2006 Election Alert

This is a discussion on 2006 Election Alert within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It's not too early to be thinking about the 2006 Congressional elections. The Democrats are fighting hard to regain control of both Houses. If this ...

Thread: 2006 Election Alert

1943 - 2009

Exclamation 2006 Election Alert

It's not too early to be thinking about the 2006 Congressional elections. The Democrats are fighting hard to regain control of both Houses. If this happens, our 2A rights are in real danger.

Right now, the Senate is controlled by the GOP, 55 to 44 with one Independent. 15 Democrats and 14 Republicans are running for re-election in 2006.

In addition, four Senators are retiring. (2 Democrats, 1 Republican and 1 Independent). According to polls, two of these races are toss-ups and two are leaning Democratic.

The balance of power in the Senate could very easily shift to the Democrats by just a few contested races.

In the House of Representatives, all 435 seats are up for grabs. The House is currently controlled by the GOP, 231 to 201, with 1 Independent and 2 vacant seats. GOP control is on thin ice in the House. Do we really want Nancy Pelosi as Speaker Of The House?

We should all stay informed on the 2006 election races and issues. As for my state, Montana, our incumbent GOP Senator Conrad Burns is in real danger of being beat by his Democratic challenger, who might as well be Chuck Schumer's twin brother. On the plus side, our lone representative, Denny Rehberg (R) is a slam-dunk for re-election.

Remember you heard it here first: VOTE! Your right to keep and bear arms depends on it.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Terry - I fully endorse our need to vote - that should be a given for us all. Also yes - we must stay informed. Essential.

I will tho mention one aspect of things to do with elections, which is that on CC we want to keep heavy polital stuff out of the forums - as there are other places for deep political discussion.

Bumper is not wanting to deprived folks of their opinions but would wish for us to remain primarily concerned with carry and 2A issues - tho those are of course inextricably linked with everything political!

While I'll wager the vast majority of us are on the same essential political page - politics, along with religion, ethnic matters and so on are potentially very hot topics - and can so easily lead to over-heated debates that can go South.

So - all I am saying is - or asking - is that we on CC keep discussion on this to a relatively superficial level with no hardcore aguments. Just trying to be up front before we get any closer to elections
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Just remember: ALL legislation that must be FUNDED to proceed....that funding begins in the House of Representatives!

"They" (gun grabbers in both parties -- but the Dems have it as part of their platofrm) have to hang onto ALL of their seats AND take more. All politics is local and these days there is a general throw the bums out attitude in the country so everybody is at risk. We mayt lose a few and gain a few so if we're at all lucky we hold the status quo.

The Senate is where I worry about ratification of UN Treaties. And Supreme Court Justices. Period.

The White House...well.....I'm really worried that McCain or Rudy or another gun grabbing RINO may win the Republican nomination in which case it may be worth the GAMBLE for gun owners to SPANK the Republicans into remembering who comprises their BASE and who sent ALGORE home with his tail betwixt his legs. It is a definite risk....but who DARES wins.....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Myself i'm fed up with the politicans at the federal level. Last election everyone even myself was saying Now that the Republicans control everything we will get rid of most of the anti-gun laws. They have done nothing for us! All i've see is the Constitution get PI**ED ON. Look who the Republicans are pushing to run in 08. McCain. At a Federal level I for one will vote Constitution Party. YOur right about all the house up for election. That is way nothing will be done with the Southern Borders. But wait no matter who gets in. Right after the Election the House will go along with the Senate Bill.
    Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.
    — John F. Kennedy

Whoa!

Quote Originally Posted by lostone1413
    Now that the Republicans control everything we will get rid of most of the anti-gun laws. They have done nothing for us! All i've see is the Constitution get PI**ED ON. Look who the Republicans are pushing to run in 08. McCain.
    Hold on. You think that if the DEMS had control in 2004 the AWB and the mag ban would have been allowed to expire? No way! We'd have those babies for eternity!

Myself, I'm hoping TOM TANCREDO runs for President. He might win running on the immigration issue alone. He's written a book that's shot into the top 10 on amazon about the selling of Americas borders. Don't be too cynical. If there's a glimmer of HOPE in the Presidential nominations please vote a major party. Here's the rationale speaking as a teacher of American Government:

We were designed as a TWO PARTY political system. If you look at the history of 3rd parties, they serve as spoilers. Ask Bush #41 about Ross Perot in '92 and ALGORE about Ralph Nader in 2000.

Yes there might be a valid reason the vote to be a spoiler in order to SPANK the 'Pubbies for their negligence of the Bill of Rights, but remember the risk we run in doing that. Parties advance agendas. Parties in CONTROL have their agenda before the public 24/7. We could watch all our hard work for the last eight years go down the tubes and there is still a lot to be thankful for....especially at the state levels. Because we really haven't had to fight antigun bills tooth and nail we could pour our political capital into the states and look at the advancements THERE! Castle Doctrine reform sweeps the country. Bills preventing confiscating guns by the stae sweep across the country. Bills making gun permit info confidential.....there is a lot we're getting done. Reciprocity stuff is popping everywhere.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Links