Another Celebrity on the Ban Wagon

This is a discussion on Another Celebrity on the Ban Wagon within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Vincent D'Onofrio of CBS's Law and Order Criminal Intent has joined the never ending list of celebrities weighing in on firearm issues. He is filming ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

Vincent D'Onofrio of CBS's Law and Order Criminal Intent has joined the never ending list of celebrities weighing in on firearm issues. He is filming ads and starting his own campaign to ban high capacity magazines. He claims that he is a firm believer in the right to own a firearm, but wants the mag limit to be 10. How he reconciles those clearly two opposing views is a mystery, must be done with mirrors.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I have always been amazed by the tendency of the mainstream media to present celebrities as experts, and even more amazed by the tendency of some people to accept celebrities' pontifications on issues.

I am not a lawyer, and have never played a lawyer on television. I am not a doctor, but during my years as a cop I delivered several babies. Perhaps I should open a clinic and start offering pre-natal services, maybe write articles and give interviews on the subject? There just has to be a way for me to pick up a few bucks being an "expert".
    Lobo Gun Leather
    serious equipment for serious business, since 1972
    www.lobogunleather.com

You have to remember, celebrities live in a bubble, a different world as the rest of us "little" people. Besides, they can be an out-cast if they differ with the rest of Hollywood!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Considering I remember him way more as the mechanic in Adventures in babysitting, and as Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket, movies over 20 years old than for his stint on Law and Order CI, I really dont give to pints of urinary waste about his opinion on maga capacity, and I suspect most of AMERICA doesnt either....
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I
    have always been amazed by the tendency of the mainstream media to present celebrities as experts, and even more amazed by the tendency of some people to accept celebrities' pontifications on issues.
    More than one third of the US population sit around on their ample butts and watch their beloved TV celebrities all day, every day. Surely that cute actor must be much better informed on guns and stuff than that old man at the NRA. The far left media is making a push for draconian gun control and they are using celebrities to push it.

I had to Google him. The only thing I've seen him in was full metal jacket. Not someone, whose opinion interests me!
    PT145, CZ52, PM for carry. Lots of others to look at

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The only thing that irks me more than "celebrities" who think they are important and that anybody gives a rat's butt about their views and opinions is the masses of people who apparently also think the celebrities are important and believe those views and opinions.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

When actors and singers weigh in on any topic we should listen; after all they are celebrities and must know everything……

He played a pretty good cockroach in Men in Black. I guess he's just taking on the role in his personal life.

bosco

Im still new to the world of hand guns but guys help me out here. My Glock 23 has 13 round mags, whats the difference if I had 10 are 13 round mags? I mean really, 3 rounds is that big of a deal? Am I missing something here? Please educate me because im pro gun and I wanta learn about all this... Thanks...
    Generation 4 Glock 23
    Son, if you want something in this life you have to work for it,
    now quiet! there about to announce the lottery numbers........ Homar Simpson

I just googled that guys name to see who he was, man that dude is a runt! Didnt realize who we were talking about until I sawhis picture. I cant stand seeing him on tv, he sucks.... Yall dont forget to answer my question on my previous post.....
    Generation 4 Glock 23

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bunkiefd4 View Post
    I'm still new to the world of hand guns but guys help me out here. My Glock 23 has 13 round mags, whats the difference if I had 10 are 13 round mags? I mean really, 3 rounds is that big of a deal? Am I missing something here? Please educate me because im pro gun and I wanta learn about all this... Thanks...
    Is 3 rounds a big deal....no, not really. What is a big deal is once they get a magazine limit of 10 rounds do you really think they will stop their. NO, then they will want to limit you to 5 rounds, then 3, then single shot. You have to remember what the anti's actual goal is. It is complete and total ban of ALL guns, not just handguns. If you want to see what they would like, look at the gun laws in Great Britain. They started with banning handguns, then it went to semi auto long guns, then anything other than a single shot shotgun, to what you have today. Total gun ban.

Another thing to think about. Under the bills being put forward, there will be no grandfather clause for pre-existing "high capacity" magazines. That means those 13 round magazine you own will be outlawed and you will have to turn them in. Do you think the government is going to pay you fair market value for them? Do you think the government will give you replacement 10 round magazine to replace them? I'd place money that the answer to both of those questions is a big NO.

Restricting the capacity of magazine is not going to make one bit of difference. If a nut case is going to go on a killing spree, he'll do it with whatever size magazine he has available to him.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

At least he didn't say 'high capacity clips' for pistols.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Is 3 rounds a big deal....no, not really. What is a big deal is once they get a magazine limit of 10 rounds do you really think they will stop their. NO, then they will want to limit you to 5 rounds, then 3, then single shot. You have to remember what the anti's actual goal is. It is complete and total ban of ALL guns, not just handguns. If you want to see what they would like, look at the gun laws in Great Britain. They started with banning handguns, then it went to semi auto long guns, then anything other than a single shot shotgun, to what you have today. Total gun ban.

Another thing to think about. Under the bills being put forward, there will be no grandfather clause for pre-existing "high capacity" magazines. That means those 13 round magazine you own will be outlawed and you will have to turn them in. Do you think the government is going to pay you fair market value for them? Do you think the government will give you replacement 10 round magazine to replace them? I'd place money that the answer to both of those questions is a big NO.

Restricting the capacity of magazine is not going to make one bit of difference. If a nut case is going to go on a killing spree, he'll do it with whatever size magazine he has available to him.
    Well archer very good point. For real guys what are they thinking? The honest peolpe like us would follow the law and buy 10 round mags but then you have the criminals who steal, break in houses, go on shooting sprees that would still be carrying mags that are illegal. I just dont get it....... If two guys were going to rob a bank do you think they would look at each other and say, "make sure you that you have your 10 round mags, dont want to get in any extra trouble"? Man this is crazy..... But look at the world were living in.
    Generation 4 Glock 23

Hey, he should know. He's the guy ("Private Pyle") who killed Sgt. Hartman and then himself with an M14 loaded with a 20-round mag in Full Metal Jacket. Clearly he knows how dangerous those high-cap mags are.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links