New NC Castle Doctrine 2 + Stand your ground

This is a discussion on New NC Castle Doctrine 2 + Stand your ground within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've heard grumblings for a few days on another board. Things are moving fast but it looks like this is the real deal to get ...

Thread: New NC Castle Doctrine 2 + Stand your ground

I've heard grumblings for a few days on another board. Things are moving fast but it looks like this is the real deal to get behind. Castle Doctrine including vehicles, stand your ground, plus civil immunity for any justifiable use of force. And penalties for aggressors who try to sue in civil court. At least that's what I have taken from it so far. It's a lot of info.

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascript...011&BillID=H74
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Sounds like someone sent them a copy of FL's firearm statutes. The carry and SD laws of NC could use some updating.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I like what I am seeing since Deborah Ross was removed from her leadership seat.

Is the whole bill new or just this part?
    A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.
    I would think it would be a lot harder to pass a bill that large, but that might not be the case. It's time for everybody in NC to call their rep in the House and ask them to support the bill. Has the bill also been submitted in the Senate? I assume it has to pass both houses to become law.

This is an important law to have on the books in any state. Good luck NC...I hope you can get enough people emailing your legislators...that is a must.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by mandalitten View Post
    Is the whole bill new or just this part?

I would think it would be a lot harder to pass a bill that large, but that might not be the case. It's time for everybody in NC to call their rep in the House and ask them to support the bill. Has the bill also been submitted in the Senate? I assume it has to pass both houses to become law.

From what I have heard, the old bill was written while Dems controlled Raleigh. It was an effort to get support from folks who might not be anti, but are not very pro gun either. This new bill was written by Reps, and takes a lot from other good bills that have passed in other states. They took the best ideas they could find.

Yeah, it's a big bill. There are 6 separate laws in the bill. This is by far the strongest bill I have seen introduced. As of now there is no companion bill in the Senate. I think they are looking for sponsors. They instituted a 10 bill limit for each representative to sponsor. Overall, that's a good idea. I hope it does not hinder this bill though.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Links