NYT Story re: carry where alcohol is sold

This is a discussion on NYT Story re: carry where alcohol is sold within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "one of the first in the nation" 43 States allow it. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/04/us...er=rss&emc=rss More States Allowing Guns in Bars and Restaurants By MALCOLM GAY Published: October ...

Thread: NYT Story re: carry where alcohol is sold

VIP Member

NYT Story re: carry where alcohol is sold

"one of the first in the nation"

43 States allow it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/04/us...er=rss&emc=rss

More States Allowing Guns in Bars and Restaurants
    By MALCOLM GAY

Published: October 3, 2010

NASHVILLE — Happy-hour beers were going for $5 at Past Perfect, a cavernous bar just off this city’s strip of honky-tonk restaurants and tourist shops when Adam Nirenberg walked in with a loaded 9-millimeter pistol concealed in the front pocket of his gray slacks.
    SNIP
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

So now it goes from "Beer Muscles" to "Beer Bullets"....
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

I would not drink while carrying a weapon, personal choice.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

“A loaded concealed weapon in a bar is a recognized hazard,” said David Randolph Smith, a lawyer..."

That lawyer better not come to FL, most restaurants have CCW permit holders all over the place. They cannot go into the bar area, but having a beer with dinner is not a problem, and I've done that a few times.
    No one has heard of any shoot 'em up's in FL, I guess that hazard part hasn't hit us down here yet.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

While I may go in a bar with friends, usually in the afternoon or early evening, I don't drink (anywhere), so its academic to me.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    In my state, GA, it is illegal to consume alc while carrying a firearm. However, it is legal, when my wife is consuming, and I am NOT, you bet your BUTT I wear my gun. Just because Im in a bar, whether consuming or not, it doesnt make criminals think "Oh I wont kill that guy for the 13 dollars in his wallet, he's sitting in the bar".
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Those poor, scared NT Times reporters had best not take the Amtrak up to the Wild and Wooly West of Connecticut... where there is absolutely no prohibition about carrying concealed in places that serve alcohol. Less than 25 miles from the editorial offices of the NYT... they really didn't have to go all that far to get their story.

Concealed carry in bars is a non-issue in CT. The concealed carriers have proven to be just as responsible in liquor-serving establishments as they are elsewhere. The muckrakers will cull out a few high-profile cases to raise an emotional issue to attempt to "prove" a thin point, but statistics are not on their side.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

It's laughable that the Times' article listed NJ as being permissive with respect to CCing in bars.
    The reason NJ law doesn't address the matter is because basically NO ONE is allowed to carry in the first place.
    What a joke.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Links