Rep. McCarthy Intros Bill to Ban High-Capacity Ammo Clips

This is a discussion on Rep. McCarthy Intros Bill to Ban High-Capacity Ammo Clips within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In the aftermath of the attempted murder of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords earlier this month, lawmakers on Capitol Hill have proposed a cluster of gun control ...

Thread: Rep. McCarthy Intros Bill to Ban High-Capacity Ammo Clips

In the aftermath of the attempted murder of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords earlier this month, lawmakers on Capitol Hill have proposed a cluster of gun control measures ranging from a ban to knowingly carrying a firearm within 1,000 feet of certain high-profile government officials to a proposal to allow members of Congress to carry firearms in the U.S. Capitol.

Rep. Carolyn McCarthy formally introduced her own bill on the House floor Tuesday that would ban high-capacity ammunition clips like the one Jared Loughner used to gun down 19 individuals in the Tucson shooting Jan. 8.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/201...mmo-clips.html
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Yeah makes perfect since,until somebody uses a 308 deer rifle,then when they wanta ban anything larger than a 22,then a slingshot,then Compound bows with hunting tips
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I've asked this question before, are the "certain high-profile government officials", going to wear a flag like on the old dune buggies so we can tell where they are?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    In the aftermath of the attempted murder of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords earlier this month, lawmakers on Capitol Hill have proposed a cluster of gun control measures ranging from a ban to knowingly carrying a firearm within 1,000 feet of certain high-profile government officials to a proposal to allow members of Congress to carry firearms in the U.S. Capitol.

Rep. Carolyn McCarthy formally introduced her own bill on the House floor Tuesday that would ban high-capacity ammunition clips like the one Jared Loughner used to gun down 19 individuals in the Tucson shooting Jan. 8.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/201...mmo-clips.html
    How the heck are they going to prove that one in court. Thought police, Minority Report...Did the Govt' finally get that prototype crystal ball working?
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Fortunately, its going nowhere in this congress. As a side note, we should be thankful she does not want to ban high capacity magazines, just clips...
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

We all need to stop this rhetoric. There will be no successful control laws passed anytime soon. All this continued talk and posting of such things will do is create inflated prices and an unjustified run on items creating shortages .

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Fortunately, its going nowhere in this congress. As a side note, we should be thankful she does not want to ban high capacity magazines, just clips...
    BTW, I did a Google search for a "high capacity clip" and this is one of the things I came up with:

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

VIP Member
    Considering her vast knowledge of firearms nomenclature I wonder if she really knows what she wants to ban.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Considering her vast knowledge of firearms nomenclature I wonder if she really knows what she wants to ban.
    She wants to ban everything, especially "that shoulder thing that goes up."

In other news, the sun rose in the east today...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

VIP Member
    I think her actual quote was:
    "....ban high capacity ammunition."
    Which makes as much sense as her 'shoulder thingie' quote....
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    We all need to stop this rhetoric. There will be no successful control laws passed anytime soon. All this continued talk and posting of such things will do is create inflated prices and an unjustified run on items creating shortages .
    Yup, spot on.

Senior Moderator
    You'd have though we'd learned our lesson about crusading legislators named McCarthy a long time ago....

Make sure you write your Representative and make your feelings known. I just wrote my Representative:

Dear Representative Adams,

I am writing you as a constituent to urge you to oppose H.R. 308, the "Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act", recently introduced by Rep. McCarthy.

This bill serves no useful purpose, and instead seeks to punish millions of responsible Americans who own firearms for sport or protection. These millions of Americans commit no crimes, and endanger no one.

If enacted, HR 308 would prohibit the importation, possession or transfer of firearm magazines holding more that 10 rounds of ammunition. While many gun control advocates will claim that this only impacts a tiny percentage of firearm owners, the truth is that the majority of firearms sold today have magazines larger that 10 rounds.

Most importantly, this legislation is simply a dust-off of the same ban we had in place between 1994 and 2004 - and it as never shown to stop a single crime or save a single life. It is simply an unwarranted interference with the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans.

It is my hope that you will work to ensure that the House does not pass HR 308.

Sincerely,
    Matt *******
    You can find your legislator on www.house.gov and contact them via email through their site.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    LOL @ all of your replies. In a good way haha
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I just emailed my representative.
    Thanks for the link.

Sponsored Links