Magazine Size Limit

This is a discussion on Magazine Size Limit within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by BlackShadow0 I wanted to tell them that if everyone in the crowd was armed, the guy wouldn't last 4 seconds ( ), ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Magazine Size Limit

Quote Originally Posted by BlackShadow0 View Post
    I wanted to tell them that if everyone in the crowd was armed, the guy wouldn't last 4 seconds (), but libs don't seem to want to listen to that argument. Go figure. And with 3 liberal roommates against one, I need to pick my battles.
    Naw, you need be more careful picking your roommates... Seriously, debate can be stimulating and enjoyable when both parties agree not to get wrapped around the axle by the issues. You have your stance, they have theirs, but the sad part is when a different point of view gets in the way of an otherwise good friendship.
    The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    OP here. That's what I told my friends. Either that or he would just have another gun on him so he wouldn't have to reload. My friends' point was that with higher capacity magazines, a shooter could keep up the fire (and do more damage) before needing to reload when he could be stopped (By unarmed people of course). I believe the shooter in Arizona was tackled or something when he finally needed to reload. I still think that capacity restrictions are ridiculously stupid, but I'm not a very good debater and kind of got hung up on that one. That's when I turned to you guys for an answer.

I wanted to tell them that if everyone in the crowd was armed, the guy wouldn't last 4 seconds (), but libs don't seem to want to listen to that argument. Go figure. And with 3 liberal roommates against one, I need to pick my battles.
    The shooters downfall was the 30 round magazine. I've read that either the spring failed on the second one and then he dropped it or he dropped it trying to get out out of his pocket and into the gun and then the injured woman on the ground grabbed it and then was disarmed by the older gentleman. Had he a bunch of smaller 15s which are easier to handle it might of been able to reload faster and not have an issue. It doesn't take a lot of time to switch magazines, we are talking maybe 2 seconds for someone with moderate practice (which you can do in your living room with an unloaded pistol) and there are people that can change them so fast you can barely see what they are doing. Neither of which is a long enough time for an untrained unarmed person to come in and take control. And a well trained shooter could probably get off 30 rounds with two magazine changes just as fast and with more accuracy as well.

OP here. That's what I told my friends. Either that or he would just have another gun on him so he wouldn't have to reload. My friends' point was that with higher capacity magazines, a shooter could keep up the fire (and do more damage) before needing to reload when he could be stopped (By unarmed people of course). I believe the shooter in Arizona was tackled or something when he finally needed to reload. I still think that capacity restrictions are ridiculously stupid, but I'm not a very good debater and kind of got hung up on that one. That's when I turned to you guys for an answer.

Do you mean a "New York reload"? Let's Google, shall we

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=New+York+reload&l=1
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Another benefit for the hi-cap Glock mags is if you have a Keltec carbine that accepts them (snipped picture)
    Another able recipe for zombies
    Sub2000. I have one with a Glock receiver. Good gun. It should be handy around an office or home. I dislike the way it's locked "for safety", anyone using the lock should get several extra "keys", or put a slot in the, whatever it's called, so they can use a coin or screwdriver.

Distinguished Member
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone know where they came up with the magic 10 number for the first ban?

The only words you need to know when thinking about gun control...

"Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons."
    "The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
    —Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

..............end of argument.
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by hotguns View Post
    i've got a better idea. Rather than pass legislation that repealed once before because it had no effect whatsoever other than to limit and hinder law abiding citizens, let just make it illegal to use a gun to kill someone with.

Oh wait, that is already illegal.

Lets make it illegal to kill someone whether it be a rock, a gun with a 10 round magazine or a gun with a 33 round magazine.

Ahh crap. Thats already illegal too.

Here is an idea. Lets instead penalize every citizen in america that has not murdered anyone and limit their their magazine capacity to make them less dangerous.

I am genuinely concerned for our country when people use stupid,irrational arguments that don't make sense and often emotion to pass a law...like a law actually prevents people from going berserk and killing someone. If they are too stupid to understand such a simple concept, perhaps we should make it illegal for any legislator, politician,city council,state senate, congress or president to pass laws that do nothing but serve to help weak minded people feel better about themselves, and that,is all this magazine limitation is about.
    very well said, hotguns :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links