Bloomberg as Treasury Sec??

This is a discussion on Bloomberg as Treasury Sec?? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am not sure how this is 2a related but since he is probably the most antigunner on planet earth I cant imagine the damage ...

Thread: Bloomberg as Treasury Sec??

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

Bloomberg as Treasury Sec??

I am not sure how this is 2a related but since he is probably the most antigunner on planet earth I cant imagine the damage he might do with his powers as Sec of the Fed. I am sure the powers will result in something that will hurt 2a. Discussion welcome I guess. Lets relate this to 2a.

http://www.businessandmedia.org/arti...001143219.aspx
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Haven't clicked the link...but as SECTREAS..will own BATFE.....thus, be able to empower them to continue his anti-gun agenda unchecked. I mean, look at how the BATFE operates now...imagine Bloomberg as their boss!?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Haven't clicked the link...but as SECTREAS..will own BATFE.....thus, be able to empower them to continue his anti-gun agenda unchecked. I mean, look at how the BATFE operates now...imagine Bloomberg as their boss!?
    Not to worry, Treasury is out of it.

Effective January 24, 2003, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) was transferred under the Homeland Security bill to the Department of Justice. The law enforcement functions of ATF under the Department of the Treasury were transferred to the Department of Justice. The tax and trade functions of ATF will remain in the Treasury Department with the new Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau.

In addition, the agency’s name was changed to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to reflect its new mission in the Department of Justice.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Oooops....I guess I missed that.....thanks for the clarification!
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Bloomberg can get away with that stuff in NYC, tho I doubt he would be able to pull it off on a nation wide bases.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

The golden rule "Those with the gold make the rules" and Bloomberg has the Gold.

I always thought Bloomberg should have been the controller of the City not the Mayor. I respect that he is a self made Billionair but has no idea how to run the city.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    The golden rule "Those with the gold make the rules" and Bloomberg has the Gold.

I always thought Bloomberg should have been the controller of the City not the Mayor. I respect that he is a self made Billionair but has no idea how to run the city.
    He has been very successful in the stock market and with computers. That does not make him an economist. The Federal Reserve and Treasury Dept. are more about monetary policy than risk and reward. I don't know that he is qualified for the job.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Links