Dick Cheney sells out - Page 2

Dick Cheney sells out

This is a discussion on Dick Cheney sells out within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I can't friggin believe some of what I'm reading here. 1st- I can't see in the OP where Chaney sold out. Being willing to to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dick Cheney sells out

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I can't friggin believe some of what I'm reading here.
    1st- I can't see in the OP where Chaney sold out. Being willing to to discuss something is NOT selling out. (That's the way ADULTS do things.)

2nd- I think BHO is the absoulute worst POSPOTUS this country has ever seen; and Joe Biden is the biggest embaressment ever to have the title of VP.

BUT!!!

You will not here me making any snide & childish remarks that "imply" I would like to do them any harm.

SO, if some of the big talking keyboard commandos want to do something real "manly', why not list some posts implying you would like to see harm come to our current POTUS or VP?

My guess is it's just a case of false bravado that I'm reading.

I thought this was a classy forum with a more "mature" membership roll. (But today, I find myself ashamed of this forum.)

there's no reason to be ashamed of the forum... a good forum allows for a diversity of opinion.

As to Vice President Cheney, I have no time for him, and am finding less and less time for any of our politicians on either (or any) side of the fence.

As to the regulation or legislation of inanimate objects, I find it absurd. If we were to completely abolish the 2nd, and eradicate firearms completely from the hands of criminals and law enforcement... and even governments, crime would not cease, deadly crime would not decrease, and war would not end.

The human animal is able to make any inanimate object into a deadly weapon.

While I have no use for a 30 round magazine for a pistol, I'm sure some excuse can be made to own one. So be it.

As for the tragedy in Tucson; any one of us (on this forum or from the general population) with even a modicum of training, could have caused as much carnage as a crazy man did, while using no more than a standard issue magazine.

Had the crazy been unable to purchase a weapon, there would have been no stopping him from taking a vehicle and driving into the crowd. Would we then have considered further regulating automobiles, the horsepower thereof, the top speed possible in any vehicle?

Inanimate objects are not the problem.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    1st- I can't see in the OP where Chaney sold out. Being willing to to discuss something is NOT selling out. (That's the way ADULTS do things.)

2nd- I think BHO is the absoulute worst POSPOTUS this country has ever seen; and Joe Biden is the biggest embaressment ever to have the title of VP.

BUT!!!

You will not here me making any snide & childish remarks that "imply" I would like to do them any harm.

SO, if some of the big talking keyboard commandos want to do something real "manly', why not list some posts implying you would like to see harm come to our current POTUS or VP?

I thought this was a classy forum with a more "mature" membership roll. (But today, I find myself ashamed of this forum.)
    Dont feel ashamed of the forum. The forum has posted its rules about how to conduct yourself and the fact it supports free speech. However there are some topics with which you can highly disagree with that in no way should reflect the forum in general. These sames rules I have even broken from time to time. Just gotta overlook some threads and/or posts every now and then.

OP I take no bias for or against this thread. Just interjecting with a general statement.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Sponsor
    Who is Chaney? Lon Chaney?
    Go with the glow

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    dick cheney = nincompoop
    I disagree...he is no dummy by any means. He is a masterful tactician, and the things that he has probabaly caused to occur/be planned over his long and storied political career are kept from the light of day for a good reason. Think of him as the Emperor in Star Wars, staying behind the scenes for the most part manipulating the enitre battle. He should never be underestimated.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    I disagree...he is no dummy by any means. He is a masterful tactician, and the things that he has probabaly caused to occur/be planned over his long and storied political career are kept from the light of day for a good reason. Think of him as the Emperor in Star Wars, staying behind the scenes for the most part manipulating the enitre battle. He should never be underestimated.
    Now I have to say I'll never see him the same way, I'm talking "Return of the Jedi" EVIL, but very accurate.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    there's no reason to be ashamed of the forum... a good forum allows for a diversity of opinion.

As to Vice President Cheney, I have no time for him, and am finding less and less time for any of our politicians on either (or any) side of the fence.

As to the regulation or legislation of inanimate objects, I find it absurd. If we were to completely abolish the 2nd, and eradicate firearms completely from the hands of criminals and law enforcement... and even governments, crime would not cease, deadly crime would not decrease, and war would not end.

The human animal is able to make any inanimate object into a deadly weapon.

While I have no use for a 30 round magazine for a pistol, I'm sure some excuse can be made to own one. So be it.

As for the tragedy in Tucson; any one of us (on this forum or from the general population) with even a modicum of training, could have caused as much carnage as a crazy man did, while using no more than a standard issue magazine.

Had the crazy been unable to purchase a weapon, there would have been no stopping him from taking a vehicle and driving into the crowd. Would we then have considered further regulating automobiles, the horsepower thereof, the top speed possible in any vehicle?

Inanimate objects are not the problem.
    This is a post I can repect and agree with 100%.

Thanks Oakchas.

Thanks to you tango; as well.

I just find talking about how you would like to cause a man's heart to fail and wish him death, to be highly distasteful & juvenile. Maybe, I'm just a little short tempered today. (Sorry guys)

Hell, he shot a lawyer, how much more can the man give?

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Hell, he shot a lawyer, how much more can the man give?
    +1 here

Look, it's really simple how to tell whether or not to trust a man, and a politician specifically. If said man has to make excuses for his support or lack of support for any bill or resolution such as "I'm a hunter too", or "I believe in the environment too", or "INSERT LIE OF CHOICE HERE", then don't trust him/her. A mans actions over the years should speak volumes to his true intent.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post

BUT!!!

The Bush administration was FOR the assault weapons ban, which obviously included "hi-cap" magazines. Cheney was a sellout like long ago, and the people on this forum who point that out are not suddenly "childish" and worthy of shame because of it. Being an adult means standing up for what is right, not sitting there talking about how it's ok to go and violate the Constitution that much more. Cheney is a pile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links