Ward Bird - Guilty of "Criminal Threatening" - 3 to 6 years in the pokey

This is a discussion on Ward Bird - Guilty of "Criminal Threatening" - 3 to 6 years in the pokey within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Don't know much about this, but thought it was interesting... http://freewardbird.org/ Link to the court case: http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.aspx...WAR3-2007-CURR It’s a long story, but in the short– ...

Thread: Ward Bird - Guilty of "Criminal Threatening" - 3 to 6 years in the pokey

Don't know much about this, but thought it was interesting...

http://freewardbird.org/

Link to the court case:
    http://www.leagle.com/xmlResult.aspx...WAR3-2007-CURR

It’s a long story, but in the short– a woman trespassed on Ward’s property and he asked her several times to leave, but she refused. She claimed that Ward came out of his house with a gun, ran down his porch steps pointing it at her. At the time, Ward had only been home 9 days since emergency surgery for a ruptured abdominal aorta. Not only was he in no condition to do what she claims he did, he has always maintained that he never pointed or gestured towards her with the gun. Now he is doing 3 to 6 years in state prison because it was her word against his.
    http://www.wmur.com/news/25839677/detail.html
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

he said she said...very messy
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Birds' niece called and told him that the woman might get onto his property. Ward Bird is a total blithering idiot but he does not deserve 3-6 years in prison.

Typical mindset of the liberal northeast. If it has anything to do with a gun he/she is guilty send them to the pokey with maximum sentence.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Quote Originally Posted by IWLAFART View Post
    Typical mindset of the liberal northeast. If it has anything to do with a gun he/she is guilty send them to the pokey with maximum sentence.
    This is New Hampshire, not MA...NH, as in the state who's CCW application is 2 questions:

1 - Have you killed anyone lately?
    &
    2 - Did YOU think they deserved it?

Liberal North East mindset?

New Hampshire?

I think not...

New Hampshire is a blue state through and through and has been since 2006. Dems control the house with 56%. Dems are in the governor seat Dems. Dems infest Congress. Their version of some republicans are what I like to call "main street" republicans but to other restrictive liberal domains like MA and CT NH looks like the Conservative bastion of the world.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    IF the facts are as presented then he went over the line. Still the punishment seems a bit harsh. FWIW he had the opportunity to plead to a misdemeanor.

Nine days post op it seems to me he could have been physically capable of some type of activity, walking if not running.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Ward bird should not be incarcerated, plain and simple. This woman who entered his property has a violent history, has been jailed multiple time, and is a known "shitty" as we call em around here. Granted I dont live in a rural area where this happened but i have been around there and people have their property clearly marked. This woman has lied. I strongly think that a middle aged man who has handled weapons for a lifetime, was well liked by the Police Chief, the School board members (superintendent, principle) and other town and area political figures would have a handle on when the right time to pull is. The guy was a Boy Scout leader too! This guy is not in the wrong. this woman is LYING. I would put a years salary on it.

This is one of those things I hate about our court system. It still relies on "he said she said". People LIE. It's that simple. EVERYONE should be INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty. Proven != one person said they did it. PROVE to me with the sciences that he did it, and I'll quietly go away. I don't care if you know he's a murdering, dope dealing SOB. Don't have the proof(ie video surveillance, electronic records, Evidence collected at the scene that all adds up) then CUT HIM LOOSE! Just someone saying someone pointed a gun at them is NOT sufficient proof to me that someone committed said crime.

Sorry, but I have lost almost all faith in my fellow man. I trust no one until they prove to me otherwise.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    HERE'S AN UPDATE

I only know what I've read in the media about this. My short opinion........he made her angry, she saw a gun embellished the encounter and called the police first

Had Mr Bird kept his weapon concealed it would have been a different story. She was apparently able to verbalize an adequate description of his weapon (which would not help Mr Birds case), and without any other witnesses to refute her story, he was apparently sunk.

I don't know anything about what Mr Bird actually did, or NH gun laws or the pulse there, but too bad that a man can't be somewhat cautious and pro-active about defending his home turf. From my point, a lone woman at the outside of my house, could very well be a set-up with her hidden male companion nearby waiting to flank me by surprise.

Here's the latest news, it looks like he got off with a couple of months sentencing, but can no longer own guns. This whole incidence is a testimony in being aware of how you might be perceived by the general public, if handled wrong, it could come back to bite you in the backside.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

http://freewardbird.org/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ward's daughter's comments
    A lot of people believe that he shouldn’t have had a gun on him in the first place but that’s something that no one fully understands other than his loved ones and the people closest to him. We live on Ossipee Mountain in Moultonborough NH. Our driveway is a mile and half in the woods, my father has/had all the required permits to carry a gun wherever he wanted, he was always practicing safe gun handling, emptying the magazine, clearing the chamber and turning on the safety before he entered any residential place. That is the only reason Ms. Harris saw my father’s gun that day in March of 2006. He was returning into our home to call the police to report Ms. Harris as a trespasser because she refused to leave. It was then that she returned to her car and left. My father’s call to the police station came in before Ms. Harris showed up accusing my father of chasing her down the road waving his gun at her. After all, this would have been physically impossible for him based on his medical condition at the time. He had returned from Maine Medical nine days earlier and was on doctor’s orders to not lift anything more than fifteen pounds in weight, to take it easy, and that it would be very difficult for him to walk around never mind “jump off the porch and chase” Ms. Harris.
    Some very "key" information there.... did the jury not understand "reasonable doubt" ???
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Sponsored Links