Who needs the 2A? Not Egypt...

This is a discussion on Who needs the 2A? Not Egypt... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I guess if enough people protest and riot, they can change government. No guns required....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who needs the 2A? Not Egypt...

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Who needs the 2A? Not Egypt...

I guess if enough people protest and riot, they can change government. No guns required.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

IIRC, it didn't work out all that well for the Chinese.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Anyone remember the parade in Egypt that suddenly stopped, and then members of the Army assassinated Presidsent Sadat?

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

They were very lucky that the Army was on their side!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

How long have the Egyptians been living under a repressive dictatorship?
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    Anyone remember the parade in Egypt that suddenly stopped, and then members of the Army assassinated Presidsent Sadat?

Yes, but---- "A fatwā approving the assassination had been obtained from Omar Abdel-Rahman, a cleric later convicted in the US for his role in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing." (Found on Wikipedia)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    They were very lucky that the Army was on their side!
    That remains to be seen. This ouster of Mubarak might be a soft coupe. They may now get a worse dictatorship or chaos, only time will tell.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    How long have the Egyptians been living under a repressive dictatorship?
    Forever--- prior to WWII, colonial oppression. After WWII King Farouk. Then Colonel Nasser. Then Sadat. Then Moubarak.

Only time will tell if now it will become yet another military dictatorship. All those doing lots of dancing and cheering may be doing so prematurely.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Forever--- prior to WWII, colonial oppression. After WWII King Farouk. Then Colonel Nasser. Then Sadat. Then Moubarak.

Only time will tell if now it will become yet another military dictatorship. All those doing lots of dancing and cheering may be doing so prematurely.
    Yeah, look how well it worked out for Iran.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Administrator
    The big question is:
    How are 100+ thousands of people packed and crowded into the streets for 18 solid days
    and not a Port-A-John anywhere in sight? <~~

On a serious note I hope that it all works out somehow for the Egyptian people. The U.S. military has a close working relationship with the Eqyptian army so that is one good thing.
    But, their economy is in a total shambles right now and it's going to get worse. The tourist dollars have fallen to zero. Investors have either already yanked their money out or they will as soon as they are physically able to again.
    There will be food shortages & store shelves are already empty. The banks are still closed.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    The big question is:
    How are 100+ thousands of people packed and crowded into the streets for 18 solid days
    and not a Port-A-John anywhere in sight? <~~

On a serious note I hope that it all works out somehow for the Egyptian people. The U.S. military has a close working relationship with the Eqyptian army so that is one good thing.
    But, their economy is in a total shambles right now and it's going to get worse. The tourist dollars have fallen to zero. Investors have either already yanked their money out or they will as soon as they are physically able to again.
    There will be food shortages & store shelves are already empty. The banks are still closed.
    True, but we will bail them out! We'll borrow the money if we don't have it, and send it right over, because that is what we do! The only good thing is if China calls in all of their loans, they won't have anywhere to sell all of the really good items they send over here.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Now a Muslim regime' can take over and oppress all oil flow to the US through the Suez canal. Just saying. Gas is gonna go up a ton now.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Didn't work out so well in Iran either what eighteen months-two years ago?
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    I guess if enough people protest and riot, they can change government. No guns required.
    There were a lot of guns... the military was holding them and supporting getting rid of Mubarak. So, who was going to fight the military ? This was 'technically' a military coup.... as Mubarak did not resign, the military TOLD HIM he was going to retire now and not wait... and he hasn't been seen since. He could be in a grave in the desert and no one would know right now, as no one outside the Govt / Military have seen him since the night of his speech when he said he was staying IN office.

No country pushing to "see " that he has survived .
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by LeftofMars View Post
    Didn't work out so well in Iran either what eighteen months-two years ago?
    Exactly, when this country becomes a theocracy and they start preaching hatred for us and Israel as a country and further destabilize the region, I would like to revisit this thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links