NYC suing 5 states....

This is a discussion on NYC suing 5 states.... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.nyc.gov/portal/index.jsp?...&rc=1194&ndi=1 BS if you ask me If you live near marietta GA here is a rally to support 1 of the gun shops http://bloombergfightbackfund.com/_wsn/page2.html I'll ...

Thread: NYC suing 5 states....

NYC suing 5 states....

http://www.nyc.gov/portal/index.jsp?...&rc=1194&ndi=1

BS if you ask me

If you live near marietta GA here is a rally to support 1 of the gun shops
    http://bloombergfightbackfund.com/_wsn/page2.html

I'll be emailing Bloomberg shortly

2. Remove Ads

my message...

Sir,

I think you are barking up the wrong tree with this gun shop lawsuit. This is your right, and you may feel this is necessary for your city. I disagree. I am asking that if your lawsuit finds ANY of these gun shops not guilty of your accusations, you make a public apology to each and every shop on CNN/FOX news and your local newspapers. You may want to consider reimbursing these shops the cost of legal fees as well. That would be the right thing to do. If your lawsuit finds ANY of these gun shops guilty of your accusations, I will email you and everyone else I contacted, an apology. I think as an elected official you are trying to do the right thing for the people of your city, but I think you are going about it the wrong way. You might also want to look at allowing your citizens their 2nd amendment right to arm themselves.

Thank you for your time,

SSGT.Kirk xxxxxxx USMC

Assistant Administrator
    IIRC Bloomberg has severely p'd off the Feds and/or ATF doing this if I recall some news feedback.

Part of the problem was seemingly getting folks to set up stings to entrap - and some of this seems to smell of bad fish. So whether the ''legitimacy'' stands up I am as yet not sure as of now.

Not sure who I regard with more contempt - him or Daly. Chicago and NYC should ''twin up'' and locate somewhere off the Atlantic coast
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Didn't I hear that Bloomberg has delusions of running for the Presidency someday?
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Holy crap....I know Jim Mintz from that investigative company.....I probably know most of the investigators too.....
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

VIP Member
    Straw Man Purchase? I want to see how they are planning to prove intent on that one.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    It would be very, very interesting to see the files from any civil enforcement actions ATF has taken with regard to those dealers. If ATF has found recordkeeping violations for them, it bodes ill for them.

OTOH, if ATF has done inspections and found nothing wrong, and has had no complaints against them, and all NY has to go on is a few straw purchases and some guns that were found in NYC illegally, then NYC will probably lose.

Since this is a state sueing another in another state, couldn't the gun shops just file 13 the sapenas(sp)? I mean, they would have to be extridited to NY and if they never go to NY then they would have nothing to worry about. They could just stick up the middle finger when the state demands payment (if they won).

Now, if it's in a federal court that would be another thing.... right?

(I'm about as much of a lawyer as I am a rocket scientist and I ain't neither lol)

Wayne

Senior Moderator
    What I am waiting to see is some action taken against the investigators. Bloomberg has precisely zero authority to authorize someone to go to another state and commit a crime as part of an investigation.

And that is exactly what they did when the filed the falsified from 4473s during this "investigation".

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Administrator
    This is all going to backfire big time on Bloomberg.
    Just my prediction on that.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Moderator
    This is one registered Republican voter that won't ever cast a vote for him for any elected office.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Bloomberg isn't a Republican, not really. There is no such thing as a Conservative Republican here in New York -- only liberals and slightly-less-liberals. In New York City the label "Republican" has even less meaning.

I hate my state.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Elmore

I hate my state.
    Ditto

Links