BAFTE new shotgun rulings??

This is a discussion on BAFTE new shotgun rulings?? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A friend of mine sent this to me: http://blog.princelaw.com/2011/1/20/...un-importation and there is some other supporting stuff on the interweb, saying that the ATF was supposed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BAFTE new shotgun rulings??

BAFTE new shotgun rulings??

A friend of mine sent this to me: http://blog.princelaw.com/2011/1/20/...un-importation

and there is some other supporting stuff on the interweb, saying that the ATF was supposed to issue a ruling today about classifying some shotguns as destructive devices. But apparently no one knows which shotguns, but people think the Saiga is a candidate. Apparently the ATF said something about this at the SHOT Show last week.

I don't usually get into fear mongering and spreading this stuff. But there are a large number of Saiga-12 fans on here, and a wide knowledge base. So, has anyone heard anything, or am I safe to take off my tin foil hat?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Nothing on www.ATF.gov yet - 24 Jan 11 @ 1707 EST
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    They all work the same way, they all fire the same ammo. I don't see where they can classify one differently than another, but then reason and logic were never strengths of any gov agency.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

You should all know by now it has nothing to do with power, ammo, function, etc. It's only about how scary they look. The Saiga 12 looks like an AK, therefore it meets the BATFE criteria.

Cheers
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Well hells bells, you can bet the new Kel Tec KSG will likely make that list. Yep, it'll likely have a starring role at the very top of the list.

Even though it's got a full 18.5 inch barrel, and is a pump action shotgun, it just looks scary, and that's enough for the ATF. Plus it's short overall length and high magazine capacity of 14 will likely see it on the list if the BATFE does that.

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I've been looking around all the past few hours trying to find something more credible.

There is some speculation that it is actually about the new Taurus 28 gauge revolver, and Rossi .410 mare's leg.

Or, maybe its just bum scoop...
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Well hells bells, you can bet the new Kel Tec KSG will likely make that list. Yep, it'll likely have a starring role at the very top of the list.

Even though it's got a full 18.5 inch barrel, and is a pump action shotgun, it just looks scary, and that's enough for the ATF. Plus it's short overall length and high magazine capacity of 14 will likely see it on the list if the BATFE does that.

You have no idea how badly I want one of those.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Shhhhh Shhhhhhhhhh !! looks like a Squirrel gun to me Me to Jumpwing

VIP Member

Sorry for the
    Thanks a lot guys!

Just when I've told the wife there's nothing else out there that I want!

BTW, here's the scoop from the Kel Tec site..................

http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/pr...ec-shotgun-ksg
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Oh yeah, I'll likely be getting the Kel Tec as well. If BATFE doesn't put the kibosh on it.

Here's the link to the thread we have running here at DC.com Kel Tec is planning a new shotgun design. The KSG
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Ah yes, the KSG, the more I look into it, the more I want to try one out, and maybe buy one.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

'Big gun, Short lived. Taurus 28 Gauge Revolver.'
    "On Friday night Michael Bane told me that BATFE visited the Taurus booth at SHOT Show and declared that the 28 gauge revolver was in fact a SBS (Short Barreled Shotgun), not a handgun."

Source - http://networkedblogs.com/dpw4G

Oops...

- Taurus

P.S.
    I'd have thought AOW but hell the BATFE can call stuff whatever it wants, it's their nomenclature.
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Thanks Janq, I didn't realize how massive that "revolver" was until I saw that pic.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    "On Friday night Michael Bane told me that BATFE visited the Taurus booth at SHOT Show and declared that the 28 gauge revolver was in fact a SBS (Short Barreled Shotgun), not a handgun."

Source - http://networkedblogs.com/dpw4G

Oops...

- Taurus

P.S.
    I'd have thought AOW but hell the BATFE can call stuff whatever it wants, it's their nomenclature.
    I was wondering how they were getting around it, seems they weren't. Thank you very much for the info.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post

It can't be an SBS without a stock. I call BS.

That KSG won't be a DD because it is a pump shotgun. The Streetsweeper shotgun is a DD because it's an autoloader.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links