900 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Brass63 
#1 ·
"one of the first in the nation" :rant:

43 States allow it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/04/us/04guns.html?_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss

More States Allowing Guns in Bars and Restaurants
By MALCOLM GAY

Published: October 3, 2010

NASHVILLE — Happy-hour beers were going for $5 at Past Perfect, a cavernous bar just off this city’s strip of honky-tonk restaurants and tourist shops when Adam Nirenberg walked in with a loaded 9-millimeter pistol concealed in the front pocket of his gray slacks.
SNIP

#2 ·
So now it goes from "Beer Muscles" to "Beer Bullets"....

#3 ·
I would not drink while carrying a weapon, personal choice.

#4 ·
“A loaded concealed weapon in a bar is a recognized hazard,” said David Randolph Smith, a lawyer..." :999::shot:

That lawyer better not come to FL, most restaurants have CCW permit holders all over the place. They cannot go into the bar area, but having a beer with dinner is not a problem, and I've done that a few times.
No one has heard of any shoot 'em up's in FL, I guess that hazard part hasn't hit us down here yet.:hand1:

#6 ·
In my state, GA, it is illegal to consume alc while carrying a firearm. However, it is legal, when my wife is consuming, and I am NOT, you bet your BUTT I wear my gun. Just because Im in a bar, whether consuming or not, it doesnt make criminals think "Oh I wont kill that guy for the 13 dollars in his wallet, he's sitting in the bar".

#7 ·
Those poor, scared NT Times reporters had best not take the Amtrak up to the Wild and Wooly West of Connecticut... where there is absolutely no prohibition about carrying concealed in places that serve alcohol. Less than 25 miles from the editorial offices of the NYT... they really didn't have to go all that far to get their story.

Concealed carry in bars is a non-issue in CT. The concealed carriers have proven to be just as responsible in liquor-serving establishments as they are elsewhere. The muckrakers will cull out a few high-profile cases to raise an emotional issue to attempt to "prove" a thin point, but statistics are not on their side.

#8 ·
It's laughable that the Times' article listed NJ as being permissive with respect to CCing in bars.
The reason NJ law doesn't address the matter is because basically NO ONE is allowed to carry in the first place.
What a joke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.