Anti-gun Salt Lake Tribune editorial demands Utah state drop "non-resident" UT permit

This is a discussion on Anti-gun Salt Lake Tribune editorial demands Utah state drop "non-resident" UT permit within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Typical anti-gun morons. Non-resident Utah permit is about traveling safe in other "CCW-friendly" states. The latest figures are in, ladies and gentlemen, and Utah continues ...

Thread: Anti-gun Salt Lake Tribune editorial demands Utah state drop "non-resident" UT permit

Anti-gun Salt Lake Tribune editorial demands Utah state drop "non-resident" UT permit

Typical anti-gun morons. Non-resident Utah permit is about traveling safe in other "CCW-friendly" states.

The latest figures are in, ladies and gentlemen, and Utah continues to be the go-to place in the United States for permits to carry concealed handguns. It is understandable why gun enthusiasts in the Legislature would want to provide this permit for Utahns, but it remains baffling why the Beehive State would voluntarily shoulder this regulatory burden for people in 32 other states who have never set foot in this place and probably never will.

We continue to believe that Utah should license this privilege only for Utahns. Let other states do it for their own people. [...]

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion...ermit.html.csp

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Well, they've already cut off my Countrymen.

They won't even renew existing ones.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Luckily, most people, outside of Salt Lake City, don't care what the Tribune says.

Utah is a gun friendly state, and it's non-resident permits are a source of revenue. They would be foolish to quit offering them.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Well, considering I've never heard of anyone involved in an incident, seen anything reported, etc... that hold a Utah non-resident license... they must be doing pretty good at it.

Helps keep their taxes down too.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

GM
    That is not good.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Sounds like Tribune would like the state to shoot itself in the preverbial foot.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Won't happen. The Trib does not represent the mainstream in Utah. I'd be more worried about Utah going to Constitutional Carry and having that affect permits somehow.
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

Links