Dont argue but ... this is why we need 2a fully opened and select fire.

This is a discussion on Dont argue but ... this is why we need 2a fully opened and select fire. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I would choose 3 round burst before full auto. But I'll take them both ;)...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 62

Thread: Dont argue but ... this is why we need 2a fully opened and select fire.

  1. #46
    Member
    Array Coder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    446
    I would choose 3 round burst before full auto. But I'll take them both ;)
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #47
    Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ky.
    Posts
    1,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    That is an eye opener for fact. I know what you mean actually. Been there.
    It's just the same as driving along side any "mouth breather" on the highway with a valid driver's license.
    Who's to say a step up in rights would be subject to further scrutiny? I still stand on the principles laid out in the 2nd amendment, and they are rather simple and clear. We go judging our fellow man, and we become those whom would make laws against the constitution. Arms are arms. According to the 2nd amendment....arms are arms and there's no differentiation as to what type of arms. You go messing with our nation's foundations and defining criteria of whom has the right and whom does not, and that leads back into tyranny and subjugation. Where do we actually want to be at this point in time?
    You state "arms are arms".Realisticly don't you believe that there has to be some kind of limit to that? This to me would seem to open up Pandora's box, such as grenades,shoulder fired missiles, etc.

  4. #48
    Ex Member Array Treo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    You state "arms are arms".Realisticly don't you believe that there has to be some kind of limit to that? This to me would seem to open up Pandora's box, such as grenades,shoulder fired missiles, etc.

    Arms have generally been accepted to mean point effect man portable weapons. I have no problem w/ a citizen being able to legally own a shoulder fired missle or a hand grenade. As I said earlier anything an 11B can have, I want

  5. #49
    Ex Member Array Ram Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    13,687
    Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    You state "arms are arms".Realistically don't you believe that there has to be some kind of limit to that? This to me would seem to open up Pandora's box, such as grenades,shoulder fired missiles, etc.
    If I truly thought that there should be a "limit" then I wouldn't be here with you.....I'd have me a nice government job and enjoy keeping you under the gun instead of behind it. I fixed some of your spelling errors by the way. The 2nd amendment never said anything about destructive devices or hand grenades. Like I said...arms are arms. If you wish to make speculation out of what the term 'arms' mean, then you're on your own far as I'm concerned. Thinking about the 2nd amendment and being realistic has nothing to do with limits nor what you should think should be limited. Those who would entertain the thoughts of limiting the second amendment are those whom are weak at heart. Chip away at your own foundation and you'll be floating on the river. In the dry season, you'll be cruising across the rocks.

  6. #50
    Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ky.
    Posts
    1,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    If I truly thought that there should be a "limit" then I wouldn't be here with you.....I'd have me a nice government job and enjoy keeping you under the gun instead of behind it. I fixed some of your spelling errors by the way. The 2nd amendment never said anything about destructive devices or hand grenades. Like I said...arms are arms. If you wish to make speculation out of what the term 'arms' mean, then you're on your own far as I'm concerned. Thinking about the 2nd amendment and being realistic has nothing to do with limits nor what you should think should be limited. Those who would entertain the thoughts of limiting the second amendment are those whom are weak at heart. Chip away at your own foundation and you'll be floating on the river. In the dry season, you'll be cruising across the rocks.
    First of all thanks for the spelling corrections, I don't have as much practice as some who type a essay for every one of their posts.

    Secondly, I was not taking a position on the subject at hand,I simply was asking a question. I should expect a over the top response from some.

  7. #51
    VIP Member Array mcp1810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,949
    How is it that we are on page three of a full auto related thread and no one has mentioned ZOMBIES yet?
    I thought for sure we would be at the "Night of the Living Dead" slow moving zombies vs the fast moving "rage virus" type zombies by now.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

  8. #52
    Senior Member Array AlexHassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    the North East
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    How is it that we are on page three of a full auto related thread and no one has mentioned ZOMBIES yet?
    I thought for sure we would be at the "Night of the Living Dead" slow moving zombies vs the fast moving "rage virus" type zombies by now.
    well now that you mention it i think one of those AA 12 would be beater for zombies

  9. #53
    VIP Member Array varob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,449
    I would just like the opportunity to buy an MP5 and not spend $25,000.00!
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

  10. #54
    Senior Member Array deafdave3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Cajun Country, Louisiana
    Posts
    760
    Quote Originally Posted by LSCurrier View Post
    I don't see where the 2nd Amendment states what type of weapon is allowed or disallowed.

    Too many people, such as yourself DeafDave3, are willing to give a little here and give a little there and sooner or later we have no rights left. Perhaps it would be more reasonable for you to not want a select fire weapon for yourself and not have one, but have other law-abiding people able to exercise their rights and choose to have one.

    Why must supposed 2nd Amendment supporters allow the anti's to take inch by inch and end in us having no rights? I don't understand it.

    Besides, Select Fire weapons are legal in many states for law-abiding people:

    http://opencarry.org/machinegun.html





    Luke
    Luke, its amazing how people like you pick and choose words to argue a point. However, your argument is flawed because I already mentioned in other posts that contradict your argument. I have said before and I'll say it again: I will never vote against full auto. I will never vote against anything that preserves our second amendment rights. I have said in several post earlier that I see no reason to financially justify owning a full auto weapon. That does not mean I'm giving up on the second amendment. All that means is that my philosophy about this is financial and financial only. Yeah, of course the military and LE have reason to own full autos. So, they must shell out the big bucks for it. Me? Personally... I just don't see it being financially justified as others here have said. READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU MAKE AN ARGUMENT! Had you done that, you would have seen that I said I would proudly own a full auto .22 because the ammo is very cheap.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

  11. #55
    Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Near Hotlanta!!
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    I would just like the opportunity to buy an MP5 and not spend $25,000.00!
    How can this man in the quote possibly be so nuts that people have to PRE-JUDGE him so that he is dangerous to society and therefore shouldnt have a FA weapon.

    Varob im in the same boat. I just want to have one and the ability to breath knowing I paid a normal price for it.

    There is no reason a piece of metal that cost 30 cents to make in the fire control group should make a 1200 dollar gun be 25K.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

  12. #56
    Senior Member Array Luis50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    508
    The day we are all willing to push our limits on freedom to own and use an M72a2 LAW (if it's still being made) or an M203 Granade Launcher or as Treo said earlier any "point effect man portable weapons" is the day we are a completely free country. Or, we have all lost our collective minds.

    I hope i'm still around to see if anyone of these will ever happen.
    Luis

    "Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

    Mike Tyson

  13. #57
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    You state "arms are arms".Realisticly don't you believe that there has to be some kind of limit to that? This to me would seem to open up Pandora's box, such as grenades,shoulder fired missiles, etc.
    The founders anticipated this problem. This is why they put in a provision where later generations could apply limits or needed changes to the Constitution. Its called the amendment process.

    Michael

  14. #58
    Senior Moderator
    Array HotGuns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    14,842
    Another fact is that many people have been brainwashed into thinking that no average Joe should own one.
    I'll challenge that and say that what you state here is not "a fact." I'll say that you just made that up, and typed it. Because anyone who talks about people "being brainwashed" and such is usually wrong, or engaging in hyperbole.
    Negative. It is a fact that some people do not think that the average Joe should own one.
    Another fact...they have been duped into beleiving it for whatever reason.
    As for brainwashing... proof is in the current administrationand the fact that they are there. Since that is reality, it cant be wrong.
    You are the one engaging in hyperbole here.

    Yeah I typed it. So what? Its's only hyperbole if you happen not to agree with it. The fact remains, some people are scared by the common Joe owning such guns. All of a sudden it makes them so dangerous and capable of mass destruction. Never mind that they have to get the CLEO to sign off on it, get fingerprinted, submit photographs and pay a 200 fee to do it.

    It's been said before and I'll say it again.

    You either trust me or you dont. If you can trust me to conceal and carry with some archaic, rattle trap ,antique,semiauto .45 that dates from WW1, then you ought to be able to trust me with a SAW or an M-60.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.


    AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

  15. #59
    Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    993
    "For civilians, semi-auto is like sex with your wife. Full auto is like sex at the Playboy mansion. They serve different purposes." -RoverDave
    President & Founder : UZI Shooters of America

    Pretty much says it all.......OMOYMMV
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

    -- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

  16. #60
    VIP Member Array varob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,449
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Negative. It is a fact that some people do not think that the average Joe should own one.
    Another fact...they have been duped into beleiving it for whatever reason.
    As for brainwashing... proof is in the current administrationand the fact that they are there. Since that is reality, it cant be wrong.
    You are the one engaging in hyperbole here.

    Yeah I typed it. So what? Its's only hyperbole if you happen not to agree with it. The fact remains, some people are scared by the common Joe owning such guns. All of a sudden it makes them so dangerous and capable of mass destruction. Never mind that they have to get the CLEO to sign off on it, get fingerprinted, submit photographs and pay a 200 fee to do it.

    It's been said before and I'll say it again.

    You either trust me or you dont. If you can trust me to conceal and carry with some archaic, rattle trap ,antique,semiauto .45 that dates from WW1, then you ought to be able to trust me with a SAW or an M-60.
    If this very same Joe already has a Concealed Permit, he probably already meets the NFA standards to own a FA weapon. What keeps the average Joe from owning FA guns is $$$ lots and lots or $$$.

    The way things are set up, only the Government, People who can drop big $$$ on toys, and the BG's and drug dealer are able to get there hands on FA weapons now.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Dont argue but ... this is why we need 2a fully opened and select fire.
    By tangoseal in forum Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: September 6th, 2010, 01:26 PM
  2. No select fire is a violation of our rights... why cant we get them back?
    By tangoseal in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: June 17th, 2010, 11:45 PM
  3. Help me select a EDC
    By TankerTruck in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: March 25th, 2010, 04:04 PM
  4. OK... How does one select a holster...?
    By PointnClick in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: December 15th, 2008, 05:40 PM
  5. Help me find/select some ammunition
    By Euclidean in forum Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: August 17th, 2005, 07:14 PM

Search tags for this page

aa12 civilian
,
are select fire rifles only for le/gov?
,
rate of fire le/gov
,

rate of fire: semi-auto or select fire (le/gov only)

,
rate of fire: semi-auto or select fire (le/gov only) 600rpm ( /-100rpm)
Click on a term to search for related topics.