Defensive Carry banner

DC declares another crime emergency - merged

1K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  LibertyGal 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Eyes and ears, hell.

If you're serious about cutting crime in our captiol city, our shrine to liberty, LET ORDINARY CITIZENS CARRY GUNS.

That kind of broad daylight rape and robbery !@#$%@#$ will stop.

Dead still.

#3 ·
But I thought more gun laws made D.C. safer:sheep: ?

#4 ·
#6 ·
So the D.C. Police Chief declares a "crime emergency"? This is nothing more than a play on words, a blatant attempt to cover his a$$ and show the citizens & higher-ups that he's "doing" something about crime in the cesspool on the Potomac.

I'd love to visit D.C. to see things like the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial, Arlington Cemetery, the Tomb Of The Unknowns, the Evening Parade at the Marine Barracks and such, but I won't go there, because the police can't protect me and mine (nor are they required to) and because I'm not allowed to protect myself and my family.

#7 ·
+1, Captain Crunch!

I've sent an email to one of my Senators regarding this incident, and will send to my other Senator and Representative. But the only way this likely will ever change is when those of us on forums like this send emails to the DC Chamber of Commerce letting them know how much money is not coming into their coffers because those of us who can carry at home will not come to their city until we can there as well.

#9 ·
Wouldn't it be nice to reinstate a "Bounty" program similar to the ones in place in the late 1800's. It was one way to get crime under control in the "lawless" west?

Part of me would feel real good if there was a long line of "Bounty Hunters" lined up at the Police Headquarters in DC, waiting to collect the bounties on wanted individuals, either tied up and waiting in their vehicles or waiting for ID and transport the rest of the way to the morgue.

What else can be done when the lawmakers don't do their jobs and penalize the the law abiding citizens?

#10 ·
I think it was about a year ago the Chief of the Park Police was fired after she said the force was undermanned and underfunded. Now DC and Congress is screaming that there aren't enough Police on the National Mall.

Politicians, gotta love'em!

#12 ·
Come on guys, DC has some of the least restrictive gun laws in the nation *

Matt

(* if you happen to be a well-known liberal pundit shooting an unarmed kids in your pool.... normal citizens get a much different set of rules.)

Matt

#13 ·
Hey jdlv4 o, do you think we can have them add that to the smilies:rofl: .

#14 ·
The crime emergency declaration allows commanders more flexibility to adjust officers' schedules and reassign them to high-crime areas.
Is there a low-crime area in DC??? If Georgetown and the National Mall are experiencing these types of crimes, what hope do the people in Southeast D.C. have?

Captain Crunch said:
I'd love to visit D.C. to see things like the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial, Arlington Cemetery, the Tomb Of The Unknowns, the Evening Parade at the Marine Barracks . . .
Interesting that half of the monuments & exhibits in anti-gun D.C. honor MEN WITH GUNS.

LibertyGal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.