I'm Angry...

I'm Angry...

This is a discussion on I'm Angry... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; While politicians (Blanket statement, BUT, with some exceptions) are lining their own pockets from interest groups and such... I'm so pissed about why the infringment ...

Thread: I'm Angry...

Angry I'm Angry...

While politicians (Blanket statement, BUT, with some exceptions) are lining their own pockets from interest groups and such... I'm so pissed about why the infringment of gun rights even exist... While I think that some laws that have been put in place DO infact make citizens a bit safer it has gotten WAY out of control...

I work in the field of Emergency Medicine. Now, I wanna see the actual statisics or where guns were the primary weapon used in a crime... I'll BET that there are more assaults/deaths due to beatings by baseball bats then guns...

Do you need to get a permit for a bat...? NO! If you breath, and can walk into the sports store, any Louisville Slugger bat can be yours.

{SARCASTIC} Yeah, I can tell countries like Australia really got a hold on it...

Crime rates have soared like a B-52 getting to altitude for a bombing run...

An ARMED society is a polite society...

Getting rid of the carry rights of GOODFELLAS like us means that only the BADGUYS will have the guns...

Nothing no one here does not know... I just felt I need to get it off my chest...

The fact of the matter IS. You can't expect the Police to be there the instant someones got a gun in your face... All they will be able to do is call the AMBULANCE to recover your lifeless shell.

::: NRA Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor, Military Veteran, Public Safety Professional :::

Guns will never be taken from the hands of criminals, NO MATTER how much gun control the state and federal government impose. All that gun control does give more power to the people that use them to victimize others. We don't live in a perfect society and we never will. Thats why its rediculous to restrict the law abiding citizen from protecting his/her self. Im not fond of many politcians, democrat or republican. Most of them are so far out of touch with reality its frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by VTLO910
    Now, I wanna see the actual statisics...
    Good place to start http://www.gunfacts.info/

Yeah, gun control is stupid and evil ... but the gun grabbers have been working on us for the better part of a century, chipping away at us a little at a time.

We can win our rights back, but its going to take time ... try not to get too discouraged.

The job of the police is to gather after the fact information and make reports; a paraphrase of a SCOTUS decision. It has been said "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns." In light of the foregoing I feel that the pursuit of happiness does not include the right to self defence in the eyes of the liberal lawmakers.

Administrator

The Odds Of Dying

CLICK HERE TO GO THERE...These are 2002 Statistics.
    See where firearms are on the list.

Assault w/ a firearm is actually a pretty high # but, we're the good guys!

Assistant Administrator
    Your views are shared by everyone here - and periodically they all add up and each of us has a bad day trying to handle the absurdity of it all.

Preaching to the choir - and we are on same page - but it does help to blow smoke now and again The fight has to go on.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Zundfolge

Yeah, gun control is stupid and evil ... but the gun grabbers have been working on us for the better part of a century, chipping away at us a little at a time.

We can win our rights back, but its going to take time ... try not to get too discouraged.
    Thanx for that link... Great info... BTW, I Miss the "Springs"...
    ::: NRA Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor, Military Veteran, Public Safety Professional :::

VIP Member
    We feel for your sense of anger VTLO910.....most (if not all) of us here share the sentiment!
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Quote Originally Posted by Zundfolge

Boy is that link going to make me even more insufferable in gun arguments on other forums. Thanks. :)

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Okay, so maybe I am reading this wrong..... But one fact on page 36 states that guns are used 2.5 million times a year to prevent crimes. Another fact (don't remember the page) says that there are roughly 80 million gun owners in the U.S. owning 236(?) million firearms. So going off those statistics . . . . just by OWNING a one or more firearms per year for ~33 years, you are statistically garunteed to use your firearm in the prevention of a crime. And that's IF I am reading this correctly. Someone more apt with math should please correct me if I'm wrong.

I understand that ones likelyhood to use a gun to prevent a crime is severely dependent on ones location (Southeast D.C. versus Chilicothe, OH), lifestyle (do you hang out with shady characters?), and job. But WOW. I wonder if that statistic includes LEO's use in clearing leather. If it doesn't.... I don't know whether to be shocked and proud or just proud. haha DAMN!

Links