New Yorks Plan For Terror Response

This is a discussion on New Yorks Plan For Terror Response within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From the New York Times today. It appears that the New York legal system is preparing for martial law and the suspension of the Constitutions ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member

From the New York Times today. It appears that the New York legal system is preparing for martial law and the suspension of the Constitutions of the US and NY in the event of an epidemic or a terror attack. The ACLU notes it has concerns over this plan. While the Bar Assn is glad to sell you a bound copy for $18 (you can get a PDF version free at the Plan link below).

Article http://nyti.ms/gRTe3A

Plan http://www.nycourts.gov/whatsnew/pdf...egalManual.pdf
    Last edited by ksholder; February 15th, 2011 at 08:00 AM. Reason: correction
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I thought they did that already.

What is Marshall law?

Or did you mean martial law?
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    What is Marshall law?

Or did you mean martial law?
    Yes I did, thanks. I hate the spell check on my Iphone. I thought I had it typed right, but it "corrected" me. Thanks for pointing this out. I corrected the original based on your comment.

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

It is hard for me to imagine the gubment having any success in enforcing martial law. If things were to get that extreme, they would risk more chaos and risk losing control alltogether. It would be a smarter play to use the armed citizenry to aid in efforts than to attempt to suppress them. I hope we never find out, but by my count of armed citizenry, retired military, hunters, and guns per household, it would be much uglier than they imagine.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    It is hard for me to imagine the gubment having any success in enforcing martial law. If things were to get that extreme, they would risk more chaos and risk losing control alltogether. It would be a smarter play to use the armed citizenry to aid in efforts than to attempt to suppress them. I hope we never find out, but by my count of armed citizenry, retired military, hunters, and guns per household, it would be much uglier than they imagine.

Glockman10 - I am with you. However, just because it is not a smart play doesn't mean some governments may not try it. Glad I don't live in NY.

Yes they very well may. I do not believe the law abiding citizen would need to be controled by martial law, and I really think this is skewed reasoning by the goverment. Of course there would be a need to ensure law and order, but, this could be accomplished with the cooperation of the armed citizenry. I just can't see it working for the good of the reasoning behind the martial law concept.

Good luck with that martial law thing in NYC.... lol

"If you get angry enough, grab your rifle and run outside. If you're the only one there, it's not time yet!"

But it sounds like the time might just be getting closer...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    "If you get angry enough, grab your rifle and run outside. If you're the only one there, it's not time yet!"

But it sounds like the time might just be getting closer...
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Yes I did, thanks. I hate the spell check on my Iphone. I thought I had it typed right, but it "corrected" me. Thanks for pointing this out. I corrected the original based on your comment.
    Off topic, but you may get a kick out of this site: D*** you atuocorrect! (warning: many of the entries are not appropriate for younger children)

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Cities like New York, Chicago, L.A and Detroit, etc. cannot control gang violence and crime when times are good let alone when the SHTF. Their book or manual will be more useful as toilet paper. All the lawyers, judges and politicians will be hiding with their armed body guards in the safest places they can find or trying to get out of town. It's pretty close to anarchy in the streets now so I can just imagine what it will be like when the SHTF. Check out New Orleans after hurricane Katrina and you will get an idea how the government will respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    Off topic, but you may get a kick out of this site: D*** you atuocorrect! (warning: many of the entries are not appropriate for younger children)
    Then there's Owed to a Spell Chequer
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Sponsor
    If someone sends this our way, that is not going to help:

monster8806.jpg
    Go with the glow

This is news? NYC has already suspended the Constitution.
    Martial Blade Concepts, Jiu-Jitsu & Eskrima NRA, GOA, NYSRPA, LIF, Old Bethpage Rifle & Pistol Club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links