FL Legislative Support for HB 45 and SB 402, as to state preemption law.

This is a discussion on FL Legislative Support for HB 45 and SB 402, as to state preemption law. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; After receiving two NRA-ILA notices on the above bills introduced into the FL state legislature, I sent a letter asking their support for both bills. ...

Thread: FL Legislative Support for HB 45 and SB 402, as to state preemption law.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap

Thumbs up FL Legislative Support for HB 45 and SB 402, as to state preemption law.

After receiving two NRA-ILA notices on the above bills introduced into the FL state legislature, I sent a letter asking their support for both bills.

What the two versions do is add teeth in the form of fines for any local municipality that carries or creates any ordinances concerning firearms or ammunition beyond what the state's preemption statutes allows, which is very limited. However, there is no penalty for doing so, and several local municipalities still carry and/or are creating ordinances in violation of this very clear preemptive statute.

Following is a reply from Senator Charlie Dean:

"Thank you for voicing your support of Senator Negron’s Senate Bill 402. As a lifelong member of National Rifle Association, I understand these issues firsthand. Senate Bill 402 would help protect the rights of gun owners by providing penalties for government officials who violate state gun preemption law. On Tuesday, Senate Bill 402 was found favorably by the Criminal Justice Committee, a committee I serve on. I put three amendments onto Senate Bill 402 to strengthen the bill for law abiding gun owners. When voting upon this issue, I will keep your support in mind. You can follow Senate Bill 402 by logging on to www.flsenate.gov. Once again, thank you for writing to me and please continue to write to me on issues important to you."

It's nice to have people such as this actually listening to their constituents. Apparently, some do listen if we take to time to express our views.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

they've already passed the first subcommittee.

Links