2010 elections and the 2A. Did we make progress?

This is a discussion on 2010 elections and the 2A. Did we make progress? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It seems like pro-gun did pretty good this time around. Here in Utah we did good (surprise ). Brown in CA is pro-gun. Reid in ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

It seems like pro-gun did pretty good this time around. Here in Utah we did good (surprise ). Brown in CA is pro-gun. Reid in NV is pro-gun.

Not interested in GOP vs. Dem vs. TP vs. Lib. Just curious if in your state (assuming you are US) we moved forward or backward.
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

VIP Member
    It's kind of hard to get MORE gun friendly in Utah, but I think we did well. It's all those other states we need to worry about.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    I think it will be a move forward for North Carolina, first time the Republicians have controlled the State House in over 100 years. Now we may have a chance to pass Castle Doctrine and restuarant carry hopefully with a veto proof majority.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Those would be good changes for your state, I hope it works out. A win for gun laws in ANY state is a win in ALL states!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Rick Perry won again in Texas and I don't think you can find a Governor that is more pro gun than he is. As far the legislature goes I believe we will have a new house speaker and a good chance for carry in higher educaiton facilities and possibly even open carry this session.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    OC in Texas!? If that happens, Texas will actually be closer to the gun friendly state everyone seems to think it is.

In all seriousness, those would be great changes.
    Thomas Jefferson

Kentucky, oh I love my state! We have Rand Paul and Mitch Mconnell who will be the next senate majority leader if we take the senate next election. We love our guns, pretty horses and fast woman, er, ah, that is fast horses and pretty woman, depending on the circumstances.

It was kicked around last session but the concensus was that the general population probably wasn't ready for it yet. I don't know if it will pass this session but I would bet it will make it to the floor for a vote.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Massive improvement in PA:

Governor: Corbett is actively pro-gun; he succeeds Rendell, who was a hardened anti.

Senator: The Toomey-Sestak contrast couldn't have been clearer.

Quote Originally Posted by Coder View Post
    It seems like pro-gun did pretty good this time around. Here in Utah we did good (surprise ). Brown in CA is pro-gun. Reid in NV is pro-gun.

Not interested in GOP vs. Dem vs. TP vs. Lib. Just curious if in your state (assuming you are US) we moved forward or backward.
    Harry Reid is absolutely not pro gun. He'll lie through his teeth about supporting the 2nd amendment, but when he gets a chance to vote he almost always votes with the Brady Bunch. Being from NV, I'm personally very disappointed he got reelected. Other than him though, it looks like most of the pro-2A candidates won.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coder View Post

There must be more than one "Brown" in California politics, because the Jerry Brown running for Governor received a D rating from the NRA.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    There must be more than one "Brown" in California politics, because the Jerry Brown running for Governor received a D rating from the NRA.
    I found this:
    Brown has angered gun control proponents, especially when he urged the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn Chicago's handgun ban.

"I have respect for the Second Amendment," said Brown, who owns three guns and targets shoots occasionally on his ranch east of Chico, Calif. "Gun ownership is a fundamental right."
    I wonder why the NRA doesn't like him. Voting record I'd guess...
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

In WI we will have a new Governor (Walker) that will support CC, but from how he said it it may only be to the extent of May-Issue permits; only time will really tell; it was interesting to find that his opponent had actually been in a SD situation but did not want to break with his supporters an favor CC in any way, citing that law enforcement would need to change it's attitude before he would support it. We got Johnson to the Senate, NRA endorsed him, but some of his campaign comments were also worry-some, he is a non gun owner and mentioned he supports registration of all firearms, and then his staff downplayed it. We elected a Rep. Congressman, but the NRA actually endorsed his Dem opponent, but he was in a neighboring district so I'm not sure just what the details were if it's 2A and CC related or if it's something more in line with hunting. We got to keep the AG that put out the memo that OC by itself does not constitute any legal violation, but would be cause for questioning.

I'd say more pieces of the puzzle are in place for CC to happen in WI now, but I don't think that we've made enough progress to say that it will definitely happen to the point where it will reflect the State and US Constitutions, cautious optimism.

Looking around the country last night it seems that the ballot measures regarding firearms that CNN listed showed hunting rights overwhelmingly passing and Kansas' right to Bear arms measure receiving overwhelming support as well

Glock Certified Armorer

Jerry Brown and guns ? Just a sample of his past bad acts: he was against Capital Punishment and appointed Judges that were also against Capital Punishment as governor (see Rose Bird) , three on California's highest court were RECALLED by the voters in disgust. In Oakland during the time he was Mayor: there was ONE (read "1") CCW permit issued and that was to his "housemate" /driver . I am serious the Oakland Police chief issued ONE CCW permit while Jerry was Mayor . In spite of the Brown attack on Oakland crime during his mayoral time the murder rate went up 24 % the last year he was Mayor to 148 homicides....He did everything possible to close every gun shop in the city and succeeded nicely. Jerry doesn't trust you with a gun and his record in office proves that: D.

Moonbeam Brown...God help California for their voters are owned and operated by the UNIONS.
    "Improvise, adapt, overcome."

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    kentucky, oh i love my state!.... We love our guns, pretty horses and fast woman, er, ah, that is fast horses and pretty woman, depending on the circumstances.

And bourbon, one of mankinds greatest developments

In Missouri we defeated Robin Carnahan for US Senate, spawn of a virulent anti-second amendment family dynasty. She led the opposition to Missouriís 1998 CCW referendum (with help from her daddy the governor who promised to stay neutral) and her brother Russ is reliably anti-gun but got reelected in St Louis (The Loo, to many of us out-staters).

Iím in the sand box and a bit removed to stay in touch with much more but little Robin's defeat is FANTASTIC!!!.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links