URGENT: For the Illinois Gun Owners

This is a discussion on URGENT: For the Illinois Gun Owners within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am told that there is a chance for an Illinois concealed carry bill to actually get passed this year from a really good source. ...

Thread: URGENT: For the Illinois Gun Owners

URGENT: For the Illinois Gun Owners

I am told that there is a chance for an Illinois concealed carry bill to actually get passed this year from a really good source. A really, REALLY good source.

I am starting to visit every single forum that I am subscribed to and not just the firearm forums, every forum and trying to enlist people to first; log on and join www.IllinoisCarry.com and second; join the ISRA and NRA and third, get vocal by calling their State reps and Senators, call radio programs and send Letters to the Editors of every paper in Illinois and fourth, attend IGOLD and get as many people as they know to attend IGOLD. To further that, I am including IGOLD (Illinois GunOwners Lobby Day in Springfield on March 10)posters and an invitations to print them out and post them..

It is not hard to get a political buzz started because of the Internet. It is entirely possible to start a contagious positive buzz started if it breaks out in numerous websites and very definitely not just those directed at firearms. For instance, I have a Jeep Wrangler and belong to four different Jeep forums. I have a travel trailer and belong to two different RV websites.

I am also asking anyone that reads my posts on all of these forums to do the same thing. Go to any forums they belong to and urge folks to do any or all four of the four things I have listed.

Illinois Carry has over 2000 members. By March 10, we can get that to 4,000 or more members.

Todd Vandermyde, the NRA Illinois Lobbyist, is in Springfield fighting for us and he needs to start hearing State Reps and Senators telling him that their office phones are starting to ring off the hook from pro-RTC voters.

Don't wait, do this now. It is time to "gather the clans" because this could happen this very Spring.
    Bud

When the cute TV reporter asked the Texas Ranger why he shot the bank robber six times with his.45, he replied, ""Cause they don't make a .50"[/I]

2. Remove Ads

Wishing you luck on this.
    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    Captain Malcom Reynolds "Firefly"

Good luck!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    100% chance governor jello will veto it even if Madigan lets it pass (he won't) due to Mayor Shortshanks anti 2A position. Wish it were different, but after living there for 52 years, I know my Illinois politics.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    It absolutely CAN happen! We on the Missouri side of the river are pulling for you! Outside of Cook County there is a lot of support. I suspect even within Cook County there is much, much more citizen support than the pols want to admit.

Keep pushing! It will happen!
    NRA Life Member

Best of Luck Illinois!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Best of luck to all the Illinois would-be carriers. I have a daughter and grandkids in Belleville that I won't go visit because I would have to leave my gun at home here in Ohio. I'll be sure she gets this info, as she is very politically active and a conservative pro-gun advocate.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Off topic but what is the latest on the next Mayor Daley?
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    The Rahminator is a shoo in.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Links