Guess who is considering a run for President?

This is a discussion on Guess who is considering a run for President? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; John R. Bolton, former Ambassador to the United Nations under George W. Bush. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1210/46543.html This is the guy who caught on to the UN's desires ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess who is considering a run for President?

Exclamation Guess who is considering a run for President?

John R. Bolton, former Ambassador to the United Nations under George W. Bush. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1210/46543.html This is the guy who caught on to the UN's desires to see this country unilaterally disarmed and that happening right quick! His response? In a forceful, no nonsense speech to the General Assembly, he told them, metaphorically speaking to go: "pound sand." He is universally despised by most folks at the UN and many liberals in general. But he is without a doubt a champion of the the Second Amendment!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    John R. Bolton, former Ambassador to the United Nations under George W. Bush. http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1210/46543.html This is the guy who caught on to the UN's desires to see this country unilaterally disarmed and that happening right quick! His response? In a forceful, no nonsense speech to the General Assembly, he told them, metaphorically speaking to go: "pound sand." He is universally despised by most folks at the UN and many liberals in general. But he is without a doubt a champion of the the Second Amendment!
    John Bolton......Good man........Him running seems too good to be true.

I like Bolton, but doubt he would stand a chance. It would make for great election season though.
    Last edited by ks kid; December 27th, 2010 at 12:06 PM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by ks kid View Post
    I like Bolton, but doubt he would stand a chance. It would make for great election season though.
    I agree. Look at the other ambassadorial perennial candidate: Alan Keyes. He is a fiery orator, masterful debater and yet, never got ANY traction. IMHO, he would have made a superb President!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

He is the real deal, but unfortunately will be villified by the left and the complicit media... God Bless him though, we need real men, and real women taking our seats back from self serving crooks
    "You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body." CS Lewis

S&W .41 Mag - Colt DS - Ruger Single Six - Ruger Security Six - Buckmark-Beretta 21A - S&W 351PD 22 Mag- Spfld XD 9mm -- Plenty Of Long Guns--- Dry Powder and RCBS.

LOL, Alan Keyes.
    I answered a survey online at one time. It said my answers most matched Alan Keyes. I had never heard of him so I looked him up. and while I agree with what he said back then, the way he said it turned off so many people that he did not stand a chance of being elected dog catcher.

My advice to him. keep saying what your saying, just tone down the ranting while your saying it. you look less like a lunatic that way.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Alan Keyes was my vote in the Primary, but he never stood a chance.

It's a pity, as I thought he was the most qualified for the job, and best understood the role of government. Bolton would be another good choice, on Second Amendment issues, but I do wonder about his econimic policies. In short, what are they? Come what may, I vote on three issues, and in this order; 2A, Military, and lastly, what canidate will have government intrude least upon my life? I despise career politicians. So on that fact alone, Bolton would have my vote.

Biker

Distinguished Member
    Bolton would make a great president, but he doesn't play the washington game so I doubt he has much of a chance.

I really like Bolton. Not sure if he's presidential material, but he's very smart man and we could have much worse. In fact we do have much worse right now.

In fact our current Pres really lowered the bar when it comes to the qualifications of a Presidential candidate. So, with that said, I think Bolton would make a excellent President.

Go John! I'll donate to your campaign!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    As much as I admire a man that has strong 2nd ammendment views, there is a lot more to a man than that.

Senior Moderator
    As much as I admire a man that has strong 2nd ammendment views, there is a lot more to a man than that.
    There is, but how he views the Second Amendment tells a lot about how he thinks of other things.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Not just his views on 2A, but his world views as well. His knowledge on foreign affairs will be invaluable as we try to regain our place and strength on the world stage.

I'm just not sure of his knowledge on economics and domestic issues. Right now this country is in a royal mess and we need leadership. However, he is all about smaller, limited government and unwavering on that, so I think he'd be someone to watch closely as this begins to play out.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by ks kid View Post
    Yep, the press is already honing their blades.
    Bolton is a straight talker, we can't have that now can we?
    How would we accomplish the biggest transfer of wealth in the history of the world?
    Why Bolton even believes in the constitution, for Pete's sake!

Expect to see Bolton painted as a "far right wing nut case, and stupid too!"

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    There is, but how he views the Second Amendment tells a lot about how he thinks of other things.
    That would be presumptuous on your part.

I don't know that I trust someone who has been closely associated with the State Dept, UN (even though he claims he hates them), and most of all, the Council on Foreign Relations. I don't see Bolton as trustworthy; I think he would just do what many have done before and talk a good game about restoring our sovereignty and cutting government while spending ever increasing amounts on military intervention overseas and "foreign aid" while allowing the government to continue expanding into our affairs at home. Someone who might actually get something good done is Ron Paul, there are very few others I would actually trust, and certainly no one who has ever been associated with the CFR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links