For those of you who are supporting a compromise to ban any magazine over 10 rounds..

For those of you who are supporting a compromise to ban any magazine over 10 rounds..

This is a discussion on For those of you who are supporting a compromise to ban any magazine over 10 rounds.. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Please watch this, it is exactly what I am saying. First hicap mags, then what?: http://revolutionarypolitics.tv/vide...video_id=12439 This is why I get so incensed that some ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those of you who are supporting a compromise to ban any magazine over 10 rounds..

Please watch this, it is exactly what I am saying. First hicap mags, then what?:

http://revolutionarypolitics.tv/vide...video_id=12439

This is why I get so incensed that some "firearm owners" and "hunters" think it is ok to ban something just because THEY do not have or see a use for them.

United we stand, divided we fall. It is that simple.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Honestly who's supporting this? Secondly it probably wont happen for at least 2 more years, the congress is held strongly by the republicants who value their gun owning constituency. I know there was fear mongering about it, but we went through a period of totalitarian legislative control with the democraps and Lord Barak H Obama and they werent able to put through a weapons ban.

Stay alert and mindful and ready to strike back (Politically and through rule of law) but dont live in fear everyday.

Just my 2 cents.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

There are many "republicans" and nra backed fools like Harry Reid that are coming about on this issue....

I know many will disagree with me. I don't see any anti legislation being signed by Obama for 2 years. Despite what some may say he is a smart man and like most politicians are in it for themselves. He's starting he re-election campaign and I don't see him wanting to alienate so many people. If he gets re-elected, watch out...

VIP Member
    I think the message is clear, and I agree completely with it.

Oppose ANY and ALL restrictions and bans, it's only the beginning.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

While I personally don't see a practical use for 30 round pistol magazines, I also don't appreciate the kumquat. If someone else wants to eat Kumquats, more power to them...

Legislating inanimate objects is folly.

There I go again, comparing apples to oranges in a pear orchard.

You can't fix stupid, and you can't effectively legislate against inanimate objects.

Show me one "banned" item that is not posessed by, or used by, somebody who is not allowed to have it.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    ^^^^^^

What he said!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I don't own any 30+ round mags, don't intend to own any, but someone else want to, that's fine with me. If anyone wants to pump lead like it's coming from a firehose, I say let them. I'm more concerned with rounds on target than rounds at target.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Unfortunately, I would only count on our representatives and senators to remain pro 2nd amendment as long as the polls continue to swing that way. You get enough polls saying that the public wants to ban high capacity magazines and watch them jump all over themselves to pass it.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I think most people see right through this scam. First they only allow 10 rd. magazines, but as soon as there's a multiple shooting with a 10 rounder, they'll want to limit it to 5, then they'll want only single shot firearms, then of course, none at all.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I hope most people see through this, and that another foolish Clinton-style law does not get passed, now or ever. I remain skeptical, especially since almost the entire mainstream media seems to be pretty well lined up against gun ownership.

Administrator
    Question: ~~~> What good can come out of this?

Answer: ~~~> More Greater Cap magazines are being sold right now than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    I think the message is clear, and I agree completely with it.

Oppose ANY and ALL restrictions and bans, it's only the beginning.
    +1 I've seen that video before and I can hardly stand to watch and listen to all of those weapons being destroyed and hear their stories of guns that have been passed down from one generation to another only to be cut in half for a few pieces of silver. All we can do is stand together as AZCHEVY stated and prepare for the worst
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

There are many "republicans" and nra backed fools like Harry Reid that are coming about on this issue....
    Show me.

While I don't personally feel that a 33-round magazine would be useful for my circumstances, I certainly like having the option of 18 9mm with my SR9c. What I don't get is the arbitrary selection of 10 rounds in all the chatter I see on this topic.

Why is 10 rounds the magic number? Why not 7? or 14? What's special about 10? Is it because there are only 10 Commandments?

Now, if we had some major crime wave across the nation involving high-capacity mags, that'd be one thing, but some crazy doofus going loco with one should not impinge on the rights of all the law-abiding owners, so I'm totally opposed to any "compromise" on this issue. The problem isn't guns, it's about crazy people having too-easy access to them.

The law already prohibits sales to the mentally ill, so any steps taken to strengthen that framework are OK with me because that's just in accord with law already on the books. Like the NRA says, we don't need any new laws, we just need to enforce the ones that are in place.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links