More ridiculous knee jerk legislation - Page 2

More ridiculous knee jerk legislation

This is a discussion on More ridiculous knee jerk legislation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What if the government offical's wife has a carry permit and carries, does she have to stay a 1000 ft away? I'll that government offical ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More ridiculous knee jerk legislation

What if the government offical's wife has a carry permit and carries, does she have to stay a 1000 ft away? I'll that government offical will be a real hoot on a hunting trip.

So, I'm in the store and run into my Congressman...... instead of talking to him like I normally do..... I should run 1001 ft away so I'm not arrested ? My State Rep... shoots.... so I can't go shooting with him anymore ?
    Everyone at the gun range will have to clear out ? His wife will be arrested, because she has her CCL ?

I guess Congressmen and Senators won't be invited on any hunting trips anymore... or can go hunting with their buddies either. Now some of Dick Cheney's friends may like that.

Do people ever think these things thru ?

Duh...... What BS.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    So I suppose the murder statute is not doing the job.
    Nah, the statutes fine. It's the lack of punishment that's the problem.

So here's my question. If gun violence is such a big problem, why are all the leftist's so up in arms about punishing it? I don't think the conservative judges are to blame for lax punishment. I mean, they use that against them don't they? They want to regulate an "issue" that their lack of appropriate action has caused.

Let's run a scenario. BG shots and wounds someone in an armed robbery. Liberal judge and DA plea down the case to make it faster, and let them out with a slap on the wrist. BG get busted for armed robbery, firearm. Plea deal, or maybe one of those snazzy anklets. BG shoots at someone during a gang fight. Plea, bracelet. BG shoots and kills someone. It's all the right wing conservative gun owners fault.

Uhm, no.

I've got some ideas that WIL fix the problem though. To bad they are not actually interested in fixing anything.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

JTP
    Think about it at least in Texas.

No guns at work, no guns at major sporting events, no guns in bars, no guns at church, none near a school zone, none at a college.

I have found that I am able to use my CHL in very few places and very few hours. I am a daily transit user and I would really like to carry on the bus and bus stops. However, I have no place to put my gun at work since guns are not allowed. I know this varies with each employer and church, but truly it is very confusing. I guess I can carry on vacation and when I retire.

How will a CHL holder even know where a "government officials" is?

There are states where the level of scrutiny is lax and I believe the screening of people who are mentally ill is fatally flawed. We need some intelligent rethinking of our approach to CHL.
    Last edited by JTP; January 12th, 2011 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Correct spelling

Don't have a gun within 1000' of a government official!
    Expect things to get crazy. While channel surfing recently I came across some rocket scientist named Lawrence O'Donnel making reference to "ammo control". I only caught a portion of his drivel but he seemed to suggest that if you can't go in a pharmacy and purchase sleeping pills in large quantities neither should you be able to do it with ammo. Idiotic reasoning to be sure but I expect to see such thinking coming down the pike any time now.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Normally I like King's way of thinking, he does seem to be playing to his district although Staten Island has a large population of Police/Fire/First responders who I would expect to more pro 2A. Just a thought, could he be making a sarcastic point?
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Why I was wondering when they would get around to this. I'm sure the BG will be more than happy to observe this wonderful legislation that makes us all a more free and open society. May I kiss your ring O great one.
    Last edited by DPro.40; January 12th, 2011 at 08:12 PM.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

I believe the legislation states that the "suspect" must know that he or she is in fact within 1000 ft' of a federal legislator or judge in order for it to be a crime. Still silly.

In a related posted, an author wrote:
    The history of high-capacity clips and magazines begins somewhere in the early 20th century. John Browning, the famed U.S. firearms designer, developed the basic concept of a magazine that could fire more rounds without reloading. The Browning Hi-Powered gun first made its debut in 1935, nine years after his death, and used a staggered two-column magazine that held 13 rounds and one in the chamber.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links