Huge Gun Bill In SC

Huge Gun Bill In SC

This is a discussion on Huge Gun Bill In SC within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just found this bill that was introduced today in the house. http://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess119_...bills/3292.htm A few things that stood out to me are carry in restaurants ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Huge Gun Bill In SC

Huge Gun Bill In SC

I just found this bill that was introduced today in the house.

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess119_...bills/3292.htm

A few things that stood out to me are carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. And Valid Out of State Permits must be recognized by SC it removes the provisions that the states must have similar training requirements (SC would finally honor GA permits).

Well, I know a lot of people in Georgia will be happy about that change (if it comes to pass). Now if SC can get rid of some of their Blue Laws.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    This part may cause businesses that post no guns signs to reconsider.

Section 23-31-710. (A) A business entity, property owner or legal possessor, or public or private employer may not establish, maintain, or enforce a policy or rule that prohibits or has the effect of prohibiting a person from transporting or storing a legally-possessed firearm or legally-possessed ammunition when the firearm or ammunition is locked out of sight within the trunk, glove box, or other enclosed compartment or area within or on the person's privately-owned motor vehicle.

(B) A person who is injured or incurs damages, or the survivors of a person killed, as a result of a violation of subsection (A) may bring a civil action in the appropriate court against any business entity, property owner, or legal possessor, or public or private employer who committed or caused the violation. A person who would be legally entitled to transport or store a firearm or ammunition, but is denied the opportunity to so by a policy or rule prohibited by subsection (A), may bring a civil action in the appropriate court to enjoin any business entity, property owner or legal possessor, or public or private employer from violating subsection (A). In an action brought pursuant to this section, court costs and attorney fees must be awarded to the prevailing plaintiff.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    If that passes im in heaven because there are lakes I would love to fish in SC but I wont because I cant carry my sidearm there.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

All gun permits should be honored by all States, just like your driver's license! It should be that simple.
    ketchie38 likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

That would be great to be able to go for a drive or motorcycle ride and not have to avoid SC.

Quote Originally Posted by beni View Post
    . And Valid Out of State Permits must be recognized by SC it removes the provisions that the states must have similar training requirements (SC would finally honor GA permits).
    ....and that's good news! hope it passes.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

This would be good for S.C. I voted against several reunions in S.C. because of not being able to carry. Should increase tourist.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I just got an email update from Grassroots SC, so just trying to pass on the word to others (see email content below). I will post the final Grassroots SC notification as well when it's sent out.

I plan to go buy some postcards/stamps today in preparation (hopefully I can figure out how to get my printer to print on postcards as well...). This is not only our chance at a large step fwd for cc in SC, but it could potentially put increased pressure on the NC legislature to eventually pass similar carry laws re: restaurants/businesses that serve/sell alcohol & other badly needed updates. Let's help ourselves & our fellow cc brothers/sisters in NC.
    Thank you in advance for passing this info along, mentioning it to a friend/neighbor or family member, etc.

*** Action Alert - The Time to Prepare is Now! ***

February 4, 2011

There is a critically important SC gun pro rights bill – H. 3292 - that could come up for consideration as early as next week in the SC House. GrassRoots GunRights is writing a detailed analysis of this huge and complicated bill as we speak. You will definitely want your voice heard in telling politicians to first fix - and then pass - this bill!

The most effective ways to get a politician to do what you want him to do is to send him a postcard. Phone calls are less effective, but work when time is too short to send postcards. Doing both is the best alternative. But, the postcards and phone calls only work when your postcards and phone calls are combined with the hundreds and thousands of other postcards and phone calls all coming in as part of an ORGANIZED MOVEMENT. To prove your postcards and phone calls are part of an ORGANIZED MOVEMENT, you must include the sentence “GRASSROOTS GUNRIGHTS SPEAKS FOR ME!” whenever you communicate with politicians. This way, the politicians will know that if they want to amend a bill, it needs to pass muster with YOUR VOICE - GrassRoots GunRights.

Politicians do NOT read your letters, faxes, or postcards. But, politicians do count them - and the more they get, the more they feel compelled to do what you want done.

As long time GrassRoots GunRights supporters know, many times in the past GrassRoots has pre-printed orange post cards and mailed them to you so you could sign the post cards, put postage on them and mail them to politicians. The orange post card has become a signature of GrassRoots GunRights with politicians.

In this new “digital” world, things happen faster than ever before. When politicians announce on a Friday afternoon - which may well happen today - that a gun-related bill will be on a meeting agenda for the following week, there is simply not enough time to design, print, and mail post cards to you so that you can then sign them, apply postage, and have the post cards received by politicians prior to the following week’s meeting. Since the attacks on 9-11, mail to politicians also can undergo increased screening.

These factors impede the ability of groups like GrassRoots GunRights to wage a “rapid response” campaign using the U.S. mail.

But GrassRoots has found a solution to this problem!

GrassRoots GunRights will deliver a detailed analysis of the pro gun legislation along with proposed amendments to fix the problems to every politician that needs to see it. GrassRoots will post this detailed analysis on our web site. This allows you to see exactly what GrassRoots leaders are saying to the politicians. See note at end for why we do not include the analysis as an attachment.

GrassRoots leaders are nothing without YOU backing them up! GrassRoots leaders are simply YOUR VOICE at the statehouse. But, YOU - along with the hundreds and thousands of other GrassRoots supporters - are the POWER of GrassRoots! It is only because of the hundreds and thousands of postcards you send to politicians that the politicians are forced to listen to YOUR VOICE – the GrassRoots GunRights leadership.

GrassRoots will create PDF versions of our signature post cards and post them on our website. You will be able to download and print out postcards using these PDF files. Ideally, you will use orange card stock, but any color will work. Then, sign the postcards, put a return address on them, apply postage and mail them to lawmakers.

The postcards will tell politicians everything they need to know – “GrassRoots GunRights Speaks for ME!”, and do what the GrassRoots GunRights analysis says to do. If everyone does their part, we can get pro gun legislation enacted into law!

But to make this happen, GrassRoots needs your help. Time is short! GrassRoots asks you to go out and buy orange card stock (or any other color if you can not find orange) and 28 cent stamps right now! Card stock should be 65# and bright orange (or any other color if you can not find orange) which can normally be found at Office Depot, Office Max, Staples, WalMart or Kmart for about $12 for 250 sheets. Purchase 28 cent stamps at the U.S. Post Office.

Within the next few days, GrassRoots will ask you to send out postcards and make some phone calls on a very important pro gun bill that needs to be fixed before passage, so you will need to already have the orange card stock and postage ready.

Please go out and purchase a supply of orange card stock and 28 cent stamps right now! Time is short.

Again, GrassRoots will provide the detailed analysis about the proposed pro gun legislation within the next few days. And you need to be ready to act immediately.

Bill Rentiers
    Executive Office
    http://www.scfirearms.org/
    http://www.scfirearms.org/Legislativ...ionUpdate.html

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Does SC still require those silly red poka-dots on all liquor stores?

Now if only NC would allow me to enter a flippin' Chili's for lunch while packin'.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Just registered with Grassroots! Will be watching this one.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    Well, I know a lot of people in Georgia will be happy about that change (if it comes to pass). Now if SC can get rid of some of their Blue Laws.
    Blue laws are finally starting to evaporate. Aiken recently got rid of theirs. It used to drive me nuts when I'd stop by Walmart on my way home from church, and half of the stuff in my basket would have to stay. You could buy razor blades, but not drill bits - it was stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Does SC still require those silly red poka-dots on all liquor stores?...
    For some reason, I love those red dots. I don't even drink anymore, but to me that was the 'old south'.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    If that passes im in heaven because there are lakes I would love to fish in SC but I wont because I cant carry my sidearm there.

You are allowed to open carry in SC if you are hunting or fishing, no permit required (other than hunting/fishing license). You could carry in your glove box, latched console or other latchable container until you got out of your car without a permit.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    Not exactly true.
    If I'm not mistaken, You can carry on your boat; the same as you do in your car. If you do not have a recognized CCP, you'll have to stow it is the glove box or tackle bag however.

GrassRoots GunRights of SC has posted its analysis of H. 3292: http://www.scfirearms.org/Legislativ...2_analysis.pdf
    Visit my Winchester Ranger Talon page for current pricing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links