Census, could this be good news?

This is a discussion on Census, could this be good news? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Which states lost seats as a result of the 2010 count? New York and Ohio each lost two seats. Illinois, New Jersey, Michigan, Missouri, Pennsylvania, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Census, could this be good news?

Which states lost seats as a result of the 2010 count?
    New York and Ohio each lost two seats. Illinois, New Jersey, Michigan, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Massachusetts and Iowa each lost one seat.

Which states gained seats?
    Texas, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia and Washington.
    Texas gained four seats, Florida gained two, and the others each gained one.

2. Remove Ads

Hmmmmmmmmm.............. New York lost two....New Jersey lost one....... Massachusetts lost one........ Illinois lost one....... And look who gained!
    Fore some reason I don't think there are going to be a lot of gun control bills passing after all the redistricting is done.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

nevada is a problem. They reelected harry Reid, that says a lot. I am also sure Obama's Acorn or whatever they go by and other goons will be put in charge of helping redistrict to ensure seats are setup in welfare areas to guarantee dem representation.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilchman View Post
    Which states lost seats as a result of the 2010 count?
    New York and Ohio each lost two seats. Illinois, New Jersey, Michigan, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Massachusetts and Iowa each lost one seat.

Which states gained seats?
    Texas, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia and Washington.
    Texas gained four seats, Florida gained two, and the others each gained one.
    You bet this is good news.
    I live in Florida's 11th congressional district. My representative is a do nothing rubber stamp for Nancy Pelosi. She does no interviews, town halls, radio, TV, didn't run a campaign that I could see, no billboards, no yard signs. Basically, she hid under her desk. Even the radio called her "Castor the disaster." But she won 60%-40% over a great former military man who had the area covered. Why? The 11th district is so gerrymandered it actually goes down the middle of the skyway bridge to pick up any voters in the "hoods" of three counties. (Thanks Sam Gibbons, former crook) So, if you are elected, and a democrat (goes without saying) you will have to be convicted of murder, and even then I'm not sure you won't be re-elected.
    Now, Florida has picked up two more congressmen, but more importantly, we elected a republican governor who will have a say in re-drawing boundaries. Maybe we can say goodbye, Castor to one of a long line of Castors who are the "ruling class" in Florida politics.

I'm hoping with NJ loosing a seat, and some more reasonable states gaining that this will have some positive impact on me and other NJ residents.

It could be ban news to the people living in the states these folks are moving to. Many of them believe they can bring the "good" things from their former state with them and leave the bad things behind. They move into a state and see the locals doing things and believe they should change it. They bring the group mentality with them that says individuals have to conform to the majority. That if they don't want to do something then you shouldn't be able to do it either.

Look at the assaults on trapping in many areas. We got people moving in here from others states who think its a great idea to try to get the farms shutdown because the animals stink.

If you truly want to move away from your state because of the restrictions and the crime. Please do not bring those ideas with you. Move here and enjoy the freedom we have. Just remember that when you see us doing things you do not like it is not disgusting and backwards its just us enjoying our freedom.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    You bet this is good news.
    I live in Florida's 11th congressional district. My representative is a do nothing rubber stamp for Nancy Pelosi. She does no interviews, town halls, radio, TV, didn't run a campaign that I could see, no billboards, no yard signs. Basically, she hid under her desk. Even the radio called her "Castor the disaster." But she won 60%-40% over a great former military man who had the area covered. Why? The 11th district is so gerrymandered it actually goes down the middle of the skyway bridge to pick up any voters in the "hoods" of three counties. (Thanks Sam Gibbons, former crook) So, if you are elected, and a democrat (goes without saying) you will have to be convicted of murder, and even then I'm not sure you won't be re-elected.
    Now, Florida has picked up two more congressmen, but more importantly, we elected a republican governor who will have a say in re-drawing boundaries. Maybe we can say goodbye, Castor to one of a long line of Castors who are the "ruling class" in Florida politics.
    I may have you beat on the FL gerrymandered district. We are stuck in the 3rd, looks like some perverted snake. Corrine Brown always wins in a landslide and I bet she's worse than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    nevada is a problem. They reelected harry Reid, that says a lot. I am also sure Obama's Acorn or whatever they go by and other goons will be put in charge of helping redistrict to ensure seats are setup in welfare areas to guarantee dem representation.
    Nevada as a whole isn't a problem. The big reason Reid was re-elected was the person he was running against said a lot of stupid things over the years that were very much turned against her. Even if the new district is heavily influenced by Las Vegas, you can bet that whoever is elected will be more conservative than most people in Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    It could be ban news to the people living in the states these folks are moving to. Many of them believe they can bring the "good" things from their former state with them and leave the bad things behind. They move into a state and see the locals doing things and believe they should change it. They bring the group mentality with them that says individuals have to conform to the majority. That if they don't want to do something then you shouldn't be able to do it either.

Look at the assaults on trapping in many areas. We got people moving in here from others states who think its a great idea to try to get the farms shutdown because the animals stink.

If you truly want to move away from your state because of the restrictions and the crime. Please do not bring those ideas with you. Move here and enjoy the freedom we have. Just remember that when you see us doing things you do not like it is not disgusting and backwards its just us enjoying our freedom.

Michael
    Or maybe they're moving to get away from the nanny states so they can have the same freedom as the rest of the country....

Glock Certified Armorer

Administrator
    This thread had best get more directly related to the Second Amendment real quick-like or it will need to go bye-bye as a forum rule violation of No General Political Discussion.

9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly.
    For this reason, we do not allow the discussion of these topics.
    We also discourage "caliber wars" and the virtues of "open carry" topic; strongly encouraging you to take these discussions to other forums where these topics are the focus.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    From normal "trends" of how the majority of the states that added seat(s) vote, the change in thinking (and voting) regarding the 2A could have very beneficial results. Now if we could just get some pro 2A judges appointed......oh yeah, that's after 2012
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

I wonder if Texas picked up a seat or two as a result of the mass migration from the people leaving Louisiana after the hurricane?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

At the very most, this could help delay any anti from being appointed to a federal court.

I'm not sure I have much hope in Congress for repealing parts of the NFA, GCA- after all, a conservative majority in Congress under Bush did squat except let the AWB joke expire. Maybe if the NRA could drum up some support for a constitutional amendment to allow permitless CCW across all 50 states and territories, but that'll never happen.
    Ek = 1/2 (m*v^2)

IMO....forget about "good news". It's a thing of the past.

I find it ironic that the Democrats plan, counting on illegal immigrants in the census to gain seats, has back fired on them. Sure it seemed a good idea to them at the time, after all they controlled congress and had big plans to gain seats in Democratic states and redistrict states to their advantage.

But instead, while the census was being accomplished, Nancy and crew gave away the control of congress and now, it seems most of the immigrants got counted in the southern states that are controlled by the Republicans, instead of states controlled by the Dems. There is a lot to be leaned in all this by both parties, but sadly, neither will remember the chain of events that caused the massive turnover in congress this year.
    John Luttrell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links