OHIO-Restaurant Carry

This is a discussion on OHIO-Restaurant Carry within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Restaurant carry (HB45/SB17) will have proponent testimony in the House on Tuesday at 1:30 and sponsor testimony in the Senate at 4:30. Restoration of Rights ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: OHIO-Restaurant Carry

OHIO-Restaurant Carry

Restaurant carry (HB45/SB17) will have proponent testimony in the House on Tuesday at 1:30 and sponsor testimony in the Senate at 4:30. Restoration of Rights (SB61) will also have sponsor testimony in the Senate at the same hearing. Restoration of Rights (HB54) will have sponsor testimony in the House on Wed. at 9:00AM.

Details on Buckeye Firearms website:
    http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7654
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

2. Remove Ads

Hopefully we can get it to go through this year, definitely something i will be keeping an eye on.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member
    Thanks Linda.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

It should've passed last time, but that piece of crap Speaker of the House Budish blocked it, despite support from both sides and Gov. Strickland saying he'd sign it.

I'm pretty sure it's gonna pass this time around.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Sounds like Ted Strickland is a good and decent governor.

He was a democrat too. He's gone know though. New guy is Gov. Kasich
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Good luck to ya'all and hope it passes. You can carry restaurants , bars, etc. all here unless they are posted. There have been no incidents at all involving a CCL person. No one has shot a cook over for a bad hamburger either.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Thanks for the info and if you hear please keep us posted! I should visit that site more often for sure.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Let's hope it does pass. I do not cross the river to dine very often because of the current law. I am not going to park and walk to a restaurant at night in Cincinnati unarmed.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    I think it will pass. The real question will be what restaurants will post and which will not (or remove current postings).
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I'll be at the Statehouse today, possibly testifying. We'll post on Buckeye Firearms website how it goes. We *should* get this passed and Gov. Kasich has said he will sign it. We shall see...,

I couldn't get over to Columbus today, but am anxiously awaiting news of how things go. It should have become law last year, and would have if not for the libral anti-gun house leader from northern OH. I voted for Strickland and Cordray (govenor and attorney general) because they supported this even though they were Democrats. Unfortunately they both lost in the Republican sweep. Just hope their replacements are as pro-gun as they were. With Republicans controlling the state legislature things are looking up for gun legislation. I don't really care what party someone is from just as long as they support the Constitution and especially the 2nd A.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

More hearings both in the Senate and House this Tuesday!
    http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7666

VIP Member
    I just got this e-mail. It is moving along.

Ohio: Right-to-Carry Reform Legislation Scheduled for a Possible Vote on March 8

The House State Government and Elections Committee could vote on House Bill 45 on Tuesday, March 8 at 1:30 p.m. in room 116 at the state capitol. Introduced by state Representatives Danny Bubp (R-88) and Terry Johnson (R-89), HB 45 would eliminate the current confusing standards of carrying a firearm in a motor vehicle. In addition, the proposal would also allow permit holders to carry a firearm for self-defense in a restaurant that serves alcohol, provided they are not consuming alcohol, thus eliminating another “victim zone” in Ohio.

This legislation is a critical step forward to help assure that Right-to-Carry permit holders are not arrested for accidentally carrying their firearm in a prohibited manner.

Please call and e-mail members of the House State Government and Elections Committee and urge them to support this important Right-to-Carry reform for law-abiding Ohioans by voting for HB 45.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Ksholder, that's good news! Maybe by the end of this summer we will no longer have to disarm and lock our weapons in our vehicles if we go to a restaurant other than a fast food place to eat! It is about time OH gets in line with the 41 other states that do allow concealed carry in establishments that sell alcohol! I haven't had anything to drink for over 25 years, but most good restaurants sell alcohol and currently if we want to carry we are limited to fast food, Cracker Barrel, Bob Evans, or a few "Mom and Pop" type restaurants.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links