Daley annoyed that gun registry not up and running

This is a discussion on Daley annoyed that gun registry not up and running within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/...d-running.html So when a house shows up in the database, the responders know that a law-abiding citizen lives there? If it doesn't show, watch out! ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daley annoyed that gun registry not up and running

Daley annoyed that gun registry not up and running

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/...d-running.html

So when a house shows up in the database, the responders know that a law-abiding citizen lives there? If it doesn't show, watch out!

Mayor Richard Daley expressed frustration today that the Chicago Police Department has not set up a database to let police officers and firefighters know how many firearms are registered in each home in the city.

The registry was a key piece of Daley's new gun control platform this summer after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned the city's handgun ban in June. The mayor said it would help protect first responders by letting them know what kind of situation they might encounter when they went to calls in Chicago residences.

"It is annoying" that the registry isn't yet in place, Daley said when asked about the topic after the City Council meeting.

"They should have it by now," he said. "I'll find out why they didn't do that."

The mayor said he doesn't know why the database isn't available to police and firefighters yet, but said it shouldn't have taken this long.

"Maybe it's bureaucracy. I would ask the superintendent," he said.

The police department, which is run by Supt. Jody Weis, issued a statement this afternoon that said gun permit records are being entered and "will be complete in the coming weeks." Officers will then be able to access the information on their in-car computers, the department said.
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

2. Remove Ads

Daley doesn't have my sympathy....

VIP Member
    Uh, yeah.

Registering firearms has worked really well on my side of the border, NOT!!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Uh, yeah.

Registering firearms has worked really well on my side of the border, NOT!!
    Yeah. Makes no sense at all, but did we expect anything different? Show some examples of where this has worked. There are plenty of examples where it has been an abysmal failure/money pit.
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    When it all boils down. I live life once. One life to live. I really stopped caring what happens in Chicago. Illegal or not, I choose to live by the constitution that was sealed in blood and if that means I have to carry a gun even in a politically gun free zone to defend my only one life I have to live. Then so be it. If I had to resort to it I would know that I did the right thing as our founders intended, as God intended, and kept true to our founding fathers and documents. There is a fine line between LAW and Right and seriously folks we are losing our country one city at a time and Chicago leads the way.

I can only pray that the citizens of Chicago wake up and realize what is happening to them and find them selves again abiding with principle and constitution and not Chrony laws.

There is a difference between an Lawful and Unlawful order in the military, so there has to be a difference between Lawful and Unlawful LAW in American Society. And this is Unlawfully legal.

...an opinion from little old me...
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Screw Daley. He's a pathetic excuse for a man anyway.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coder View Post
    Yeah. Makes no sense at all, but did we expect anything different? Show some examples of where this has worked. There are plenty of examples where it has been an abysmal failure/money pit.
    Yep, the current documented total up here is well over two billion dollars.

There are also lots of hidden costs such as police resources that are dedicated to the program and unable to undertake other duties.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

One more chance for Daley to publicly throw the PD under the bus before he leaves office. The cops know that "no weapons" means "no reported weapons" after all there were a few gun calls in the city when the ban was in effect, or does Daley not remember how ineffective that was.

Glock Certified Armorer

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I would like to kick that guys ass.

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have said that LOL
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Daley is a crook. Disarming his subjects that he fleeces on a daily basis is one way to make his narcissistic personality have a false sense of safety,.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Wait for it...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

There you go, Mayor!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

When they gonna implement a knife and bow registry,then lets get slingshots registered
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
    I would like to kick that guys ass.

Hmm, maybe I shouldn't have said that LOL
    Careful he'll shove a rifle up your butt!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHSMMcJEQqU

Glock Certified Armorer

The police department, which is run by Supt. Jody Weis, issued a statement this afternoon that said gun permit records are being entered and "will be complete in the coming weeks." Officers will then be able to access the information on their in-car computers, the department said.

- That's great news. Right after all of the gun permits and guns are registered for the law abiding citizens, they can get right to work having all of the gang members register their guns. I have a feeling there's quite a backlog.

I am married to a women from Springfield, IL and most of the people there cannot stand Daley and wish he was gone forever.

Chicgao politics rule the Subjects of Illinois even when it is not the actual capital and they hate it. My wife plus many of her family and friends wish Chicago was it's own state. The rest of Illinois would be quite content to let the stinking place secceede from the U.S. and probably would vote for it.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links