Defensive Carry banner

Legal updates....

709 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  DPro.40 
#1 ·
From the Michigan State Police web site a PDF file that could be handy to have a copy of....

MCL 750.234d provides that it is a 90 day misdemeanor to possess a firearm on the premises of any of the following:

A depository financial institution (e.g., bank or credit union)

A church or other place of religious worship

A court

A theater

A sports arena

A day care center

A hospital

An establishment licensed under the Liquor Control Code

The above section does not apply to any of the following:

The owner or a person hired as security (if the firearm is possessed for the purpose of providing security)

A peace officer

A person with a valid concealed pistol license (CPL) issued by any state

A person who possesses on one of the above listed premises with the permission of the owner or owner’s agent
Officers must be aware of the above exemption for valid CPL holders as many of the citizens who openly carry firearms possess valid CPLs. An individual with a valid CPL may carry a non-concealed firearm in the above listed premises.
A CPL holder is not required by law to carry a pistol concealed. A CPL holder may carry a pistol concealed or non-concealed.

#2 ·
Theaters, churches and banks? Wow, that's awfully restrictive....

#3 ·
That is rather restrictive but in Missouri most of those places have it posted no carry anyway. The update to the Michigan law allows permit holders to carry anyway with the confines of the law. I'd say thats a pretty flexable modification. Every time I want to go into a bank I have to disarm. I wish Missouri would do the same.

The above section does not apply to any of the following:

The owner or a person hired as security (if the firearm is possessed for the purpose of providing security)

A peace officer

A person with a valid concealed pistol license (CPL) issued by any state

A person who possesses on one of the above listed premises with the permission of the owner or owner’s agent
Officers must be aware of the above exemption for valid CPL holders as many of the citizens who openly carry firearms possess valid CPLs. An individual with a valid CPL may carry a non-concealed firearm in the above listed premises.
A CPL holder is not required by law to carry a pistol concealed. A CPL holder may carry a pistol concealed or non-concealed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.