Guess who is considering a run for President? - Page 2

Guess who is considering a run for President?

This is a discussion on Guess who is considering a run for President? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I thought the answer to this question was Donald Trump....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guess who is considering a run for President?

I thought the answer to this question was Donald Trump.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    John Bolton......Good man........Him running seems too good to be true.

^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

NRA has continual praise for this guy.

[QUOTE=ExSoldier;1836610]I agree. Look at the other ambassadorial perennial candidate: Alan Keyes. He is a fiery orator, masterful debater and yet, never got ANY traction. IMHO, he would have made a superb President![/QUOTE]

^^^^^^^^^^^^Would have been the best President in the last 20 years^^^^^^^^^^
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Everybody in gov't service has done business with CFR whether they know it or not. Bolton is NOT CFR, so in my book he's okay. The telling point will be how he gets treated by the pols and lackeys who are CFR, especially the cabal at the top.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Senior Moderator
    That would be presumptuous on your part.
    It is. It works well too.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    I think he would just do what many have done before and talk a good game about restoring our sovereignty and cutting government while spending ever increasing amounts on military intervention overseas and "foreign aid" while allowing the government to continue expanding into our affairs at home. Someone who might actually get something good done is Ron Paul, there are very few others I would actually trust, and certainly no one who has ever been associated with the CFR.
    There's really no evidence to support that conclusion in Bolton's background and how he's handled himself before.

As far as Ron Paul goes... Too many people see him as a mental patient. He's not going anywhere just like the first time he ran. It was all his son Rand could do, to tell people he wasn't his dad. Being Ron's son was a big strike against him.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    That would be presumptuous on your part.
    We all hold certain presumptions. You are even presumed to be innocent until proven guilty. Should we not have that presumption?

Biker

I hope John Bolton does run..... he is one person who actually uses "common sense" and stands up for America, and all of our rights.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    We all hold certain presumptions. You are even presumed to be innocent until proven guilty. Should we not have that presumption?

Biker
    I never said a presumption was bad. Simply that it is what it is:

pre·sump·tion [ pri zúmpshən ] (plural pre·sump·tions)

noun
    Definition:

1. something believed without actual evidence: a belief based on the fact that something is considered to be extremely reasonable or likely
    I acted on the presumption that their IDs were genuine.

2. law legal inference: an inference that something is the case, in the absence of evidence rebutting that assumption and on the basis of other known facts
    a presumption of innocence

3. rudeness or arrogance: behavior that is inconsiderate, disrespectful, or overconfident.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    There's really no evidence to support that conclusion in Bolton's background and how he's handled himself before.

As far as Ron Paul goes... Too many people see him as a mental patient. He's not going anywhere just like the first time he ran. It was all his son Rand could do, to tell people he wasn't his dad. Being Ron's son was a big strike against him.
    The fact that too many people see Ron Paul as a mental patient is a sign of a deeply unhealthy country. Spurning someone who actually takes the oath to uphold the Constitution seriously as a nutcase is just plain disgusting. As far as Bolton goes, if he does happen to run and win somehow, I very much hope you're right and not me.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    John Bolton......Good man........Him running seems too good to be true.
    Just as long as it isn't Palin. Not that I have anything against her but most people do and will automatically vote for the other guy if she is a nominee.
    One more step and it's on!

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    The fact that too many people see Ron Paul as a mental patient is a sign of a deeply unhealthy country. Spurning someone who actually takes the oath to uphold the Constitution seriously as a nutcase is just plain disgusting. As far as Bolton goes, if he does happen to run and win somehow, I very much hope you're right and not me.
    Blame it on public education. I've been a teacher in the public schools for about 21 years now and I see it all the time. Curriculums are in LOCKSTEP across the country: Guns are evil and so is anyone who wants to possess a gun. That's what is taught and I have personally verified it with all of my students each and every year I teach. Many of the kids I get are from out of state and many many more are from other countries. But the really insidious thing here is that most of our police & military are grads of the public schools. So the folks who will be seizing our guns really believe that THEY are the only folks who should own guns and they've had that notion inculcated in every grade from kindergarten through high school graduation. If they go to college then it really gets piled on!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Blame it on public education. I've been a teacher in the public schools for about 21 years now and I see it all the time. Curriculums are in LOCKSTEP across the country: Guns are evil and so is anyone who wants to possess a gun. That's what is taught and I have personally verified it with all of my students each and every year I teach. Many of the kids I get are from out of state and many many more are from other countries. But the really insidious thing here is that most of our police & military are grads of the public schools. So the folks who will be seizing our guns really believe that THEY are the only folks who should own guns and they've had that notion inculcated in every grade from kindergarten through high school graduation. If they go to college then it really gets piled on!
    I fully agree. The more nationalized our education system gets the worse this problem becomes. Of the many terrible reforms the Progressive movement brought us, compulsory education has been among the most harmful to our freedoms. I've got a daughter in kindergarten right now, and I just dread the days to come when I have to un-teach the crap she learns in history class and probably high school economics. Fortunately, she is already learning the rules of gun safety and I hope she will remain interested in shooting throughout school and in her adult life. At the very least I hope she understands that if she doesn't like guns (or most anything else for that matter) it doesn't mean she or anyone else has the right to dictate to others whether they can have them or not. We have to resist such notions, one mind at a time....

Peckman28: The only way to insure she is not RE-EDUCATED to the doctrine is to make sure she tells you every day what she learns and especially if the teacher just has a "discussion" on the subject without getting into bookwork. My own daughter came home one day from the second grade and said that her teacher wanted to know how many parents had an evil assault rifle (described as a BIG BLACK RIFLE) in their homes? Man, I went to the conference we initiated and went ballistic. Once she knew we were in her system she backed waaaay off because she knew WE knew what she could be penalized for as far as the rules and she had broken them. She knew there are ways and there are ways. Even when she was in college, my daughter used to call home in tears saying that the stuff she was getting on FREEDOM and GUNS from her profs was such a pack of lies but she was fearful of flunking if she said what she felt and knew to be true. Well at that time, I knew we had no fears for HER future, so I just told her to play their game and get the degree. She knew the truth and she still does as she is about to turn 30. She is judging her prospective mates in that eye. It's more important that her prospective hubby is not pro gun control than pro gun. She is pro gun and she knows that once she gets me to take him to the range with her it will catch on. See?

Ex Member
    He is a VERY smart SOB, but America wants a lier for a President not a honest man.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    He is a VERY smart SOB, but America wants a lier for a President not a honest man.

Man is that true, usually the best liar wins.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links