Bill text and Poll, H.R. 308, the "Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act."

Bill text and Poll, H.R. 308, the "Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act."

This is a discussion on Bill text and Poll, H.R. 308, the "Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act." within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is information on the proposed 10+ round mag ban including the text of the bill. http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h112-308 Here is a poll at PopVox that I ...

Here is information on the proposed 10+ round mag ban including the text of the bill.
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h112-308

Here is a poll at PopVox that I would love to see show strong opposition.
    https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/112/hr308

I'm not affiliated with either site.

As a point of discussion, do you think anyone in congress looks at polls like these?

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Not to be over confident but this bill is DBA (Dead before Arrival). The 112th congress will never approve this mess right now.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    As usual, the government exempts itself from the law. Up to 10 years imprisonment for mere possession! The usual dimwits from California and NY/NJ are the majority of the co-sponsers.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I certainly hope this goes nowhere, but the fact that there was previously a similar law on the books and the current new environment makes me more concerned than I would normally be about a bill just entering committee.

As with most previous efforts of this kind it only effects those devices made after the bill becomes law, should it. That only leaves the hundred gazilliion or so already out there, unless they then come back and kill the grandfather. Still a dumb law.

While I have sympathy for the lady's loss, its a good thing it did not happen with a fork or she would have us all eating with spoons.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

I thought one of the rules of the new congress was that every bill had to show where it's Constitutional support came from.

Does anyone else find it ironic that it is bill 308?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    I thought one of the rules of the new congress was that every bill had to show where it's Constitutional support came from.

Does anyone else find it ironic that it is bill 308?
    Oh and I believe that the new congress knows how voltile the voters are now after this last election.

This was the biggest landslide turn of power in the history of the country. Dont think the politicians are aware of this. And they know all good and well that even voting yes for this 308bill would spell absolute career killing doom for them. Just opinion!
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

‘(ii) Clause (i) shall not apply to the possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed within the United States on or before the date of the enactment of this subsection.
    Will I be presumed innocent or will I need to be able to prove that I already had these hi-cap mags in my possession?
    Presumed innocent, what could I have been thinking.

Michael

High cap mags produced after bill the became law, if so, would be date/ser no stamped. Anything not date stamped would be presumed to have been mfgd prior.

(d) Identification Markings- Section 923(i) of such title is amended by adding at the end the following: ‘A large capacity ammunition feeding device manufactured after the date of the enactment of this sentence shall be identified by a serial number that clearly shows that the device was manufactured after such date of enactment, and such other identification as the Attorney General may by regulation prescribe.’.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member
    IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

January 18, 2011

Mrs. MCCARTHY of New York (for herself, Mr. CLAY, Ms. NORTON, Mr. WEINER, Ms. ESHOO, Mr. ISRAEL, Mrs. MALONEY, Mr. ACKERMAN, Mr. MORAN, Ms. MCCOLLUM, Mr. BRADY of Pennsylvania, Mr. SERRANO, Ms. PINGREE of Maine, Mr. GEORGE MILLER of California, Mr. MCGOVERN, Ms. HARMAN, Mr. PASCRELL, Ms. HIRONO, Mr. VAN HOLLEN, Mrs. LOWEY, Mr. NADLER, Ms. EDWARDS, Mr. HASTINGS of Florida, Ms. MATSUI, Ms. WATERS, Mr. CICILLINE, Ms. CHU, Mr. SHERMAN, Mr. HOLT, Mr. CONNOLLY of Virginia, Ms. SLAUGHTER, Mr. ELLISON, Mr. QUIGLEY, Mr. MEEKS, Mr. HIMES, Mr. HONDA, Mr. LANGEVIN, Ms. SPEIER, Mr. COHEN, Mr. WAXMAN, Mr. CONYERS, Mr. FARR, Mr. YARMUTH, Ms. JACKSON LEE of Texas, Ms. WOOLSEY, Mr. BLUMENAUER, Mr. BISHOP of New York, and Ms. DEGETTE) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^^^^^^F^^^^^O^^^^^O^^^^^L^^^^^S^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Opportunistic , knee-jerk reaction FOOLS

Business as usual at Disneyland on the Potomac.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links