http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/20110...ucson-shooting

This is a free feature and woth the read. A few qoutes:
"
While there have been approximately 20 assassination attempts against U.S. presidents, four of which were successful, attacks on members of Congress and local judges are much more rare. There have been only five recorded attempts against members of the U.S. House of Representatives, including the attack on Gabrielle Giffords. And two of those five attacks resulted from disputes between representatives (one of which was a duel in 1838).

Read more: Congressional Security and the Tucson Shooting | STRATFOR "

"
On Dec. 13, Loughner wrote on his MySpace page “I’m ready to kill a police officer!” Tucson police or the Pima County Sheriff’s office may have investigated this threat as well as others. Sheriff Clarence Dupnik said there had already been law enforcement contacts with Loughner in which “he made threats to kill.”

Read more: Congressional Security and the Tucson Shooting | STRATFOR "

There is no rational case to change or add any laws.

When you have someone who gains this much attention from Local law enforcement, and you don't even look to see that he has armed himself, the law broken is comman sense.

I know that many people own guns in Arazona, but, how many have made threats to kill? And after such threats, there are ways to suppress his 2end ammendment rights, without affecting mine. This man demonstrated he was crazy, made threats to kill, was allowed to buy a gun and was not investigated and disarmed!

This where the law makers attention should be focussed.