offered up to the management. Now they can stick a little sign down in the bottom corner of a window where no one looks. However it carries the weight of law and if discovered inside the business, and the management calls it in, you could loose your permit.

WAY more important IMO is HB3141 & SB3009. If you have a permit these bills would allow you to keep your carry gun locked in your car on company property. There could be no retaliation as long as it stays in your car, out of sight and the car locked.
    I don't know what percentage of people go out to dinner every night (on an individual basis) but it can't possibly be anywhere near the percentage of people that go to work everyday! Yet this bill just rots away on summer study.
    Please call your state legislators and get these moving along.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Yep..... we had people who had to use the "approved AG sign" ... but how they put it up there was anywhere from weird, non-visible, etc. So, a new revision requires "only that sign" , at eye level, and within 12 inches of the door .... or it's invalid. No one has wanted to test that though.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Good news for us in TN!

Links