Senate Votes to Protect Second Amendment Rights During Emergencies - Page 2

Senate Votes to Protect Second Amendment Rights During Emergencies

This is a discussion on Senate Votes to Protect Second Amendment Rights During Emergencies within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "...while looters and rapists and thugs ran rampant and honest citizens were left to their own devices to protect themselves, their families and their neighbors." ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Senate Votes to Protect Second Amendment Rights During Emergencies

"...while looters and rapists and thugs ran rampant and honest citizens were left to their own devices to protect themselves, their families and their neighbors."

Someone please explain to me how this is different from any normal day.

Administrative Ban Array Red Stick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by randytulsa2
    snip... I wonder, though, about just what you're supposed to do IF the LEO's/Nat'l Guard IGNORE the law and confiscate anyway?

Can you sue'em? (suin' 'em won't do you any good if they take your guns and some scumbag rioter kills you, but it might help your family down the road)....

Is disarming the populace under such conditions a prosecutable felony, as it should be?

Are you immune from RESISTING, including resistance up to and including deadly force, such an illegal order? snip..
    I hate to sound extreme but I'm afraid that's the way it's going to read but,...
    I am afraid that should I ever find myself in a situation where NG/LEO/whatever are attempting to illegally disarm me under color of law I will see no other option except to respond with deadly force. At that point all the badges and uniforms in the world would mean nothing more to me than the red or blue 'Colors' worn by bangers on the street. They are following an unlawful order and denying me EXACTILY what the 2nd admendment was written for.

Unhappy Nobody Can Answer Fully Until It HAPPENS

Quote Originally Posted by Red Stick
    I hate to sound extreme but I'm afraid that's the way it's going to read but.....
    I am afraid that should I ever find myself in a situation where NG/LEO/whatever are attempting to illegally disarm me under color of law I will see no other option except to respond with deadly force. At that point all the badges and uniforms in the world would mean nothing more to me than the red or blue 'Colors' worn by bangers on the street. They are following an unlawful order and denying me EXACTLY what the 2nd admendment was written for.
    I think I'd have to be convinced it was MAD MAX or the ROAD WARRIOR time before I'd go that route. Look at New Orleans. Yes it was a terrible situation, but ORDER did return and the infrastructure was restored. National action came about as a result of the gun grabs. Also action at the state level where it's far more important.

If a person had killed a LEO, he'd survive in the short term, but don't think they wouldn't come for him when things got better. I'd rather have a cache of stuff to turn over and something squirreled away maybe buried off site to turn to just in case. Because you might do okay in the short run, but your family would have to do without you for the rest of their lives afterward.

PLUS you'd be an example for the antigun crowd to hold up for even tougher laws! You'd be the Brady's Poster Boy of the Millennium! Those durn NRA nuts have finally gone off the deep end...yada yada yada....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Vitter Amendment means nothing

Quote Originally Posted by blueyedevil
    "The Vitter Amendment prohibits the use of federal funds to seize firearms or restrict firearms possession, except in the circumstances allowed by current federal or state law."

Is it just me or does this pretty much make the whole ammendment ineffectual?
    As far as I'm concerned, the amendment is a farce. The Vitter Amendment does not make it unlawful for them to seize firearms or restrict possession - it only make it unlawful for them to use federal funds to do it. Well, they can get the federal funds to do other stuff & free up the state & local funds to do as they please, and still not technically break the law.

Just like the Musgrave Amendment which recently passed the House - a lot of folks are saying that it "bans" mandatory trigger locks. Not so! It only says that no funds will be made available for the Justice Dept to carry out the penalties section of the trigger lock law. The trigger lock law is still in effect. And what can be de-funded can also be re-funded at a later date.

There's an old saying: Keep your enemies close, and your "friends" closer.

LibertyGal
    Requiring a license makes it illegal to do something that was lawful before the license was required.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links