Great pro 2A editorial in local paper

This is a discussion on Great pro 2A editorial in local paper within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, I was going to let NC Bullseye post it here too. But since he has not, I'll completely steal his idea from another board. ...

Thread: Great pro 2A editorial in local paper

Well, I was going to let NC Bullseye post it here too. But since he has not, I'll completely steal his idea from another board. Don't tell him.

With all the anti stuff swirling around, it's time for a breath of fresh air. This may be the best thing I have ever read from this paper.

"The notion that American citizens who defend themselves against violence is “taking the law into their own hands” is reprehensible palaver.

There is no legal, moral or constitutional obligation in the United States to be a victim."

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2...ple-ar-687016/
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Thanks for covering my brain fade. Was going to and.....

Oh look a puppy!

What was the question?

Thanks for posting! It's nice to read common sense for a change!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I like this editorial.

When I looked it had one Reader comment.

If the reader wants real information, he or she will have to look beyound what ever liberal, gun hating, sterio type splewing, club they belong to.

The reader comment:

"-1CLEARPosted by johnplatinum on Jan. 13, 2011 - 5:20 p.m.
    It is a right for everyone to arm themselves if they are so fearful of being in public. I think guns are for cowards and the only purpose they serve is to make some people feel more secure just as a teddy bear helps some children sleep at night. I think the same lax gun control laws that guard against everyone's right to bear arms are the same laws which allowed this disturbed individual to buy a weapon that was used to shoot 20 innocent people. And the argument that so many gun nuts use is that if more people carried concealed weapons then these incidents would not occur. That argument doesn't hold up in this instance because Arizona has some of the most lenient gun control laws in the country and anyone can carry a concealed weapon without a permit. Yet one person who was carrying a concealed weapon almost shot an innocent bystander after he had wrestled the handgun away from the shooter. It is not like in the movies where Clint Eastwood holds a gun with one hand and fires away, people freeze under the pressure. Show me one instance where someone legally carrying a gun saved lives and I will give you another 100 examples of children being killed or criminals stealing the guns. Everyone has the right to have a gun but handguns are only made to kill people. If you need to defend your home get a shotgun. If you are too scared to leave your home without a weapon then maybe you should stay home. At the very least they should ban the extended magazines that allowed this shooter to get off 30 shots. If you need to shoot more than 30 times to defend yourself then you have business owning a gun."
    PT145, CZ52, PM for carry. Lots of others to look at

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dylistn View Post
    IYet one person who was carrying a concealed weapon almost shot an innocent bystander after he had wrestled the handgun away from the shooter.
    Too bad this reader doesn't really have a clue. His gun never left the holster and he went hands on since he recognized it was at slide lock and no shooting was going on. Sounds like very good judgement to me. There was no one almost getting shot. The facts never make a good story though.

And I'm a coward because I have a gun? Please. It's the gangbangers and criminals that are cowards, I just leveled the playing field.

This is the type of guy that we need to patrol the Arizona border. He doesn't need a weapon, can handle it all by himself, because he's BRAVE!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Bravo! Somebody got it right.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Sponsored Links