Wyoming Concealed Carry Legislation Moving Forward

This is a discussion on Wyoming Concealed Carry Legislation Moving Forward within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Notice the knuclehead democrats comments at the bottom. What is it with dems just absolutely despising the constitution either Federal or State? It's always for ...

Thread: Wyoming Concealed Carry Legislation Moving Forward

Thumbs up Wyoming Concealed Carry Legislation Moving Forward

Notice the knuclehead democrats comments at the bottom. What is it with dems just absolutely despising the constitution either Federal or State? It's always for the kids. These people are repulsive.

www.kcwy13.com/story.php?id=8112

Concealed Weapons Bill Progresses
    January 21, 2011
    Reported by Catherine Bilkey

Bills moved in the state legislature Friday. An amendment for the Concealed Weapons Bill failed, but the bill itself made it through second reading in the Senate.

Senate File 47 would allow Wyoming residents to carry concealed guns without a state permit. According to its sponsor Kit Jennings, he\'s pushing the legislation because of gun-rights he says are guaranteed by the state and federal constitutions.

“I took an oath twice now, once when I was elected the first time and once when I was reelected, to support, defend and obey the constitution of the United States and Wyoming, and I feel that\'s exactly what I’m doing,” said Jennings, a Republican representing Casper.

Senator Chris Rothfuss, a Democrat representing Laramie, has voted against the bill twice now.

“What I think this bill does is it puts a higher priority on the second amendment rights of the individual than the safety rights of another individual,” said Rothfuss. “So, we’re basically putting those concealed carry rights well ahead of, for example, my children’s right to safety.”
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff F View Post
    Notice the knuclehead democrats comments at the bottom. What is it with dems just absolutely despising the constitution either Federal or State? It's always for the kids. These people are repulsive.
    Typical, using kids as human shields.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Looking like were going to get it this time around. Full house has to vote on it again, and they already passed it once. Then to the govenor who will sign it.

http://spicyhotnews.com/wyoming-conc...committee.html

CHEYENNE, Wyo. Wyoming residents would be able to carry concealed guns without a permit under a bill that has cleared a legislative committee. The House Travel, Recreation, Wildlife and Cultural Resources Committee voted 8-1 Friday.

The House Travel, Recreation, Wildlife and Cultural Resources Committee voted 8-1 Friday in favor of the bill, sponsored by Casper Republican Senator Kit Jennings. It already has cleared the Senate and now goes to the full House.

The committee amended the bill to specify that people couldn't carry concealed guns while intoxicated.

If the bill becomes law, Wyoming would join Alaska, Arizona and Vermont as states that don't require citizens to have permits to carry concealed weapons.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Good luck to you. Hopefully Colorado will follow suit with theirs.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

What a different world from the one I live in here in New Jersey!
    Good for Wyoming residents. Hope it passes.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Wyoming is an awesome place, just like the sign says, Like no place on Earth...good luck, I hope this legislation flies through.
    Desperate people do desperate things in desperate situations.

Heavily medicated for your protection.

Kimber Tactical Custom II, SIS Pro

Good Luck WY! I hope it does pass because I've heard rumors ID is looking at doing the same thing...
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

The funny thing is that wy residents can own fully automatic weapons, of course with the proper licenses, but not as yet carry a concealed weapon, good luck Kansas finally passed a few years ago, my dad lives in Laramie and it's beautiful country

The wife has family in Laramie and due to being a university town it is rather a liberal place, and BTW Wyoming has had a CCW permit law for several years, this bill is no permit needed CCW.

I love the Wyoming attitude; several years ago the wife and I were there with our 4X4 dually/slide-in camper and stopped in a National Forest Regional Office for detailed maps and to make sure I could park the camper anywhere I wanted. I also asked if there would be any problem OCing and having other weapons in the camper on NF lands. The ranger laughed and said "Hell this is Wyoming, everybody carries a gun here, with the meth problem we have on federal lands you'd be stupid not to carry a gun".

On the way out of town we passed a dirt road with a half dozen mail boxes, there were 3 women standing by the mailboxes talking with 2 horses and 1 ATV near by, all 3 were wearing western style gun rigs, 2 did look like SA six guns the 3rd appeared to be a 1911 (probably the one riding the ATV as she looked younger than the other 2) again gotta love the Wyoming attitude.

I live 76 miles from Laramie and your right, liberal college town. There and Jackson sorta blemish the rest of the state. We have concealed carry and open carry, the new law will be for residents to carry concealed without a permit.

Oh ok I was not aware of that,my apologies the Wyoming way of life is awesome my dad lives on a 1600 acre ranch with 2 miles of the Laramie river on it and he has his own gun range on the property and an abundance of lopers which are a blast to hunt. I'm sure he will be voting to help ya wy residents out cause like me he's a gun lover!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Good luck to you. Hopefully Colorado will follow suit with theirs.
    Agreed. <fingers crossed>

Wyoming House approves concealed carry bill

Wyoming House approves concealed carry bill

Associated Press - February 25, 2011 2:05 PM ET

CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) - The Wyoming House of Representatives has approved a bill to allow people to carry concealed guns without a permit.

The House voted 49-9 for the bill on Friday. The Senate already has approved it. The bill now goes to Gov. Matt Mead.

Proponents have emphasized that both the Wyoming and federal constitutions specify people have the right to carry guns.

Opponents include some police groups who say the bill could encourage dangerous people to carry guns who wouldn't be able to pass a background check under the state's existing concealed-carry permit system.

Wyoming would continue to issue concealed-carry permits even if the bill passes so citizens could have reciprocity with other states.

Alaska, Arizona and Vermont already allow citizens to carry concealed guns without permits.

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff F View Post

Opponents include some police groups who say the bill could encourage dangerous people to carry guns who wouldn't be able to pass a background check under the state's existing concealed-carry permit system...
    And I'd be willing to bet that the same people could not pass a 4473 either, ergo not be able to purchase a gun from an FFL, which leaves private party sales, or various other means to illegally obtain one, and would be in just as much trouble to get caught with one.

Way to go Wyoming!

Colorado's version made it out of the judiciary committee and is on it's way to the floor.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Links