WSJ Op Ed

This is a discussion on WSJ Op Ed within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Peggy Noonan weighed in on what OB should include in his state-of-the-union address: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...Tabs%3Darticle My response: "Ms. Noonan, I strongly disagree with your position regarding ...

Thread: WSJ Op Ed

WSJ Op Ed

Peggy Noonan weighed in on what OB should include in his state-of-the-union address:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...Tabs%3Darticle

My response:

"Ms. Noonan,

I strongly disagree with your position regarding extended magazines. Especially bothersome was your insinuation that only people who would do harm to others "need" these magazines.

I am heavily involved in competitive shooting through the International Defensive Pistol Association and know many, many shooters (myself included) who use extended magazines in our pistols and rifles almost daily. None of us would do harm to others...unless we are faced with an immediate, proximate threat to our lives.

Laws which I suppose you would support only place unconstitutional restrictions on those who would follow them. They make not one iota of difference to those who don't respect the rule of law.

If you are interested in learning more about the fun and camaraderie attendant with shooting sports I invite you to join me at the range for a session or two. The Journal has my e-mail address."

2. Remove Ads

But... but Peggy is a conservative!

Kinda tells you where we stand, doesn't it? Anyway, WSJ is a lost cause - they've been insane so long that nobody takes them seriously. They have a lot of bench-building to do.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

So, I have to subscribe to read Peggy? nope. not gonna happen, even with two weeks freee.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Links