New resource site......Constitution Watch

This is a discussion on New resource site......Constitution Watch within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hi, I just started a new blog, which is now up and running. It's sole purpose is to keep track of firearms legislation Federally, and ...

Thread: New resource site......Constitution Watch

New resource site......Constitution Watch

Hi,

I just started a new blog, which is now up and running. It's sole purpose is to keep track of firearms legislation Federally, and in some states.

Three new firearms related bills in the house

H. R. 77
    To provide for emergency deployments of United States Border Patrol agents and to increase the number of DEA and ATF agents along the international border of the United States to increase resources to identify and eliminate illicit sources of firearms into Mexico for use by violent drug trafficking organizations and for other lawful activities, and for other purposes.

H. R. 58
    To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to update certain procedures applicable to commerce in firearms and remove certain Federal restrictions on interstate firearms transactions.

H.R. 126
    “To require the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to make video recordings of the examination and testing of firearms and ammunition, and for other purposes.”

Tracking and complete text are available here.

Chris

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Varmiter View Post
    Hi,

I just started a new blog, which is now up and running. It's sole purpose is to keep track of firearms legislation Federally, and in some states.

Three new firearms related bills in the house

H. R. 77
    To provide for emergency deployments of United States Border Patrol agents and to increase the number of DEA and ATF agents along the international border of the United States to increase resources to identify and eliminate illicit sources of firearms into Mexico for use by violent drug trafficking organizations and for other lawful activities, and for other purposes.

H. R. 58
    To amend chapter 44 of title 18, United States Code, to update certain procedures applicable to commerce in firearms and remove certain Federal restrictions on interstate firearms transactions.

H.R. 126
    “To require the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to make video recordings of the examination and testing of firearms and ammunition, and for other purposes.”

Tracking and complete text are available here.

Chris
    Are these controversial? Why? At least by the title each one seems to make sense. We want to reduce illegal traffic in guns into Mexico. That seems like a fairly common sense thing. I can't really tell what HR 58 does, but " remove restrictions on interstate firearms transactions," should please some here. And the last one, to require video recording of stuff, always a good idea to get the best evidence you can get and eliminate claims of made up evidence.

So, are these really controversial?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Are these controversial? Why? At least by the title each one seems to make sense. We want to reduce illegal traffic in guns into Mexico. That seems like a fairly common sense thing. I can't really tell what HR 58 does, but " remove restrictions on interstate firearms transactions," should please some here. And the last one, to require video recording of stuff, always a good idea to get the best evidence you can get and eliminate claims of made up evidence.

So, are these really controversial?
    I just wonder why something MUST be controversial to be posted on a gun forum.

The bills are what they are. I won’t debate anything with you since you haven’t even bothered to look at the text of the bills.

These are firearms related bills, which are actually moving through the House. Gun related legislation, of any sort, will have an effect on all of us. However, if all you are interested in is controversy............well, what can I say........ It speaks volumes

Chris

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Varmiter View Post
    I just wonder why something MUST be controversial to be posted on a gun forum.

The bills are what they are. I won’t debate anything with you since you haven’t even bothered to look at the text of the bills.

These are firearms related bills, which are actually moving through the House. Gun related legislation, of any sort, will have an effect on all of us. However, if all you are interested in is controversy............well, what can I say........ It speaks volumes

Chris
    Misunderstanding. I thought you posted them because you thought they were controversial and I couldn't immediately see the problem, so I asked. Never mind.

VIP Member
    Nice site, looks like HR 58 is just of a clarification of the current law but changes the wording for military residency to be more specific.

(c) Residence of United States Officers- Section 921 of such title is amended by striking subsection (b) and inserting the following:

‘(b) For purposes of this chapter:

‘(1) A member of the Armed Forces on active duty is a resident of--

‘(A) the State in which the member maintains legal residence;

‘(B) the State in which the permanent duty station of the member is located; and

‘(C) the State in which the member maintains a place of abode from which the member commutes each day to the permanent duty station.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Links