Magazine restriction tucked inside FAA bill

This is a discussion on Magazine restriction tucked inside FAA bill within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I receive this e-mail from the RMGO director yesterday. Did not post the bill number, and I have no idea how to search for it. ...

Thread: Magazine restriction tucked inside FAA bill

Magazine restriction tucked inside FAA bill

I receive this e-mail from the RMGO director yesterday. Did not post the bill number, and I have no idea how to search for it.

I've just received word from inside sources in the U.S. Senate.

Senate Democrats are planning to execute a sneak attack on gun rights as soon as TODAY!

Their plan is to sneak Carolyn McCarthy's Magazine Ban into law as an amendment to the Federal Aviation Administration Bill, a routine piece of generally non-controversial legislation.

And they hope YOU won't notice.

That's why you and I need to make our voices heard RIGHT NOW!

We need to let them know we're watching them like a hawk!

Please call Sen. Mark Udall at (202) 224-5941 and Sen. Michael Bennet at (202) 224-5852.

Make sure they know about this scheme and that they must oppose Carolyn McCarthy's Magazine Ban every step of the way whether it's attached as an amendment or not.

And make sure they know you're watching.

Thanks for taking action,

Dudley Brown
    Executive Director
    Rocky Mountain Gun Owners
    The two senators are Colorado's. Might want to call your own.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I'll be phoning both of mine today. Vitter is solidly pro-gun; Mary Landrieu is questionable, and if she gets enough phone calls she might do the right thing.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Yesterday morning i got a heads up e-mail from NAGR. Strange that none of the other mainstream gun rights organizations have anything on their sites-i just checked. Like an idiot i signed up for NAGRs e-mail "alerts". Just arranged to have them sent to my trash bin.

Old Dudley constantly "warns" us of about all kinds of stuff that never happens. Dudley is also the leader of some "gun rights" organization in CO. Beware of any organization that has a huge "DONATE NOW" in red on their home page.

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/

The house bill is H. R. 308. It has 65 co-signers. Every year a magazine limitation bill is proposed in the house. It usually gets about 60 or so co-signers. This go round it has 65 co-signers. Boehner does not want the bill: It will require 218 signatures on a discharge petition to bring the bill to the floor over Boehner's objections. There is a good chance that a magazine limitation bill would pass the senate. It will never pass the house.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...ativeData.php|

Already emailed my two senators...
    Kimber Tactical Ultra II, Kahr PM45, Kahr PM9, Kahr P380

VCDL put out an alert on this yesterday. Underhanded garbage.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Apparently it's not buried in another bill.. it's out there... by itself... I think... anyway... write your senators.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

The stand alone bill is S. 32: It is called the
    Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act
    and it is brought to you by Lautenberg of NJ. S. 32 has ten co-sponsors.

COSPONSORS(10), ALPHABETICAL [followed by Cosponsors withdrawn]: (Sort: by date)
    Sen Boxer, Barbara [CA] - 1/25/2011
    Sen Durbin, Richard [IL] - 1/25/2011
    Sen Feinstein, Dianne [CA] - 1/25/2011
    Sen Franken, Al [MN] - 1/25/2011
    Sen Gillibrand, Kirsten E. [NY] - 1/26/2011
    Sen Kerry, John F. [MA] - 1/25/2011
    Sen Levin, Carl [MI] - 1/25/2011
    Sen Menendez, Robert [NJ] - 1/25/2011
    Sen Reed, Jack [RI] - 1/25/2011
    Sen Schumer, Charles E. [NY] - 1/25/2011

No credible gun rights organization has anything about any such bill being "hidden" in the FAA appropriations bill or any other bill; i checked them all this morning. So far as i can tell Brown and the NAGR have never donated one cent to the 2nd Amendment cause.

at least Lautenberg claims this to be his last term. There is some hope for NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post

Old Dudley constantly "warns" us of about all kinds of stuff that never happens. Dudley is also the leader of some "gun rights" organization in CO. Beware of any organization that has a huge "DONATE NOW" in red on their home page.

And the NRA has a JOIN/RENEW and DONATE link on their website. They all need money.

Colorado does not have a heavily supported gun rights or advocacy org. Too many California transplants and tree huggers. The guy's has to get support somewhere.

We have a decent CC law on the books, with the exception that Denver City and County managed to get pre-emption over state law on OC, and that set the precedent for other municipalities to do the same.

Dudley has been involved in the smacking of the Colleges on their ban on CC (against state law) and successful.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

There is some hope for NJ.
    Most likely not: To have a chance of being elected in NJ; it is required that the candidate be a flaming gun hater.

Here is what I sent off to Sen. Hutchison and Cornyn:

Sen. Hutchison,

H.R.308 - Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act must NOT pass.

This is an unconstitutional ban and is an attempt to enact more gun control, instead of enforcing the laws already on the books.

We don't legislate larger capacity spoons and over eating is killing more people than guns.

We don't legislate larger cars which are more dangerous than smaller ones when striking a person and there are more automobile accidents killing people than guns.

We don't legislate the keeping of large breed dogs over smaller ones, and I would venture to say they cause more harm than guns.

I trust you to do your job as elected by me and make sure that no more useless gun control laws are passed, rather we prosecute the crime and not the tool used to commit the crime.

Thank you,

Christopher Parrish
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    According to the Library of Congress, it has been referred to the Judiciary committee, I would focus any efforts there. The House bill is of course DOA given the new makeup of the House. If you want a real laugher, read Sheila Lee's new bill on "child gun safety". It raises the ownership minimum to 21 for all semi automatic weapons, large cap mags and "assault weapons" (without defining the terms of course).
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    The stand alone bill is S. 32: It is called the and it is brought to you by Lautenberg of NJ. S. 32 has ten co-sponsors.

COSPONSORS(10), ALPHABETICAL [followed by Cosponsors withdrawn]: (Sort: by date)
    Sen Boxer, Barbara [CA] - 1/25/2011
    Sen Durbin, Richard [IL] - 1/25/2011
    Sen Feinstein, Dianne [CA] - 1/25/2011
    Sen Franken, Al [MN] - 1/25/2011
    Sen Gillibrand, Kirsten E. [NY] - 1/26/2011
    Sen Kerry, John F. [MA] - 1/25/2011
    Sen Levin, Carl [MI] - 1/25/2011
    Sen Menendez, Robert [NJ] - 1/25/2011
    Sen Reed, Jack [RI] - 1/25/2011
    Sen Schumer, Charles E. [NY] - 1/25/2011
    Also known as "The Usual Suspects"....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Links