New knee-jerk legislation resulting from the AZ shooting (MERGED)

This is a discussion on New knee-jerk legislation resulting from the AZ shooting (MERGED) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 Fair warning...sell all your barrel shrouds, NOW! Sheeeeeeesh! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmZZV...eature=related A perfect example of aggressive stupidity. Too scarey to be laughable....

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 186

Thread: New knee-jerk legislation resulting from the AZ shooting (MERGED)

  1. #76
    VIP Member Array wmhawth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Western Colorado
    Posts
    4,382
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Fair warning...sell all your barrel shrouds, NOW! Sheeeeeeesh!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmZZV...eature=related
    A perfect example of aggressive stupidity. Too scarey to be laughable.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #77
    OD*
    OD* is online now
    Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Coopersville
    Posts
    10,757
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

    "There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

  4. #78
    VIP Member Array livewire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    2,050
    Quote Originally Posted by hamlet View Post
    [livewire9880]................."So, hamlet, your point about regulating 30 round magazines was?" what you saw 48 hrs ago.
    So you still favor gun control. Got it.

    That's all you had to say, you favor gun control. It's an accepted position, embrace it.

  5. #79
    Ex Member Array azchevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oceanfront Property
    Posts
    3,850
    Quote Originally Posted by hamlet View Post
    I don't think I'm the one indoctrinated by a state of mind.

    You do not know my state of mind much less if it's indoctrinated, you know you're thoughts about my state of mind and your belief indoctrination is responsible for it. As far as what you actually know concerning me: you know the sentence I wrote.

    The sentence was a statement confined to 30+ magazines and regulations - for the purpose of a response to the thread topic: That's what you know. The "it" - and that I should get this "it" - and that I don't get this "it" - and that people will take my guns away and that then I will get the "it" - well, you know your beliefs about all that. But they're your beliefs - not me.

    Your thought that your guns and magazines don't jump off the wall and attack people you apparently believe counters my reasons for not thinking it unreasonable to regulate 30+ magazines. But you don't know what those reasons are let alone if guns-not-attacking-people has anything to do with them.

    You know what you know, the rest lies behind your forehead. Not being able to distinguish the difference between the two and equating reality with your own opinions, is a hallmark of indoctrination. It's great positive is the comfortable feeling one is always right. It's great negative is that one isn't - but doesn't know that and has no way of finding out. Indoctrination makes us dumb.
    Again, your stance is anti-gun. Many people think it not unreasonable to regulate handguns and other rifles that are not of sporting nature, infringing on YOUR rights to own a handgun. I guess to you it doesn't matter if it doesn't infringe on you, only others who don't share the same opinion as you. So it is perfectly acceptable to you to infringe on MY rights to own hicap mags for whatever reasons I want to own them because YOU don't see a need for them even though as a sportsman and hobbyist, I do. You should just donate to the Brady Campaign and get it over with.

    What's next ? 4x4 is unreasonable to own because everyone should stay on pavement? Big screen TV's are useless when you can see the same shows on smaller screens, outlaw them? What happen to personal freedoms and responsibility? What if that guy had used four 10rd mag glocks?

  6. #80
    VIP Member Array peckman28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,079
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Again, your stance is anti-gun. Many people think it not unreasonable to regulate handguns and other rifles that are not of sporting nature, infringing on YOUR rights to own a handgun. I guess to you it doesn't matter if it doesn't infringe on you, only others who don't share the same opinion as you. So it is perfectly acceptable to you to infringe on MY rights to own hicap mags for whatever reasons I want to own them because YOU don't see a need for them even though as a sportsman and hobbyist, I do. You should just donate to the Brady Campaign and get it over with.

    What's next ? 4x4 is unreasonable to own because everyone should stay on pavement? Big screen TV's are useless when you can see the same shows on smaller screens, outlaw them? What happen to personal freedoms and responsibility? What if that guy had used four 10rd mag glocks?
    Agreed. There are no "reasonable restrictions". The 2A says what it says, period.

  7. #81
    Member Array Cornelius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by hamlet View Post
    [livewire9880]................."So, hamlet, your point about regulating 30 round magazines was?" what you saw 48 hrs ago.
    I'm not convinced that a hi-cap mag would've resulted in less deaths. The VA Tech shooter killed 32 people and injured 25 before killing himself. He used a Glock 19 with a 15-round mag and a Walther P22 with a 10 round mag.

    The OP having started a thread that is not about me, my hypocrisy, not getting "it", or whatever....I'd like his topic to have the focus now, from me at least.
    His focus is on the necessity of this knee-jerk legislation, which covers the legality of hi-cap mags. And I'm pretty certain the OP will agree with me. :)
    Ek = 1/2 (m*v^2)

  8. #82
    Ex Member Array hamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    Agreed. There are no "reasonable restrictions". The 2A says what it says, period.
    Well, THAT'S a relief! So, Jeff (Jeff my son) will be over tomorrow to practice with the new howitzer I gave him in front of your house (still stuck on real people being near his targets - more challenging or something, go figure........)

    See you soon - hopefully,

    PS WOOPS! Almost forgot: next week is Jeff's birthday and you and Patti + many are invited. It's Jeff's 8th and Barb and I want to make it a special "do" for the kid.)

    La!

    Pete

  9. #83
    Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Near Hotlanta!!
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by hamlet View Post
    THAT'S a relief! So, Jeff (Jeff my son) will be over tomorrow to practice with his new howitzer I gave him in front of your house (still stuck on real people being near his targets - more challenging or something - go figure........)

    See you soon - hopefully,

    PS WOOPS! Almost forgot: next week is Jeff's birthday and you and Patti are invited. It's Jeff's 8th and Barb and I want to make it a "do" for the kid.)

    La!

    Pete
    LOL but a bad example because if your son lit a shopping mall up with his howitzer then he would go to jail for his crimes. So no the 2a has no restrictions. The kind wisdom of our democracy has placed restrictions on us because we are baaaaaaaad sheep. Err umm was that a republic? I cant seem to remember anymore.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

  10. #84
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    I have more taken away from me at the ballot box than I have had taken at the point of a gun. Care to know which one I think is more dangerous in the wrong hands?

    Michael

  11. #85
    Ex Member Array hamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    LOL but a bad example because if your son lit a shopping mall up with his howitzer then he would go to jail for his crimes. So no the 2a has no restrictions. The kind wisdom of our democracy has placed restrictions on us because we are baaaaaaaad sheep. Err umm was that a republic? I cant seem to remember anymore.
    Jeff just got the howitzer, let's give him some slack here, some time to fire around the neighborhood, see how close he can get to occupied homes without hitting them like he wants - before we get hysterical about fire-bombs and such.

    O by the way, sorry to hear you lost your job as a city-teacher and hope the article I published on the front page detailing your sexual interactions with children wasn't part it.
    Course we both know the article was absolute trash and BS, but as my protest against the government think it fine to take a few liberties here and there, Freedom of Speech and the Government and all that....... Anyway, not personal at all! Stiff upper and all that......good, knew you wouldn't mind.

    Later,

    Peter
    Last edited by hamlet; January 13th, 2011 at 06:27 AM.

  12. #86
    Senior Member Array DPro.40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    611
    Hamlet, I call foul. Now is the time to stop posting. Administrators, I find this embarrassing.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

  13. #87
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,603
    Quote Originally Posted by DPro.40 View Post
    Hamlet, I call foul. Now is the time to stop posting. Administrators, I find this embarrassing.
    I think there is nothing at all embarrassing about what Hamlet has posted. He is not anti-gun. Nor am I. What is being discussed is basically the boundaries of 2A in a practical world.

    Some are disagreeing with where the boundaries are. A few are insisting there are no boundaries. That latter thought won't fly because the courts including Heller itself and Scalia's own words have as a practical matter allowed boundaries to be put on 2A, just as they put various boundaries on various provisions of 1A, 4A and 5A.

    I have no doubt that it is perfectly legal for legislatures to limit magazine size, or caliber size, or type of weapons (semi- v revolver). Whether doing so is wise or a good idea is another matter.

    I have no desire to have a high cap magazine, don't particularly object to most folks having one, but I do have a deep concern about their effect on officer safety, and for that reason am inclined toward disallowing their possession outside of law enforcement, armed security services, and the military, though I'm not firmly committed to that position.

  14. #88
    Ex Member Array hamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by DPro.40 View Post
    Hamlet, I call foul. Now is the time to stop posting. Administrators, I find this embarrassing.
    Folks posting can call anyone who disagrees in the slightest or most minute way with any facet of a majority view here anything they want: hypocrite, insult their intelligent, imply they are immoral - make any assumption wished about what their views are and then castigate these even though they are their own fictions - and in general make every kind of ad hominem argument under the sun, but let someone satirize one statement made by them - in this case the completely unfounded notion the that the 2nd out of all amendments precludes any regulation whatsoever - and you want to close the thread down and cry "foul !".

    Folks claiming absolute rights about something they say the Constitution gives them - when it simply gives everyone certain Basic Rights, (a lot different than Absolute) - leave themselves open to a little satire at the very least - Satire that takes that claim literally, but gives it to someone else (in this case a fictional "me"), leaving them in the position of having all of their own rights trampled over in the satire-"story". And being at the receiving end of this treatment even in a lampoon, is a "foul", though their own absolutism would, in actuality, do the same to others.

    Next time such folks want to cry "FOUL!" - best find the nearest mirror.

  15. #89
    Ex Member Array azchevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oceanfront Property
    Posts
    3,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I think there is nothing at all embarrassing about what Hamlet has posted. He is not anti-gun. Nor am I. What is being discussed is basically the boundaries of 2A in a practical world.

    Some are disagreeing with where the boundaries are. A few are insisting there are no boundaries. That latter thought won't fly because the courts including Heller itself and Scalia's own words have as a practical matter allowed boundaries to be put on 2A, just as they put various boundaries on various provisions of 1A, 4A and 5A.

    I have no doubt that it is perfectly legal for legislatures to limit magazine size, or caliber size, or type of weapons (semi- v revolver). Whether doing so is wise or a good idea is another matter.

    I have no desire to have a high cap magazine, don't particularly object to most folks having one, but I do have a deep concern about their effect on officer safety, and for that reason am inclined toward disallowing their possession outside of law enforcement, armed security services, and the military, though I'm not firmly committed to that position.

    So you would deny law abiding citizens the right to own them but are completely OK knowing that these magazines are mass produced all over the world and will be in the hands of criminals, gang members, and anyone else who has access to black market drugs and other illicit items in which this country has done such a great job in stemming the distribution of?

    My hicap mags have not attacked or harmed anyone, but I sure do feel much better when i am out hunting near the border knowing I have a few of them on my person in case I turn from being the hunter into being the prey simply because I crossed a drug lane in my own FREE country.

    I disagree with you and your stance 100%, it is not a hicap magazine problem, but a people problem. The ms-13 and bloods and cryps and hells angels and other criminals who have willingly used these hicap mags to spray public areas in gun battles and drive by shootings will continue to have access to these items and continue to endanger your safety no matter how many asinine laws are passed to hamstring law abiding citizens.

    The bottom line is if the stories are true, and I have an inside line due to my jib that assures me they are, if the PCSO had done their job, they would have prevented this killer from ever accessing these weapons to begin with. Fix the system, don't punish the masses.

  16. #90
    Senior Member Array DPro.40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    611
    Hamlet, I don't find your view points disturbing. Your entitled as I would request the same respect. I could care less about your magazine viewpoints. This is whats embarrassing...

    "O by the way, sorry to hear you lost your job as a city-teacher and hope the article I published on the front page detailing your sexual interactions with children wasn't part it."

    I am looking in the mirror I don't attack personally. I'm looking in the mirror and I wouldn't do this. Your out of line. I do care about you're attacks on other members of this forum. If you don't like a different opinion then don't come here. I'm sorry to say you don't find this embarrassing Hopyard. You seem to be above such rhetoric.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. More ridiculous knee jerk legislation
    By fastk9dad in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: January 12th, 2011, 04:27 PM
  2. More knee surgery.
    By Ghettokracker71 in forum Bob & Terry's Place
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: October 19th, 2010, 10:59 PM
  3. 11/19/08 Pending Ammo Legislation in 18 states-MERGED
    By Eagleks in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: June 25th, 2009, 12:30 AM
  4. I would like to thank HITCH KING for a heads up, LIMA for the resulting interest.....
    By yankeeman in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: January 31st, 2009, 05:18 PM
  5. Knee operation update...
    By TN_Mike in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: November 22nd, 2008, 10:13 PM

Search tags for this page

colin ferguson actor

,
colin furgerson actor
,
free rifle targets 11 x 17
,

hot jerk instructor youtube

,
ruger p89 accessories phoenix,az
,
what is ?knee jerk reaction? legislation
Click on a term to search for related topics.