Now I'm pissed off...

Now I'm pissed off...

This is a discussion on Now I'm pissed off... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Washington seems to have passed a new law stating that you cannot carry a loaded firearm while riding a snowmobile! I understand why you should'nt ...

Now I'm pissed off...

Washington seems to have passed a new law stating that you cannot carry a loaded firearm while riding a snowmobile! I understand why you should'nt carry a loaded hunting rifle or shotgun, but what about my defensive pistol?

So whos going to protect me when i get back to my truck to find someone there breaking into it and they attack me to get my keys and take the whole rig? (i have experienced similar situations up on the mountain).

What about all of the other "what ifs" i could come up with? Theres too many to list, just like when regularly carrying.

Same rules for a car or bike should apply for the snowmobile. I dont see any laws regarding carrying on ATV's or Motorcycles? Who the hell hunts on a snowmobile anyways? Sometimes these granola eating tree huggers making laws and taking our rights just really get my goin...thank you REI.

Or, when you run out of gas or the engine chokes, and the bear thinks you look good for lunch ?
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    Here is a link to an opencarry.org thread. Seems like carrying a firearm on an ATV or snowmobile is a traffic violation, makes no sense unless they are trying to relate it to game laws.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...le-ORS-821.240
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I searched into it and it looks like i wasnt the first one to notice and someone was very proactive in getting this fixed. It should only apply to hunting from the snowmobile or transporting you hunting weapon

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...CPL-since-2003

i would hope the bears are hibernating in the mddle of winter, lol i think id be more concerned with a cougar...

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Like good ole' Jerry Reed (70's musician for you young folks) once said'

"Well I wonder where the Louisiana Sheriff went to? You can sure get lost in the Louisiana Bayou"
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

I've lived up in Washington for a time. I really loved spending a long weekend up in the Cascades.....I wasn't into snowmobiling but liked being away from everything. My sidearm always went with me.
    Does your license negate that law? Sounds like a knee-jerk legisation to something.........
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member
    Oregon has the same law, and has for some time. It applies to all ATVs and snowmobiles. It is also a traffic violation here, so I imagine it is a hunting-related law.

You can carry, but it must be "unloaded" (no rounds in the firearm, period). Though the legislature is being presented with a revision, that re-defines "unloaded" as merely and empty chamber.

There should be a CHL exemption, though. As there are for nearly every other gun possession restriction in the ORS.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Is it a "traffic violation" if you're not on public land or highways? I'd hate to get a ticket for improper lane change in the middle of that pasture.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

OC or CC, many state have laws that give more specific rights to people who are licensed and can CC VS just OC. MI for example has exemptions that specific restrictions applied to people with out a CC where they cannot carry however if you are licensed by the state or any other jurisdiction to CC then OC is good anyplace.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

VIP Member
    Boy, as totally messed up as Mi. SEEMS to be, at least we don't have idiotic crap from
    moronic legislators dealing us baloney like that.

When hunting during bow season, obviously you can't have a firearm with you, BUT, if you are a CPL holder you most certainly can have your pistol with you.
    As long as you are not driving your 4 wheeler or snowmobile into a school, bank, arena ,medical facility or any place off limits according to the law, you may carry.

Thank you Michigan.!!!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Response to "Now I'm pissed off..."

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Boy, as totally messed up as Mi. SEEMS to be, at least we don't have idiotic crap from
    moronic legislators dealing us baloney like that.
    Gent's it's not only that, it goes much deeper. I just read an article on the news that the Federal government was trying to find more ways to cut Spending. All I can do is Write letters, Vote, and Hope. I wrote Vern Buchanan and suggested that we get rid of the Federal Departments of Education, the Departments of commerce, and the Departments of Labor. To eliminate several Military bases in Germany and Korea. (Let them pay for security), and bring the troops home to protect our borders, and thereby eliminate the Department of Homeland Security. To eliminate the IRS, and come up with a flat tax of some sort.

We need to downsize the federal Government, and give more to the States and the people.

Not to mention the 3.5 Billion a year for Foreign aid to Egypt, and even more to Pakistan and others. Look it up. Is there anything we can do?

If we can deal with the Federal Government first, the 2nd amendment will be ok! The Fed is the Problem.

I am not against Government, I am against Bad Government.

Regards
    Rick
    "Fail Your Way To Success"
    "A Goal without a Plan, is Just a Dream"
    "Age and treachery will win over Youth and Enthusiasm"

Quote Originally Posted by boerep View Post
    Gent's it's not only that, it goes much deeper. I just read an article on the news that the Federal government was trying to find more ways to cut Spending. All I can do is Write letters, Vote, and Hope. I wrote Vern Buchanan and suggested that we get rid of the Federal Departments of Education, the Departments of commerce, and the Departments of Labor. To eliminate several Military bases in Germany and Korea. (Let them pay for security), and bring the troops home to protect our borders, and thereby eliminate the Department of Homeland Security. To eliminate the IRS, and come up with a flat tax of some sort.

We need to downsize the federal Government, and give more to the States and the people.

Not to mention the 3.5 Billion a year for Foreign aid to Egypt, and even more to Pakistan and others. Look it up. Is there anything we can do?

If we can deal with the Federal Government first, the 2nd amendment will be ok! The Fed is the Problem.

I am not against Government, I am against Bad Government.

Regards
    Rick
    Any Responses to this?
    "Fail Your Way To Success"
    "A Goal without a Plan, is Just a Dream"
    "Age and treachery will win over Youth and Enthusiasm"

Quote Originally Posted by boerep View Post
    Any Responses to this?
    Good luck with that?

Seriously, you can write letters all day, vote any which way you want, and in the end, hope is all you got.

Downsizing the federal government would be nice... but the unemployment numbers would increase by ~2.15 million, if you eliminated them all. About 1.5 million if you just eliminated the civilians working for our gubmint.

The Fed is only one of the problems... and I don't mean the Federal government as you do.

Believe it or not, Hillary had the right idea (just the wrong application)... we really do need a "reset button" to straighten the mess out. It won't likely happen in our lifetime, boerep. So, my response remains... Good luck with that.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

If they wanted to fix it, and I'm not convinced they do. How about reducing the amount of currency in circulation and backing remainder with gold?Get rid of Federal Reserve which is'nt even OURS! Stop taxing the living hell outta us, especially businesses so they can expand with a profit incentive.Our tax code needs to be thrown out, maybe adopt a flat tax for everyone. Idealism I guess, its now about re-distribution of wealth and moving forward with a global one world government.Makes me sick, our kids will suffer most if we don't change...

Links