Wrote my GA Congress Members

This is a discussion on Wrote my GA Congress Members within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I wrote a letter to my GA congress members (district senator and representative): I am a concerned GA resident writing to you in hopes that ...

Thread: Wrote my GA Congress Members

Post Wrote my GA Congress Members

I wrote a letter to my GA congress members (district senator and representative):

I am a concerned GA resident writing to you in hopes that you will begin to draft and propose a bill to amend and repeal a few state laws concerning firearms.

I would like for you to draft and propose a bill that repeals law(s) stating that:

* The Governor is able to seize citizen's weapons during a declared state of emergency.
    * The Governor is able to make it illegal for responsible concealed carry weapon license holders to legally carry their weapon outside of their home during a declared state of emergency.

These laws are a violation of the US Constitution's 2nd Amendment. Further, what time is their more need to protect one's self, family, supplies, and property than during a declared state of emergency? CCWL-holders are responsible, law-abiding citizens that had to undergo an extensive background check and pay fees just for the right to carry a weapon on their person for the purposes of self-defense. They are not a threat, especially not during a declared state of emergency, quite the opposite, in fact. Looking back on the events proceeding Hurricane Katrina serves as an example of what can happen when citizen's are unlawfully disarmed. The subsequent successful NRA lawsuit and many other states repealed their law(s) pertaining to Governor's power to seize weapons during an emergency. Also, the Supreme Court has ruled many times that law enforcement officers are not liable for protecting individuals, and that suggests that it is each individual's responsibility to protect themselves, something that we could not be able to do under the current law(s).

Also, please consider adding a law to permit CCWL-holders to carry inside the non-secure areas of the airport, as is already being uneventfully done in 40 other states. And a law stating that the judge of the probate court shall notify the CCWL-holder via mailed letter that his/her license is set to expire 90 days from the date of letter and forms to renew their license. This would also be a good way for the government to make some additional money (spend ~.50 cents and get back $70+).

Please look into this issue and propose a bill to repeal these unlawful and senseless laws, and add these sensible laws.
    This is my first self-written letter to a congress member, let me know how I did.

2. Remove Ads

Good job

Let us know what happens.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

good job.... hope they listen.

Our State went the opposite way, that no one can confiscate firarms from any person legally able to own them in a declared emergency.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    A+ for taking the time to write them!
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links