We the people are not animals

This is a discussion on We the people are not animals within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We the people We the people are not animals! We are certainly endowed with basic rights, including the right to bear arms and the right ...

Thread: We the people are not animals

Sponsor

We the people
    We the people are not animals! We are certainly endowed with basic rights, including the right to bear arms and the right to pursue happiness, and that one is a tough one because happiness means a lot of things for a lot of people.

Along our history we the people had to be taught on how to respect others rights and liberties, we've had to learn why equality is so important at a base level, and why and how we should respect life, ours and everyone else's life.

Why do we have to be taught often about it? because sometimes we forget everyone has the same rights or we might think our rights to be more important than other peoples, that is why.

The right to own and carry arms is no different, you and me and everyone has the right to know that the guy next door is a responsible gun owner and a basic 5 hour training as it is required in some states like Oklahoma is the bare minimum.

Legal implications explained by a lawyer expert in the matter are essential.
    Things one should never attempt to do with a weapon unto other people are included here along with the fact that taking upon us to impart justice will land us in the slammer or get us killed.

An arms instructor then goes to explain gun safety as in what one should never attempt, like shooting one's foot and such along with basic safety practices.

The cost is about $60.00, well nothing is free, neither is our guns or the ammo we are going to purchase by the boatloads, after all like someone said in a movie we are not communists, so we have to pay or way.

That is what it is, is not meant to make anyone happy but safe, and if anyone has anything against it, honestly should move to Mexico where one ca shoot people just because is the popular to do.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that there is a lot of us guys which would have liked to be in the scene of the Arizona shooting or see a legit gun owner put one in the head of that idiot before he got away with hurting so many people.

Those people killed had rights, they had the right to have their lives protected, for once and that is why it is necessary to set the record straight.

If we want to defend our right to carry arms, that has to be our starting point, if there had been a responsible, well trained gun owner close to the perp, that tragedy could have been averted. At the same time we should demand from state authorities, not the federal government, to carry the necessary checks to make it difficult for some idiot to do this again.

I'm ready to do what is necessary to protect the second amendment, If I have to prove that I am a responsible citizen, as everyone should,I will, because if there is something to prove that would be the thing IMO.

A clean record is a good start, to keep felons from purchasing guns is another, including Martha Stewart and Tom Delay.

We are the people, not animals, not only should we demand to be treated as such but also behave in a that manner to be heard in this matter, blaming guns ( which in fact are just tools) or gun owner for this massacre is just like blaming golf clubs or golfers because and idiot hurt someone with a golf club.

Peace. Gato
    Go with the glow

2. Remove Ads

Good point. Animals we are not.......human slaves is a different story. Kudos to you letting out your feelings in words. Are you ready, willing, and able to march on your state capitol or Washington DC tomorrow to make your voice really heard? I'm assuming everyone here is a registered voter? Contributing member to a Pro 2A foundation? Team player? Who's willing to die for the cause? Internet rants are just that....black and white, and talk. When and where are we going to actually make a difference?

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    As I recall, everyone, including felons, could buy guns through the mail prior to 1968. The crime rate was low prior to 1964 (which includes the era in which felons could possess and carry firearms), roughly the start of the nanny state era, and climbed with nannystatism. The original poster starts from a false premise, that gun laws are the problem, we just need to find the right gun laws. No, the problem lies elsewhere.

I am, however, in favor of requiring everyone to attend gun safety classes and self defense classes, but as a requirement for graduating from high school, and nothing to do with buying or carrying guns directly.

Quote Originally Posted by gatopardo View Post
    We the people
    A clean record is a good start, to keep felons from purchasing guns is another, including Martha Stewart and Tom Delay.

We are the people, not animals, Peace. Gato
    I disagree that you have to have a clean record or not be a felon to purchase a gun.........as humans we should be able to live our past mistakes down.....after all we are humans and we are making the rules as we go.........a lot of rules as we go..........I mean a bunch of freaking rules.......(oops human anger issue)

Links