National Constitutional Carry...

This is a discussion on National Constitutional Carry... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Now that the GOP has taken over the house when will they be intruducing a bill allowing everyone to carry nationwide? And when will they ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: National Constitutional Carry...

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar

National Constitutional Carry...

Now that the GOP has taken over the house when will they be intruducing a bill allowing everyone to carry nationwide? And when will they be repealing the 1968 Gun Control Act and the NFA Act? Perhaps we should start hounding John Bayer about legalizing the Constitution? I remember some candidates mentioning their support for the 2nd Amendment, well let's make them put their (our) money where their mouth is!

2. Remove Ads

It has to have a veto-proof majority in the House and Senate, because the President will never pass it.

Unless, of course, it's attached to something the President really wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Now that the GOP has taken over the house when will they be intruducing a bill allowing everyone to carry nationwide? And when will they be repealing the 1968 Gun Control Act and the NFA Act? Perhaps we should start hounding John Bayer about legalizing the Constitution? I remember some candidates mentioning their support for the 2nd Amendment, well let's make them put their (our) money where their mouth is!
    Why is it we all scream when the Federal government ignore States Rights? Then when we believe we have the numbers on our side insist that they ignore States Rights to force what we want on the other States?

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Why is it we all scream when the Federal government ignore States Rights? Then when we believe we have the numbers on our side insist that they ignore States Rights to force what we want on the other States?

Michael
    I think that the federal government should only be able to supersede states in two cases. Interstate activities, and preserving freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    I think that the federal government should only be able to supersede states in two cases. Interstate activities, and preserving freedom.
    And both are clearly pointed out in the Constitution.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    And both are clearly pointed out in the Constitution.

Michael
    Exactly. Which is why something needs to be done, because the states are restricting the rights spelled out in the second amendment, among others. The courts should be doing this, but they move slowly. If something can be done legislatively, it can be done faster.

I think someone in elected office should start an audit of the federal statutes, making sure they don't conflict with each other and that they're constitutionally sound. I bet that would fix a lot of our budget problems too.

Turn on your TV. Tune in to a news channel. Then get back with us and tell us what you think the chances are at this moment in history of that happening.

I personally don't want the Feds in there screwing things up. You think there's enough rules now. If it goes to the Feds and becomes national, whats to keep and Eager Beaver Brady Buncher Congressman using one instance from a shooting wacko as an example to ban Nationwide Carry. You issue Nationwide you can ban Nationwide in the motion of a Liberal President's pen. I believe its states rights to issue and determine reciprocity between the states. If it's not broken don't fix it.
    Last edited by DPro.40; January 9th, 2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: spelling
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by DPro.40 View Post
    If its not broken don't fix it.
    It is broken.

That being said, the Supreme Court should be doing this. Two provisions of the constitution are relevant. The second amendment, obviously, as well as Article 4, Section 1: "Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. "

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Turn on your TV. Tune in to a news channel. Then get back with us and tell us what you think the chances are at this moment in history of that happening.
    This.

VIP Member
    start hounding John Bayer about legalizing the Constitution?
    Who the heck is John Bayer? Do you mean the Speaker of the House John Boehner?
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    It’s been talked about many times over, and it’s an exceptionally bad idea. The States are really our only protection from an overzealous group of morons, all with their special interests and personal agendas.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    It’s been talked about many times over, and it’s an exceptionally bad idea. The States are really our only protection from an overzealous group of morons, all with their special interests and personal agendas.
    And what about those states who ARE "an overzealous group of morons, all with their special interests and personal agendas"?

VIP Member
    One law, one body of law-makers, one gun decision for all States. It's a very complexed topic of gun carry rights and/or conditions, and many don't want to take that risk. It would be safer to relocate to a more gun friendly State. Back when I joined a few gun forums I felt the same way, but then some folks much wiser than myself opened my eyes.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    It is broken.

That being said, the Supreme Court should be doing this. Two provisions of the constitution are relevant. The second amendment, obviously, as well as Article 4, Section 1: "Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. "
    Not as far as I'm concerned. Missouri citizens were very pro active to bring CCW to Missouri. Put it to a vote and it passed. The current Governor, a Democrat, said the people spoke and didn't try and veto it. There were dissenter but were over ruled in a court of law and forced to pay fines and penalties to businesses that lost income to to the delay of the implementation of the law. Any State with a problem, Illinois, Wisconsin ect... change is on the people. Vote out the people that oppose. Change will eventual happen with those states anyway to a degree due to the Supreme ruling in DC. What just happened in Chicago? Keep in mind the Supremes didn't give gun folks an open slate and didn't take away states rights to regulate. I still don't want the feds telling states what to do. The democratic process worked very well here. I see no benefit to fed control. Again the Tax man cometh, the tax man taketh away. The State of Missouri just dropped the waiting period for firearm purchase. Its getting better with out the Feds. I realize you say its broken, can you define what you think is broken?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links